will this work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
200 watt CFL, in a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 area. I believe i have about 15k lumens with this. But is this setup right, just put it, had wrong lite before today? Do i have it too far from light. 2 plants are 2 months(had to cut fan leaves yellowing), 2 are one month old, and one is a regenerate plant. But all are about 6 inches away, i put my hand under it 3 inches and its kinda hot. See PIC

IMG_0545.JPG

Personaly I would lower the light till it is about 2-3 inches away from the highest plant. If you don't you will loose alot of light. Somebody jusy made a post recently that had an explaination of how much light is lost the further away you are from the source and CFL's are kind of medium to low in lumens anyway. Since CFL's don't get as hot as a MH or HPS you don't have to worry about radient heat from the bulbs burning the plants either.

The other reason would be that the further away the light is from the plant the more thier will be stretching between the nodes (or branches).

Hope that helps you,

Lil Elvis

Latest posts

Back