White widow Big bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commish21

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently got seeds for ww and bb from sensi seeds. I want to know if anyone knows what to expect and if there are any tips I should know about these two strains

namaste,
Comm

Like willowgrow said- expect good smoke.
What you get however depends on several things. Tell us about your grow plans and maybe we'll tell you more.
JK- but those are good strains and if you don't take care of their basic needs you'll be disappointed in your results.

"white" strains can be sensitive to nutes. i know my bubblelicious was, only in soil though. in coco could throw anything @ em. big bud was designed for the commercial op. i thought of big bud b4 & learned it was for comm. so kinda strayed away from, just like top 44. figured just end up w/ beasters. im probably wrong

I have a three by six room with two 600 hps's
8 five gallon pots filled with hydroton on a hydroponic recirculation table
gh nutes held at 5.5 ph

I wanna know about the yeilds and growth characteristics

Thanks

you will need string for the big bud. They usually triple in size when put into flower.

what about growth characteristics
What were you guys saying about the nutes?

Thanks

WW does not like pH drift or a lot of nutes. You will need to watch what you feed them or you will burn them up. The Big Bud will take anything you throw at them. WW is not very branchy, Big Bud is, and they both get rather tall.

i just started a soiless grow useing AB FERTILIZER it's from sacramento, it's a two part called SVA and SVB super nutrients, i plan on useing this on the white widow grow, I familiarized myself with it on purple erkle and it reads, the A N-P-K 1.5-0- 2.6 the B part is NPK 0.5- 0.5- 5.0, I hope it does as well with the ww as the other, anyway,I'm asking if anyone familiar with this brand and if the numbers look good for marijuana, i just know its gonna stink

I am not familiar with those nutes...sorry. I would love to know more about the erkle. My buddy gave me some of those beans from norcal. What does it look like, produce and taste?

Thanks

BuddyLuv said:
WW does not like pH drift or a lot of nutes. You will need to watch what you feed them or you will burn them up. The Big Bud will take anything you throw at them. WW is not very branchy, Big Bud is, and they both get rather tall.

Thanks man. Is it doable to grow both in the same system with the same nutes? I appreciate all the help

BuddyLuv said:
is the big buds yield and stone about the same as the ww?

commish21 said:
I am not familiar with those nutes...sorry. I would love to know more about the erkle. My buddy gave me some of those beans from norcal. What does it look like, produce and taste?

Thanks
Hey the Erkle I'm growin is almost bullet proof,its a easy grow and the smokes decent, i'll post a new pic of my mature plants in my album if you wanna look. i just put them under HPS so the pics look a little red.

Don't grow them to close to one another lol. That bigbud is a space hog but the smoke is SOOOOOO awesome. I love how mellow it is and the taste is amazing. The white widow can be a finicky plant to grow and if you are sharing reservoirs it will tap out before the big bud does as far as nutrients go. Good luck you got some great strains there.

commish21 said:
Thanks man. Is it doable to grow both in the same system with the same nutes? I appreciate all the help

Yes it is do-able. The only problem is that since you have to go easy on the nutes for the WW you will not see the full potential of the Big Bud. I had 6 Big Bud plants in my aero unit last time, one plant gave me 7 oz alone. I didn't even bother to weigh the others because they were just under that in size. However they were space hogs like stated and they were hard to maintain with supporting all the massive colas.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
is the big buds yield and stone about the same as the ww?
Polar opposites. The WW will get you super stoned is about average in yeild, the Big bud is average in stone but will give you a super yeild.

thanks guys...what kind of aero unit are you using? I have wanted to look into that.

What exactly did you mean by finicky?

have a great weekend guys!

It just doesn't like a lot of nutrients and you need to really watch your pH.

The WW I had would burn everytime I had my PPM's above 600 and my pH had to be around 5.8. Big Bud will not even be phased by 1600 PPM's and I have had my pH swing from 5.5-6.9 and they barely skipped a beat. I use an Aerojet 4 from Botanicare.

Latest posts

Back