12 count-16oz party cup SOG. 250Watt HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richy-B said:
Don't want to be an a** or anything but sea-of-green doesn't really finish. You always have more coming in to the grow space while you have harvesting ones coming out.;) Non-stop bud production!:D

hey no problem :eek: learn something new every day :tokie:

Richy-B said:
Don't want to be an a** or anything but sea-of-green doesn't really finish. You always have more coming in to the grow space while you have harvesting ones coming out.;) Non-stop bud production!:D
??.. not necessarily true.. SOG doesn't "have" to be perpetual harvest, unless you so desire.
eg.. 20 clones all rooted and placed in flower at the same time, all finish at the same time. 20 more added...repeat...

Richy-B said:

I have never seen a SOG done as a perpetual grow. In fact, I read and studied quite a bit on both SOG and SCROG, but could never figure out how to adapt it to a perpetual grow--which is what I wanted.

Any info you could pass on to me about how to introduce new plants and harvest the old without disturbing the "screen" would be appreciated.

The Hemp Goddess

Thanks guys, and there will be an update here in a few...

We're watching my friend..anxiously waiting...Take care.

OK, so my baby's are about 5 days old now, and it seems they all are about even about 1.5" tall. I watered yesterday with PH adjusted water, a dab of Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Root 66, and Sugar Dady...I also checked the run off with my PH pen and it was about 6.5. I have had them all under my 250Watt Metal Halide 24-7 "no sleeping yet, for these baby's". I thought i would give them 2 weeks of 24/0 under the 250W MH and then flipping to 12/12 with the 250W HPS.... I have had to position a few fans, and run my a/c non stop to keep the temps around 70-75 but hay whatever works right! I am waiting for my next check to take care of ventilation... Do any of y'all have any suggestions? The grow is taking place in my Walk In Closet. I have cut a fresh air vent from my bedroom to the closet and a exhaust going to the intake box of the A/C, And i am also ordering 2 new 400W HPS with air cooled hoods. But i am unsure of what kind of inline fans to purchase, i see those vortex fans all over but what about the regular inline fans they sell at Home depot, will those work???? Thanks guys.... Any questions, or suggestions just throw them this way!!

01206969915256000000102398_0.jpg

01206970027434000000102398_0.jpg

they look great, maybe a little stretched, can you get the light lower?

Well i have the 250w MH about 13-14" from the tops.

I just think they are really fast growers, it only took them a day or two from seed to get where they are now...

oh and i use the 4 inch inline fan from home depot in my nursery...i think its rated at 80 cfm, for exhausting, it's good for that but if i put it on a scrubber or had to many bends in the flex duct it would slow down too much to be effective, the motor isnt strong enough to handle that

heres the fan thats hooked up to a scrubber and an air cooled hood
hXXp://nationalgardenwholesale.com/ngw/gardening_supplies.aspx?request=ECO_PLUS_INLINE_FANS&title=Fans%20/%20Blowers%20/%20Ducting&type=product

Hay thats a nice website.. Thanks.. But the inline fan i was going to get was a few 8" 500CFM inline fans. And get some 8>6 reducers and run 6" duct threw a scrubber at the top of the room, then threw my reflector, then threw my exhaust...

Just to answer your inline fan question. I bought the same 8 inch inline fan and just made reducers because they are stupid expensive. All in all if its just the fan and maybe your hood you might be ok but as far as I'm concerned I wish I would have spent the money on a better one because that 8 inch inline just isn't cutting it. The motor really dies on you when you put a bend in the ducting and forget hooking up an air scrubber.

Dang, thats what i was thinking. Im mostlikely going to spend the extra dogh and get a couple 6" vortex's...

yeah, i forgot the size of your grow area, but just the low end eco-plus 4 inch vortex type fan is more than adequate for my closet.....they sound a bit like a jet engine starting up so if sound is a factor...mine is in the attic on a piece of plywood between the rafters on some dense foam padding and though it isn't noisy you can sense it.....outside the house it sounds like the dryer is always on...they sell baffles to keep the noise down also

Really, the sound is that load. I kinda wanted something quit but beggers cant be choosers... Do you have any pics of your set up?

yes i do....i can pull them from a different forum and paste them here.....it will take a lil while to find em so give me some time. some people suspend them with rubber tie downs...i dont have any vibration sounds, it's all air sounds of it blowing thru the ducts......they move some serious air thats why i was saying one 4 inch will probably do the trick for you......ill get back to you on the pics but i will explain how i have it setup first
air goes through hood/reflector, up a 6 inch duct to the ceiling of my room to some more 6 inch duct to a reducer to 4 inches into the fan thru the fan and into a carbon scrubber then into my attic space...like i was saying, from outside the house it sounds like a clothes dryer going

So do you have some sort of inline carbon filter? I was going to build a couple of 4" inner diamer ones..... But my idea is to have a scrubber in the miidle-top of the room and have a 4" duck going from the scrubber to a 4>6 reducer threw the hood then back down to 6>4 threw my other hood then threw my exhoust..... And for intake, i have a fresh air vent to my room and have a 4" vortex ******* the air threw the vent then y it to each room.... I have a pic of a mock up....

Illistration....jpg

hahahaha whoa.....hey i went to that other forum...they lost their picture albums and i started sifting through 2 and half years of posts i made looking.....it will be easier for me to take pix...my big girls wake up in about 15 minutes, i'll take some new pix...i have a passive intake...the one fan does it all

Latest posts

Back