why dose everyone say nice plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember a while back they had a thread like this one going,,,,,i do agree with most of what they saying about not insulting new growers and thier plants,,,,, now thats out ,,,, you musta not gone thru that many journals ive seen alot of threads of ppl letting new growers know that thier plants are stretching and ect

dude... sliderz..... don't take it serious with any experience growers.. like slowmo77.. and the rest of us...

look harder!! we are try to help you... look at mine.. I have nice colas but strenched too..bad strench,, so I cutted the top some of it... it will be bushy,
the way I look at your plant... its look nice.. just take look at mine.. strencher than yours!! give me insults thats fine... the more you learn the more you go around here... you will manage lot better with yours... IMO your plant look good.. my plants starting to look good.... nothing of that can happen if we didnt visit MP.com... think about it.... if you gonna act you know it all.. be that way.. be clean with us, learn, and learn from your experiences I have done hard with my bagseeds I swear!!

HippyInEngland said:
Was your first grow perfect from day 1 to harvest?

No it wasnt, no ones is.

Mine was. :p :giggle:

In all seriousness, I am glad to hear the newbies are getting positive feedback. Makes me proud. :) And there are polite ways to suggest new things that may bring better results.

Gives me all warm fuzzies to be part of such a group. :D

sliderz.

The posters in this thread are all regular posters, we came to your thread, we have sat and played with you, you took it well my friend, not a single one of us got short with you, and im pleased to see you never got short with any one of us.

You have joined a wonderful place, free from anger and aggravation, you will learn and share your knowledge with others, welcome to the forum :)

Yea I think its harsh sometimes as I have noticed things like this before and think Why??? but on the other hand, sometimes when i'm rather stoned I'll be browisng the forum but not really be capable of typing very much lol but I might come across something I wanna check back on and just write a couple of words so I can look back when i'm more sober :D

And yes I know I could just subscribe to threads but I prefer people to know I'm watching giving support and learning etc.

Thorn said:
Yea I think its harsh sometimes as I have noticed things like this before and think Why??? but on the other hand, sometimes when i'm rather stoned I'll be browisng the forum but not really be capable of typing very much lol but I might come across something I wanna check back on and just write a couple of words so I can look back when i'm more sober :D

And yes I know I could just subscribe to threads but I prefer people to know I'm watching giving support and learning etc.

Roll me 1 of whatever it is your smoking please Thorn :rofl:

HippyInEngland said:
sliderz.

The posters in this thread are all regular posters, we came to your thread, we have sat and played with you, you took it well my friend, not a single one of us got short with you, and im pleased to see you never got short with any one of us.

You have joined a wonderful place, free from anger and aggravation, you will learn and share your knowledge with others, welcome to the forum :)

thats right.:48:

Sliderz... yer plant looks like crap!... you tryna tell me that yer an experienced grower?... at what?... growing mold?... cuz it sure doesn't look yer all that good at growing weed... you got some serious probs there, bud... I certainly hope yer plant is only a few weeks old, cuz it looks pretty pathetic, IMO...

there... that wasn't very nice now, was it?... THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T SLAM OTHERS... how old r u?... don't u know how to be polite and civil?

hey man... I don't really think you've done anything wrong/bad... no plant is ever perfect... I've grown out multiple clones from the same donor plant all taken at the same time... and they've ALL turned out differently/grown at different rates/yielded differently/etc.

being part of this forum is for people to learn either directly or indirectly and to gain encouragement... everyone prefers encouragement over being shot down.

the point I'm trying to get across to you is that... as long as someone's plant is still alive and growing, they are doing a good job... it's not anyone's right to compare their plants to anyone else's cuz THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT... and experienced growers know this...

btw, bud... I DON'T think yer plant looks like crap... it is alive and growing, so you are doing a good job ;)

dude you need some smoke you sound a little stressed this has gone to far i never slamed any one only asked why people say nice plants ...any how wish i could share this spliff with you all you all sound like nice people and have good coments ges from now on ill just say nice plants but help em as much as i can and ive never said any ones plants are crap it was just a topic running in my head and thought id share with you all

<rant>

I agree with the original post. Hand holding and codling are destroying us. With the advent of PC bullcrap, and this there are no winners or losers just have fun mentality people are bringing their children up with is breeding a society that accepts mediocrity. I have no problem telling someone they are being an idiot, or doing something wrong, or whatever. I'm not intentially trying to hurt anyones feelings, I'm simply being blunt and straight forward as it is the best way to get a point across. If people aren't mature enough to remove their emotions from the equation that's their problem and I couldn't be bothered to deal with the whining and crying. I may come across as a **** sometimes but I assure you that is simply your emotions clouding your mind. Hard critisisim has made me what I am and been my drive to succeed and do better with each waking day.

My kids won't play on teams where they hand out participation medals to everyone. They will learn the value of hard work and the rewards that come with it. If you don't agree with me thats fine but my kids will be taking your kids lunch money lol. If you want a medal earn it. If you want to be good at something, practice. If you want to grow weed educate yourself. But don't cry when someone points out your short comings. Please I beg all of you feel free to point out mine. Massproducer and POTUS have both slammed me back into my place on occasion and I respect them for it. If I'm wrong tell me, but tell me why I'm wrong.

All in all I agree with the original statement that started this post. People need to grow up, toughen up, and realize that just because you are being criticized does not mean that person is out to get you or being a jerk. Maybe they are trying stop you from being a failure your entire life by telling you the plain and simple truth. Problem is people are lied to everyday, about how they look, how good there book report is, how they perform at work etc etc. And now they have come to expect it and are completely offended when someone simply points out the glaring truth. Its not that no one else can see it, its just few have the cajones to step up and say it.

whew....
</rant>

sliderz said:
dude you need some smoke you sound a little stressed this has gone to far i never slamed any one only asked why people say nice plants ...any how wish i could share this spliff with you all you all sound like nice people and have good coments ges from now on ill just say nice plants but help em as much as i can and ive never said any ones plants are crap it was just a topic running in my head and thought id share with you all

dude... YOU need to stop smoking up before you go posting in the forum so'z that you can understand and absorb what is written in posts... go back over my post and you will see that I never said you slammed anyone...

geez... why am I even bothering to try to explain things to you?

seems to me you got a chip on yer shoulder, and figure yer better than everyone else here... believe me... u ain't getting no compliments from me from now on... no matter how wonderful yer plant grows or yields... I choose not to associate with negative people, and all I get from you so far is that you are one of them.

to answer the question that is the title of yer thread... "why does everyone say nice plants?"... because we aren't nasty people like you....

TCVG I read both your last posts and they both carry negative tone. Don't you think you may be being a bit hypocritical? And it isn't true that everyone prefers encouragement over being "shot down". If by shot down you mean told the truth and criticized then I would prefer that to having my balls rubbed and told how amazing I am. (Trust me I'm well aware of how amazing I am I tell my wife all about it everyday lol :p )

You talk about being civil and polite and in the very same post fail to do just that. Don't go and get all uppity now I'm just pointing out the obvious. It's just hard to take a hypocrite seriously, for me anyways. I would much rather deal with a prick than with someone that will lie to my face with a smile any day. Call it personal preference I suppose.

hey crazy..come on now..we have come this far without bashing now...lets get it back to a friendly communication..lets all just smoke some of Thorns weed..

HippyInEngland said:
sliderz.

Well I didn't get a chance to tell him he is a **** yet ;) Its all good. We are here to encourage, learn, and educate; not criticize. Those in glass houses really shouldn't throw rocks. We are all here for each other. Grow on.

SmokinMom said:
Mine was. :p :giggle:

In all seriousness, I am glad to hear the newbies are getting positive feedback. Makes me proud. :) And there are polite ways to suggest new things that may bring better results.

Gives me all warm fuzzies to be part of such a group. :D

Mom hands down your avatar is SMOKIN ;)

People who need help ask.People who are showing off their grow are proud of it.
So you give encouragement along the way.If something is wrong and they're not getting desired results they'll learn.If they can't figure it out they'll ask for help.The best way to learn is to fail.
Now if they're talking about getting a QP out of 2 cfl's one should tell them the reality.But if they're just showing off their plants that's exactly what they're doing.
So if you're not gonna criticize then that leaves you two choices.Praise or ignore.A good grow is purely an opinion.So if they're happy I'm happy for them.
Plus you need to remember not everyone is trying to reach proffesional status.A first timer might just be trying to get one under his belt.A situation that you think isn't addequate might be fine for another person.Hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back