White Russian -2 Weeks into Flower- *Weekly Photo Updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late update, have been running out of time while the lights are on lately. In hindsight, I think the 6 pm to 6am lights *on time would have ended up being more convenient then the 6am to 6 pm (like nature?) time frame, some days you just run out of time before you can get in the room.

The buds are all huge, the Lemon Skunk is far smaller then all the White Russians, and the L.A. Woman is garbage its pathetically small. The pics are from yesterday, and I can't take a macro worth a crap unless I buy a tripod, which I might. The blurry pic is the best of the fail, enjoy it but be sure and put on the 3-d glasses for the full effect. I know some of the really thick yellowing pistols and yellow leaf tips on sugar leaves end up looking like nanners in some of these half-assed shots, but they aren't.

I have been looking at sugar leaves from top colas with a 60x - 100x scope and it appears trich heads are still forming (translucent spikes scattered throughout) while the formed heads have a more cloudy then clear appearance. The plants have been flowering for 56+1 days, completition should be between now and 14 days, the latest journal I saw for the WR was 2 days shy of 10 weeks, 14 days from right now would be 10 weeks + 1 day.

The azamax arrived today, the bottle is extremely tiny, the size of a flask of whiskey you would keep in a boot if you are/into Willie Nelson. Not going to use it though, too close to harvest. Even though the product is OSRMI or whatever organically certed, won't it still be getting pumped into the flowers just before chop? Even if it isn't toxic or harmful, I have to assume the taste might get a little bunk, well I will.

The population of root aphids remains alive, its strength is unknown. The leaves of all the plants are indeed yellowing, but attributing it to root aphids and not late stage flowering makes it kinda ho-hum'able to dwell over. I am kinda eager to take these pots outside and rip up the rootball exposing the metropolis beneath and really surprise the **** out of their concept of reality up until that point. I want to see how gnarly the roots are also, did they feast or just dine? I see them, so I know they still are, little fuckers, as small as this period. <- root aphid

Quick smoke report on the hermie cut @ week 6, 2 weeks ago. It gets me crazy high, too high, tolerance perhaps because I have not smoked for 4 months. I had to get in my bathtub and stream netflix over my laptop to distract me from the fact my mind was blowing all over my face. It goes away after about an hour, and sometimes it is more chill, sometimes though I don't know, a collection of trichs that formed a union all get lit up at once in my bowl and I start having to take deep breaths in order to remain on planet Earth? Lightweight. My point is though, the final finished and cured product might be too much for me... at first. I was looking at the strain report and it has 22% THC, maybe thats too high for my personal preferance. My favorite strain up to this point was Voodoo, a Sativa dom. Probally 95% of the time I did not know what strain of weed was purchased/smoked, because most people don't ask that, or have an honest answer most likely. That Voodoo though a buddy grew, and it was so chill and enjoyable, it turns out its only 7% THC.

*On a side note I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D IMAX, and it was ok. They will do some badass things with 3-D in the future, zombie movies anyone?

More updates to come.

DSCF0745.JPG

DSCF0754.JPG

DSCF0758.JPG

DSCF0747.JPG

damn tact, those are really getting fat... nice pix too, i can see what that bud is lookin like now. you should go for the tripod man, you gotta document those beauties!
getting too high can be bad sometimes - take 'er easy man... but glad to hear that bud smacks! imagien what the full ripe bud will be like!

:dancing:Screw dem bugs.... BRING ON da nugz...:dancing:

:dancing:Dem bugs ain't holdin YOU down, YO!:dancing:

Ooh boy... it's really getting close now. Maybe we can take up a collection for a $15 tripod? Awsome grow bud... Yup... it's all tolerance, pal. You need to smoke more often to enjoy your weed without going completely into orbit when you do smoke.... Unless that's you thang.... :p

Keep on rockin'!:cool:

For whats its worth here are a few shots of the buds. I tried to photo the 'swollen' look of the calyxes, and the general 'ripeness' of the upper colas on the most 'glisteney' ladies. BTW these are macro shots with no tri-pod, if I braced myself against something I was able to get them even while doing my best Michael J. Fox impression.

I saw a single amber trich in the microscope today on one of these photographed ladies below, mostly cloudy, not much clear or so it seems, though some spikes still (which I thought are not quite formed trichs?), but mostly shroom shaped heads. Chopping day has got to be close. Might be chopping the tops of a few of the ladies shortly.

DSCF0761.JPG

DSCF0763.JPG

DSCF0765.JPG

DSCF0768.JPG

That's one bad azz smoke report there Tact.
I want me some of that....:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back