1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with osbourne, I think it's a nanner bro! That first NYC diesel looks a little fox-tailish... What up with that! YUCK!!! At least you gotta better pheno, take clones I hope!?:confused:

Gixxerman420 said:
I'm with osbourne, I think it's a nanner bro! That first NYC diesel looks a little fox-tailish... What up with that! YUCK!!! At least you gotta better pheno, take clones I hope!?:confused:

Yea I have 3 clones of the good diesel pheno in veg, they are all about 12-14 inches tall. The ugly diesel I am chalking up to a bad pheno. Brilliant parents can produce (to put it nicely) "less than brilliant" children so I guess seeds are no different. The way I see it there are 4 possibilities here.

#1 This is a late showing female flower/calyx.

#2 It is a male flower on a genetically hermie plant and I will curse it's existence until it begs for death

#3 3 days ago when the repairmen showed up in my house the light schedule was messed up. It was going normal 12/12 for over 7 weeks then after 12 hours of darkness one night it then went (because of repairmen): 3 hours light, 6 hours darkness, 3 hours light, then 12 hours of darkness again. The next day the repairmen were back for a few hours again and the lights were out. To put it more simply, I had two days in a row where the lights were shut off for a few hours or more in the middle of the "day" for the plants. I doubt I am seeing male flowers 3 days after light stress, but I have to admit that hermie is a possibility.

#4 I screwed up the grow nutes where I took away the grow nute for one feeding thinking it was time to stop using it, and then put the grow nute back in next feeding and this is casuing the abnormal growth.

Time will tell :) Even if it is a male nanner I only see one and the plants are less than two weeks from harvest. This NYC Diesel could be even closer I am seeing cloudy trichs. So harvest is soon, doubtful there is any chance of pollination and seeding if they are male flowers.

I do appreciate all the help though! This is why I wanted to do the journal (mentioned in first post)!!!! I know what I am doing with the Sensi Stars but since I grew only them for the last couple years trying to learn a new strain now is like trying to learn a foreign language.

-SSF-

I am really sorry Sensi. Where was that from originally?
I guess the good news is you have other plants. still sucks.

It was probably from the light schedule mishap...

I hope its not genetic!

Hi all,
Between my two jobs I have had to work 63 hours in the last 4 days. I am sorry I have not put up any pictures, I will try to get some up tomorrow. The NYC Diesel that showed nanners is hanging and drying. The other 4 plants are still going strong though. Between work and the half hour a night I allow myself the pleasure of smoking a bong load and watching tv I have been doing nothing other than sleeping.

-SSF-

I hope it calms for you soon and you can relax a bit, my friend!! No worries on pics, you'll load them when you can!! Here, :48: take a break!!!

I hear ya about being worked to the bone. I don't see the weekend getting any slower. Take time to relax SSF.

So the NYC Diesel that showed nanners has finished drying. Unlike most people here I hang my plants to dry without trimming any leaves. Here are a couple pics of the NYC Diesel plant after it dried and I am about to trim. The first pic is the plant on top of a flattened shoe box. I cut 4 of the larger branches off and hung them seperately, this is the rest of the plant with a closeup of the cola. Please excuse me, I need to spend the next hour or two trimming :) Too bad this plant/bud was premature, it would have looked a lot better. With all honesty, these pics/buds look like a pile of poo next to what the Sensi Stars look like when done.
4-16 008.JPG 4-16 014.JPG

-SSF-

Wow, the NYC Diesel has an amazing taste. The other female NYC Diesel I have that was grown from seed is a different pheno and has not shown nanners so she is still flowering. She does not look nearly as nice as this pheno that showed nanners and just finished drying. This plant while growing had a typical "diesel" smell, like gasoline/fuel. The description from the seedbank said the plants smell like grapefruit. I was never able to smell grapefruit though I did catch hints of what I would describe as a "fruity" smell.
But, I just smoked the first bowl of this bud now that it has dried and as soon as I hit it I said to myself, "Wow that tastes just like grapefruit". So I never really noticed a grapefruit smell but the taste was a definite combination of "diesel" and "grapefruit". Even though it was cut roughly 10 days early (Day #60 of 70) it is still packing a good head buzz.

The one bud on the plant where I painted on pollen with a Q-tip to try a cross produced about 30 seeds. Even though the plant was harvested 10 days early the seeds still look mature and viable. Time will tell if they actually germ.
seeds 002.JPG seeds 005.JPG

-SSF-

Here are a couple close-ups of the non-seeded buds from the NYC Diesel. Not bad considering she is 10 days premature.

4-16 018.JPG 4-16 019.JPG 4-16 024.JPG

-SSF-

thanks Roddy and BHO!
I have 5 days until the rest of the plants are harvested. I will try to get more pics up soon.

-SSF-

hey sensi looking good man are you going to use the seeds b/c they have hermi genetic in them i know you pollenated with good male pollen LOL
but you pollenated a hermi, some seed's will hermi some might not

That sux about the hermy SSF. But it looks like some good smoke... plus i love any grapefruit flavored weed.

fruity86 said:
hey sensi looking good man are you going to use the seeds b/c they have hermi genetic in them i know you pollenated with good male pollen LOL
but you pollenated a hermi, some seed's will hermi some might not

Well that is something I am unsure about actually. I painted pollen on this female plant 3 weeks into flower. The plant started throwing nanners after 8 weeks. If it was stress and my mistakes that made the nanners show up would the seeds still be ok? In other words if the seeds were made from a true male's pollen and this plant is a true female but is only showing nanners now because I had to mess with the light schedule, would the seeds be ok?

Regardless I would not be germinating the beans anytime soon. I am growing out some Original Sour Diesel and some Hashberry right now and I also have all of the freebie seeds I got with attitude's promo.

-SSF-

Latest posts

Back