5th season... 1st journal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gixxerman-

IMO it's a little early to be using any nutes. What are they, about 2 1/2 weeks old? Still too young for nutes.

Wouldn't concern myself with slight discoloration on one leaf on one plant at this stage. It is certainly not any nute burn I've seen (and I'm the king of nute burn).

Give it another day or 2 and see if it changes.

BBFan said:
Gixxerman-

IMO it's a little early to be using any nutes. What are they, about 2 1/2 weeks old? Still too young for nutes.

Wouldn't concern myself with slight discoloration on one leaf on one plant at this stage. It is certainly not any nute burn I've seen (and I'm the king of nute burn).

Give it another day or 2 and see if it changes.
okay, the only thing is that I mixed a small portion, (maybe 30%) of some old "no good" potting soil and I was concerned about the amount of N available in the soil... I have already fed these ladies twice, but only with a tsp. of FF big grow in a gal. concentration... Very light feedings, 7 days apart! I hope to get these ladies used to a little nutrients because I want to veg them as quickly as possible... I am only waiting until they start alternating and then I'll do the switch to flower... Want them as big as possible by then! Any suggestions?

MosesPMG said:
Ive been told nute burn starts at the tips of leaves, not in the middle, so idk if its nute burn? you using full strength?
only other thing I can think of are lights are too close?
Sorry im not anywhere near an expert :confused: hope I helped
Was helpful, I actually moved the lights up a bit yesterday evening... I am not using a full strength feeding no.. just a tsp. of FF grow big to a gal. water concentration... (instructions for seedling feedings on bottle)

hmm im using FF also, big bloom and tiger bloom. It might be slight nute burn because mine did something similar.
Do you know the ph of the water?

MosesPMG said:
hmm im using FF also, big bloom and tiger bloom. It might be slight nute burn because mine did something similar.
Do you know the ph of the water?
no, but I'm using my tap water which I have used for the last four seasons... I'm thinking a slight N surplus... It looks similar to the chart on the sick plant sticky... Which amazingly confirms my suspicions... I'm usually proven wrong:rofl: I filter my water through a brita filter... I know this does nothing for pH, but has never been an issue, and has always done fine in the past! No reason to fix something that's not broken; not sure what I'm taking out of the water by filtering it, or if it helps at all... But have always done it this way and will continue to so long as I don't hear differently! It's a bit of a pain this season because my garden is in a new location and not here with me! I have to tote water almost every day to keep them from drying out or having to use the new site's water! Not sure there's a difference between our waters (not far away) but not taking any chances either!

alright well If its a surplus just water with regular water or even try and flush the soil some if its severe? see if it helps or not.
Just trying process-of-elimination :D

MosesPMG said:
alright well If its a surplus just water with regular water or even try and flush the soil some if its severe? see if it helps or not.
Just trying process-of-elimination :D
yeah, I watered her fairly heavily; until I saw runoff! I figure this will be suitable, she's not that bad , no worse today so not terribly concerned anymore. I'm pretty sure we got it figured out! thanks a ton! I'll hit you with some rep for the info Moses!

Thanks Gixxer, Im glad they are doing better :aok:

Okay! Went over this evening to visit the girls.. Daily ritual you know! "Looking fabulous darling!":D Got a few new pictures... I need to slow up on the photos or this thread is going to be 8 miles long by the time I harvest!:rofl: They're just doing so well and I'm excited because it's been 18 months since my last harvest! So with further adieu, the ladies!:watchplant: :yay:
Sugar Black Rose.jpg
Sugar Black Rose... Looking good with another set of fans and branches about an inch long from the first node!
Papaya.jpg
Same Papaya as yesterday, for comparison!
WWxBB.jpg
Although funky looking, pinching the top fans out of the way of the first node seemed to pay off for WWxBB... See her little branchies?:hubba:I'll give a couple of days to recoup a little more and cut the center out of her... Then in a few nodes, top her two branches so that they shoot out away from the center of the plant. Then a couple more nodes I'll top again so that they shoot in towards the center... I won't be budding her like this so I'm not terribly concerned about the weight... I'll be taking eight clones and the probably keeping her for a mother... We'll see!
the lot - WWxBB.jpg
This is all of them minus WWxBB, Nice little garden I'd say!
four fav... now.jpg
My four favorite, aesthetically speaking! For now!:rofl:

I love the whole grow process, more so than smoking the finished product I think! :confused: Maybe That's a close call! :D

wow new growth looks healthy and green!
Mojo to keep it goin :D

MosesPMG said:
wow new growth looks healthy and green!
Mojo to keep it goin :D
Yeah looking good! Thx Mose... The one is still a bit on the green side, but the burn is no worse this evening than it was yesterday... May be wishful thinking, but even seems a slightly lighter shade of green today! Either way, these ladies are growing like crazy, I had thought that Monday was 2 weeks, but they didn't break ground until the 24th; that makes tomorrow 2 weeks! Going strong, two feedings under her belt! That means I fed her on day four instead of eight! Idk where I got an extra 4 days from:joint::afroweed: May have been abducted by aliens!:rofl:

Looking good for sure. Mojo your way!! :48:

Happy growing ~ Cali

Cali*Style said:
Looking good for sure. Mojo your way!! :48:

Happy growing ~ Cali
thanx again guys for the love! I love this site, there is real fellowship here! Well, I finally found a program that could "see" the pictures on my digital photo album... Here we go with last years ICE mother and some of her finer bud shots! All of these were taken on day 48 of flowering, My computer at the time crashed and I couldn't save any other pictures of her... I have one of me holding her, but not uploading it for obvious reasons!
View attachment day 48-1.bmpView attachment day 48-5.bmp
View attachment HPIM9729.bmpView attachment HPIM9739.bmp
View attachment HPIM9736.bmp

So today is two weeks (technically yesterday because it's 2 am) and I decided to prune the girl's first two sets of fans off... I am hoping that the branches will stretch a little to get out fro underneath the other leaves still present above them. I also decided to go ahead and take out the center growth of WWxBB so that healing could start, I want to get her split again in about a week I think... Depends on her size and which direction the top node is in. I would like to catch her shooting away from (kind of parallel with really) the center of the plant, so that when I top again on the next node, I'll have four shoots toward the center, and four out from the center. Got some individual pruning shots, a collective, and the leafs that were sacrificed for the sake of bigger buds!:D
0310111857.jpg0310111858.jpg
A side and top view of Sugar Black Rose, she is by far the most vigorous of the ladies and is aesthetically my favorite right now!
0310111859.jpg
Collective shot after pruning...
0310111859a.jpg
WWxBB after removal of the center growth.. Looks funny but will pay off I'll bet!:D
0310111900.jpg
Northern lights blue I believe, maybe papaya idk... Seems to be stretching a little more than the others so I'm guess NLB... Having three papaya and only one NLB, this being the only plant this stretched... Although NLB is 100% indica and we all know indicas are shorties!:D not much else to say about today, nice weight on my pots so I didn't water, I have been lightly misting the top soil once a day in an effort to keep the fans from blowing dirt everywhere! I ordered 10 5 gal. smart pots and a 4' 6 bulb T5 set up this morning on eBay from HTGSupply. The add baosted 30,000 lumens from 324 watts; which is 4,800 more lumens and 40 less watts than I'm running with 14 26watt CFL's. This presents a comparison of 92.6 lumens per watt for T5, 69.2 lumens per watt for CFL, and less heat with T5 operation... Plus my favorite quality, ONE CORD FOR VEG LIGHTING YAY!!!:rofl:

woah I dont know if Ive ever seen a plant without the central growth :shocked: does that do anything more than just topping it? or is that just considered extreme topping?

MosesPMG said:
woah I dont know if Ive ever seen a plant without the central growth :shocked: does that do anything more than just topping it? or is that just considered extreme topping?
I'd say like topping it... The plant only grow to the second node and stopped, it had stretched like an inch and a half... I was concerned that the leaves in the center growth were using nutrients better suited for a part of the plant that was actually going to grow... Never seen a seedling act like this bu the fans on the branches are messed up to... Maybe something happened during germination that damaged the growth tip? either way, I hope it's not a sign of bad or damaged genetics, I'm going to veg her out for clones. I was particularly excited about this strain because being a cross of white widow and the hash plant big bud, it guaranteed big yields of potent indica dominant marijuana... Great for my back pain, and my pockets! I'm tired of being considered a criminal when all I'm doing is trying to maintain safe access to this medicinal herb. Anywayz, I hope to top her two more times and take the resulting eight shoots as clones... I'll have a tentful of WWxBB then!:D:cool:

Hi Gixxer, great job on last year's ICE grow, looks like it was a fun one :)

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Hi Gixxer, great job on last year's ICE grow, looks like it was a fun one :)

-SSF-
that **** was the ****!!! :rofl: I did have a great season last year! She was nute burnt early on, but as you can tell, pulled out of it beautifully! Best pot I ever smoked; great for pain too!It was of course my first run with good genetics, and was also my first "catastrophe" free season... Good quantity; great quality! Would suggest to even the most novice of growers, once I had the nutes dialed in, she pumped out clones for almost a year and flowered out nicely! I don't know if you can tell really in the photo, but I managed to fimm this one and get four main colas! They weren't the longest buds in the world, but between the four of them weighed in at just over one and a quarter ounces! I got two and a quarter ounce off this plant... Not the greatest, but my personal best so far!~ I had a sativa dominant bag seed for my first grow, only 70 watt security style HPS, and no ventilation! I only yielded 16 grams off of a 5 1/2' plant! Stretchy Magee I called her! She turned out to be shemale though and the smoke was terrible!:rofl: learn as we go I guess!

Latest posts

Back