The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P Jam.. you are welcome to come to my area and help me set this up right :aok: lol :D

I did some trimming last night and I think the plants are where I'm going to leave them for this run. Hope to get 4+ off of each, and if all goes well I should have easily nailed that. :) I also ended one of my strains last night, due to me not entirely enjoying it now. It's a very sleepy strain, and burns up very fast. Light and airy, due to strain, as it grew like this all 3 times I ran it, with other strains next to them very very dense. I don't have room in my garden for fluffy big buds, I want dense big buds lol. :D

Still nice close nodes, healthy/green growth, large stalks, strong structure, minimal stretching.. with these LED's. So far I want to say "I'm loving them" but I need to reserve my thoughts still for a bit more.

As for the tent that was yellowing off, it was awesome and AMAZING to see green come back to leaves that were past 50% gone! They are bulking up a bit more, and seem to be attaining the density I was hoping for, so switching at 5 weeks into flowering from HPS to LED's hasn't seemed to effect these in an ill form at all. Matter of fact, it greened up the dying leaves and is giving me the density I was hoping for. We'll fully know about density in another 6 weeks though :D

Just wanted to update in here. Everything is cold the last couple days. Can not wait for winter to break now! Oh, I did a clone experiment as well. In the past, I've had poor clone rates, and in the last year I've been nearly 100% (awesome!).. but awhile back on my first attempts, after not getting any to take 3 different times, with batches of 10+ clones taken... I tried a method my mother used to do. I put the cut directly into a shot glass (clear) of water, that I did not change for 2 weeks, only added to. And then I put the cut in that and places under my flood and drain table for residual light. 2 weeks later, they threw roots out! So, this time, I place a bunch of cuttings in a red solo cup of water. This time, I did the cuts and dipped in clonex gel, so now the water is full of rooting hormone stuff. :D

Just an experiment, as I don't really need the clones. Last night, I killed off 10 clones. 3 from just rooted size, and 7 that were 10" or so tall. Always my saddest days when I have to kill off perfectly good females, in which I know the genetics are awesome... but when you don't have the room... meh!!!!

Just took measurements of my space, and I think when I frame out my room it will be framed to 8' x 10'. Thoughts? (PJ?)

How`s Doc this morning ? Sounds like the grow is going good after the switch to LED`s. Real good to hear. Glad I started out with LED`s, expensive, but worth it. Currently on my 7th grow with my LED`s, no problems, no complaints. Only want 2 more, but will compromise with the budget police on one. Still no go.

You looked into the fixtures I bought right? They're relatively quite cheap, but seem very good quality. With that said, it seems like even $20.00 more than needed would be too much right now, eh? :D

I'm doing great. Just trying to figure out how in the heck I'm going to build this room, and still keep things going. I'd have to move a LOT of things around in the room upstairs right now.

Also, I'm juggling the thought of getting my HPS packed up for sale. I assume there's a market for quality used gear? :)

Yeah Doc, I checked `em out . They seem like goods ones and I would think if PJ says good things about `em they should be good.

Yeah Doc, I checked `em out . They seem like goods ones and I would think if PJ says good things about `em they should be good.

Indeed :D

Dang, ever since going back hydro and getting these LED's.. I've been veryyyy much back into having a "passion"!! I'm wanting to go in there every moment, and love em to death, like when I first started. LOL

Now, the only thing in my sights is; Figure out how to build this new room and keep the tents going. Hmmmm, as Pooh Bear would say; "Think, think, think."

I missed the FedEx man today as me and the ol lady were both at work today, so no lights til Monday! I hate when that happens. On a side note they shipped and got here fast. Kudos to Mars hydro! I'm gonna be getting a lot of early Christmas presents this coming week. Can't wait to put it all together and let her rip! I'm gonna pop some seeds this weekend. I have afghan kush, Pakistani kush, Larry OG, skunk44, white widow, and white widow x big bud. Also have a freebie of purple power, but it's advertised as an OD strain only. Don't wanna risk it indoors! I'm gonna run four, I know I'm gonna run the skunk44. I had a banger out of that one hope I find another, what other should I run? Suggestions welcome!

I missed the FedEx man today as me and the ol lady were both at work today, so no lights til Monday! I hate when that happens. On a side note they shipped and got here fast. Kudos to Mars hydro! I'm gonna be getting a lot of early Christmas presents this coming week. Can't wait to put it all together and let her rip! I'm gonna pop some seeds this weekend. I have afghan kush, Pakistani kush, Larry OG, skunk44, white widow, and white widow x big bud. Also have a freebie of purple power, but it's advertised as an OD strain only. Don't wanna risk it indoors! I'm gonna run four, I know I'm gonna run the skunk44. I had a banger out of that one hope I find another, what other should I run? Suggestions welcome!

Bummer that you missed him I hate when that happens immensely! It's bound to always happen on a Friday too!! And yeah, their shipping is INSANELY quick, so so far (dealing with Sara etc) it's been a great experience as far as customer support goes, in the initial purchase.

Your line ups sound good, but let me tell you.. don't let an "outdoor only" strain freak you out. If you grow it with good training, it will work just fine indoors! I was wary at first with this Dinafem - Cheese, that I'm still running. Posted as "outdoor only", but I gave it a shot and I'm sure glad that I did!

Larry OG is a no brainer, so go with that one. Also, I would do the Widow X BB cross, as I did enjoy my NL X BB auto that I ran once. I don't mess with autos anymore, but it was a quality plant for sure.

Thanks for stopping in, and come on back tonight for updated pics! I have a lot of them :D

Thoughts? (PJ?)

on 8x10? TBH I have no idea what your goals are? For those 8 lights you have sure. I would do two rows at each side 2x8 with a aisle in the middle to walk in.

For me 8 x 10 is right at the do I or do I not run CO2 spot. I'd say most likely not as you can turn a room that size with minimal cooling and venting with a 6" fan.

The question is a bit general.

Looks like those plants that I said would go green went green huh?
:48:

What a great example of how much better plants respond to LED over HID.

Latest posts

Back