reveg question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evz355

evz355
Reaction score
hey all just wondering. i had a plant which i thought was going to be male so i put it outside to flower and i was going to collect pollen for some breeding but a couple of weeks later i saw that it was actually female so i put her back in my grow space back under 18/6. she has been under 18/6 now for about 6 weeks i would say and although she has not continued to flower there is still pistils pumping out like it is staring to flower and all the new leaves are coming out with 3 blades 4 blades 5 blades and it smells real good and its even got some trichs on the leaves is this normal. i am going to be switching my grow area to 12/12 very shortly so will she start and finish before the rest of my ladies or will it be the same as the rest of them. here is some pictures of what she looks like now 6 weeks after starting back on 18/6.

rise against 001.jpg

rise against 002.jpg

only one way to know for sure...flip her and count. so many different possibilities with genetics

Did it show for sure Male parts? if not why did ya think Male? My first thaught was Hermie too...But if ya dont know for sure it showed Male parts..I would say Late female..and ya have a Fat girl on ya hands comeing..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i thought i saw male parts but no they were not male parts. this is mango strain i started 3 seeds and two were a lot taller than the other one so i assumed they were so tall because they were male.any reason you think these will hermi it aint bag seed i bought the seeds from nl.

The only reason why I think there is a possibility of it turning hermie is the amount of stress it under went prior to reaching maturity. The less the light difference the less stress, so if you were having 16 hours of sun light then went back to 18 hours of indoor light with good generics you should have no problem.just my $0.02

oh ok well i better keep an eye on her when i flower cause she went from 18 to about 12 and back to 18 hours of light and i have another 7 ladies in my grow space

yeah watch her..sounds as though ya have a good Female on the lose...but as pcduck stated good genetics less hermie...Keep M GREEN:D

I do hope its NOT a Hermie ! But, going from 18 to 12, then back to 18 again in the same growing season is asking alot from the plant. All genetics aside......

mountain man said:
I do hope its NOT a Hermie ! But, going from 18 to 12, then back to 18 again in the same growing season is asking alot from the plant. All genetics aside......

:confused2: Is that not what re-vegging is all about? But instead of waiting to the end of harvest, a grower just does it sooner.

This summers outdoor grow of mine I had 3 plants that were in the window and budding prior to placing outside and having to "re-veg" with the increase of sun light. There hours of light went like this 24 to 12 to a slow increase to 18 back to a slow 12 hours. No hermies or nothing just a bunch of weird looking leaves where the buds were and these old bud sites/leaves died off first when the plants finished outdoors. This is just my experience from this summer, now maybe next summer it might be a different story and they may hermie, but I hope not.

sounds very similar to my situation and they are good genetics so maybe they will turn out sweet. They have showed me one thing though these mango plants have a super sweet smell i cant wait to try the smoke.

Latest posts

Back