which set up looks more efficient?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
A or B? ---------- see Image 36.jpg attachment
Why?
I'm looking at filter / fan placement primarily..

Image36.jpg

I vote A. Less bends, more efficient. If fan is drawing enough, does not matter if it is centered over plants ime.

I go with A as well, I was told when I had suggest taking the filter in at the top instead of the bottom, that you wanted cool air on your light, and you didnt want to pass that hot air from above the light back through it.

A...:aok:

take care and be safe

I would go with a if possible. Option B would work as well. I have to run mine more like B, but I have my fresh air passive intake @ the lower opposite side of the room, and my Filter in the upper opposing corner. The less bends in ducting, pipe, etc, you are just reducing any pressure loss. Ideally, you want that cool air too pass through your lights to cool them, from any cool air you have entering the room. If your room is just warm, you are still exhausting that hot air. Even if you don't have the most ideal air cooling system (i.e. Air conditioner, open window with cool air) the hot/warm air needs to be vented out via fan, like you indicated with your drawing.

I do whatever Hampster Lewis does -- no matter how many times I am warned. :) Seems to be working fine so far.

A is great due to less bends which will reduced the amount of resistance. If you have a small space as I do 2x2x5 then B, if you have a large space A is key. IMO for an option C consider a 2nd inline fan dedicated to the light and the one you have is for exhausting. Its like diagram A but without the filter, this way there is even less resistance on the fan for better cooling of your lamp which will in turn keep your room cooler. The exhaust fan you can connect to a timer or 24/7. I think this is more efficient and shouldn't cost you that much more.

Latest posts

Back