2nd day of flower, plz help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
Hey I started flower 2 days ago and i was checking my babies out and the roots are already coming out the pots. I just transplanted them less than 2 weeks ago into 3 gallon pots. The tallest is a foot tall, but i wanted to finish them in these pots. The strain is northern lights(supposedly-got em thu a friend), and they are 4-5 weeks old. I know it will prolly take 8 weeks to finish, so with the roots already coming through drain holes in pots will it be ok for the duration. I dont want to transplant again, especially during flower. Please give me some feedback .

Just leave it, it will stunt it's growth but they will always out grow their pots. try trimming the roots slowly. If you do it too fast it will shock the plant.

Would you rather repot after two days of flower or after 4 weeks of flower. I'd do it now. You shouldn't shock it much if any if you do it before it gets rootbound.

I thought alot of people use 3 gallon pots till the end. My plants are only 8-12 inches tall, shouldnt they have plenty of room? Any other opinions Im hoping they will be okay.

Well i can tell ya this, my plant is around 2 1/2 feet to three feet tall now near the end of flower, also in a three gallon pot. I noticed these last couple weeks that the growth has slowed and i am almost certain that it is because she is root bound. I also was worried about the pot being to small and decided it would be fine, i dont believe it was, lol. I will let ya know in a week or so when i harvest, but i am sure the roots will be packed in that pot. And dont forget, flowering plants can get up to three times the size of when they were starting flower. Imagine how much larger the roots can grow.

Thanks master, how tall were they when you started flower? Im in 2nd day and 1 is already coming out pot, 8 weeks to go.:eek: Do you know if being rootbound affects yield and potency? I would amagine it could huh.

Latest posts

Back