Whos Up for a Micro fun grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lemon Jack. No, I am still just filling once a day, but I do have to do it every day. In moving to 12/12, nutrient uptake will probably go down a little bit for a couple of weeks and then I will probably be filling at least a couple of times a day. I truly will be surprised if I do not forget or have something happen and let it run out of water before it is done.

Hampster...do you use something to keep yours from falling over?..looks like she is going to be top heavey no dout...mojo for the flower

HempGodess...that is just amazing...do you forsee any issues comeing?

take care and be safe Everyone:bolt;:bong:

Update on mine flipped it 5 days ago starting to stretch finally watering once a day. Its looking good Im havin alot of fun so far out of it :)
micro.JPG

going to put mine into flower this weekend...... she has adjusted to her new home...... small as it is.

bong 092 (800 x 600).jpg

My Blueberry girl is still hanging in as she is holding her own. Unfortunately, she has stretched a bit as I don't have the best lighting conditions being in the "bloom room" with the other plants that I switched this week. I did a little supercropping on her and tied her down a bit last week to see how she would do. I am going to change her setup this weekend to make it a bit easier to feed and water, plus it will get her up into the light a little more. Here's today's pic. I will post the pic of the changes to the setup when finished. :)

BBmicro11-3-11.JPG

BBmicro11-3-11a.JPG

Everyone's lookin real good. Goddess that one you got is rockin. If it flowers as good as it is vegging, it'll be a bumper crop :)

A little update on my 2 micros. I found that my Lemon Skunk was leaking and empty but caught it in time before there was damage to the plant. Rather than repair it I just yanked it out and put it in my ebb and flow. The can was packed with roots. I really didnt have room for it anymore anyways. The Kandy Kush is looking good. Finally showing signs of flower. Pics soon.

4u2sm0ke said:
Hampster...do you use something to keep yours from falling over?..looks like she is going to be top heavey no dout...mojo for the flower

Not yet 4u but the time will be coming soon...she is starting to pack it on.
I am going to guess 22 grams dry...:) I think she cld do an ounce dry if I vegged a lil longer. It's like having a top cola in a can.

PB040073.jpgPB040074.jpg

HL ... That pic of yours tells me that Larry is going to do allright in a SOG setup. Thanks for sharing ;).

very nice Hammy...Mine is now 35 days in:D

HAve a Great weekend everyone

DSCF3114.JPG

DSCF3115.JPG

DSCF3117.JPG

4u2sm0ke said:
very nice Hammy...Mine is now 35 days in:D

HAve a Great weekend everyone
Thanks 4u...man your plant is budding up nicely.:hubba:

bho_expertz said:
HL ... That pic of yours tells me that Larry is going to do allright in a SOG setup. Thanks for sharing ;).

Thanks bho...interesting you say that. I am considering doing 2 gallon Smart pots with 3 Larry OG clones per pot. Might do 3 pots total and see how they do in a SOG set up. I want to know how much they wld yield. If they do well I might do one full tent of them....like 9 pots with 3 in each.

It looks manageble your thought. But i don't like the ideia of mixing roots but will grab a chair for sure when you do that ;).

The only bad thing about doing several plants in one pot is that if they are too close together, they seem to end up competing with each other for light. It's almost like they actively try to strangle each other out. I had some in the gro-lab that were in individual pots but in a hydro bed, and one ended up dying and another was getting weak while the stronger ones were growing like crazy as if to crowd out the weaker ones.

I kept having trouble with my "girl in a glass". It is growing well enough but I can't keep it watered enough before it drains it dry. So I modified the setup to have a rez that the "glass" sits in. :hubba:

I actually drilled holes in the "glass" so that I can top feed the plant from the rez and allow it to overflow back into the rez. Put my air stone, and a small pump in the rez, which holds 1 gallon of solution. Here's some pics of the process :cool:

microBBP11-6-11a.JPG

microBBP11-6-11b.JPG

microBBP11-6-11d.JPG

microBBP11-6-11c.JPG

microBBP11-6-11e.JPG

I think that a gal res is too large for this type of grow...I think for things to be fair, hydro growers need to keep their res capacity at 12 ozs or less. Part of the challenge of this type grow is the constant attention you need to give your plants because of the small pot (or res) size. I am filling every day. With a 1 gal res, I could go days and not worry about my little girl.....kind of defeats the purpose of the grow in my mind.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I figured since the plant is still contained within the glass, the rez is just automating the watering part of it. I am not allowed to keep it at my house, so I am not able to tend to it like I would like. I plan to add on to my utility building at my house. When I do that I will be able to make me a small grow closet where I can have my grow close to me and be able to tend to it everyday.

If there is any objection to my setup tho, I will back out of the contest. I don't want to break the whole spirit of the game by being unfair.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that a gal res is too large for this type of grow...I think for things to be fair, hydro growers need to keep their res capacity at 12 ozs or less. Part of the challenge of this type grow is the constant attention you need to give your plants because of the small pot (or res) size. I am filling every day. With a 1 gal res, I could go days and not worry about my little girl.....kind of defeats the purpose of the grow in my mind.

:aok:

well im def in once i get things rolling again..

and i agree.. on res size.. as i am a water farmer.. i know what ya can do with a small area and big res..
its like using a 6" net pot attached to a 3-5 gal pail..

LH

Sorry Guys. :( I guess I will have to bow out of this challenge as my current setup just doesn't allow for me to be able to access my stealth cabs constant enough to be able to maintain the micro grow in its previous state. Maybe by the next time we do a micro challenge, I will have my stealth cabs close enough to me to be able to stay with it. :(

Latest posts

Back