a first time for everything!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darocsfinest1

Reaction score
10032011006.jpg

10032011009.jpg

10032011011.jpg

10032011014.jpg

hey ywhats up MP, im just starting out and i cant wait to get my light so i can start for real. curently i have have my tent 3'2'6' ft with just some regular 60w bulbs. i used these to germinate the seeds. now a couple seeds have germinated that where planted on sept. 29, its oct. 2 and i have live pics attached. 1 of the plants is Samsara Seeds Supersonic Cristal Storm Automatic which has just pop'd out the ground and de shelled. the 2nd one is a mystery given to me by a friend. once the 400w grow light gets here on thurs. the 6th i will be germinating Samsara Seeds El Alquimista, Sweet Seeds Ice Cool, and Advanced Seeds Kaya 47(all feminized and bought from attitude seeds).:icon_smile:

i guess my first questioned is will it harm the final plant if i use noemal lhouse hold 60w bulbs to germinate and can i grow a automatic plant with just 2 household 60w bulbs?

No chance!

You may get them to germ (they really don't need light to germ anyway), but growing a plant means real light....even for an auto.

No, you are not going to be able to grow anything with incandescent lights. You didn't actually use the lights to germinate your seeds as seeds do not need light to germinate.

Is the 400W a HPS? You are going to need some ventilation.

Where did you get your seeds? Are they all autos?

I wld hve waited till I hve my grow space dialed in at least a lil bit before popping any beans. You hve a lot of work and reading to do....running multiple strains is not always that easy. Different strains tend to hve different needs.
Good luck and read read read.....

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, you are not going to be able to grow anything with incandescent lights. You didn't actually use the lights to germinate your seeds as seeds do not need light to germinate.

Is the 400W a HPS? You are going to need some ventilation.

Where did you get your seeds? Are they all autos?

the 400w has 2 bulbs HPS & MH. from what i understand 1 bulb for flowering the other for veg..im just going to use normal desk fans, and the room that i have the tent up in has a window right next to the tent so im going to hook up the fans in the window to blow air in or hook up the ventalation to flow out the window. its pretty 60 degrees if im lucky til thanksgiving then winter in upstate ny starts. only the plant in the red cup is an auto, the other three are various seeds from various people.

i've been watching videos and reading up on this and everyone seems to do there own thing with great results. i hope i didnt start offf bad by planting the auto first, thinking i could use the bulbs pictured 10042011019.jpg 10042011018.jpg

here they are 24hrs later from my first post. looks like their doing great, i had to put them on books to get them closer to the light. dont want the stems to get to long.
10042011015.jpg

10042011016.jpg

Some ventilation helps to control the stretch. And you will onlty have 900lumensx4 bulbs = 3600lumens. That is not enough.

Good luck. Read some stickies ... Welcome :aok:

darocsfinest1 said:
i've been watching videos and reading up on this and everyone seems to do there own thing with great results. i hope i didnt start offf bad by planting the auto first, thinking i could use the bulbs pictured View attachment 177419 View attachment 177420

Those bulbs will work for a little while. See how the stem is elongated? That is from inadequate light. Keep the CFLs as close as you can without burning the plant. Bury the stems with more dirt if you can and get an oscillation fan blowing gently on them to help strengthen the stems.

You should not be using clear cups.

The plan you have for ventilation is not going to work. You are going to need a centrifuge type fan and a proper exhaust if you want to keep it cool enough in your tent not to fry your plants. In addition, they need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

darocsfinest1 said:
i've been watching videos and reading up on this and everyone seems to do there own thing with great results. i hope i didnt start offf bad by planting the auto first, thinking i could use the bulbs pictured View attachment 177419 View attachment 177420

Nooooooooo........lol

Those might get you a stretched out gal, but you're needing much more light if you want to get serious!

PuffinNugs said:
lol i remeber trying to grow like 18 years ago with a normal household bulb. all that happened is the stem streted so much it fell over and died. never got past that first colydon. and not to metion the heat that comes off them. kids ;)

i wouldnt have started them until you had all the equipment

yeah, ur right but i needed to be sure that i knew how to germinate seeds. i tried 3 different methods and they all work. the seeds where from friend so i dont know what type of bud it is and the auto was a free seed from seeds that i did buy and will plant when the light system comes.

Until your light gets here I would recomend you start reading. . . .alot. It looks like you got lots to learn and this is a great place to do it. I learned everything I know right here. There are loads of stickies here that contain much of what you need to know about lighting,ventilation and other factors that contribute to growing this magnificent plant :). Good luck.

i've been reading alot of post on this site includings 'ham lews' 1st journal and a couple of 'da goddesses' links(shout out 2 them). i also watched the ready set go video and read the how to grow weed guide on this site. if you would like to recommend any threads that you think i should read, i would be happy to view them.:icon_smile:

All the stickies on growing, curing etc, the nute study sticky....about all stickies is a good start!

i finally got my light system 2day:D , but the issue now r the yo yo hangers i cant get them to keep the lamp low next to the plants. does anybody know ho to keep the hangers in 1 spot.

Those hangers suck....I use Pro Grip. You twist the thingy to tighten and loosen tension to keep the lights in place. I hat those things.

pro_grip.jpg

im unable to load the photos of my setup, its giving me the 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' error when i click the upload button. i'll keep trying to load the photos of my set up. but i ended up just keeping it hood and using 2 ties to hold the light in place.

I recommend keeping your light stationary (this simplifies ventilation) and raising your plants instead. You generally need to raise or lower some of them anyway to keep an even canopy. I have a large assortment of buckets, milk crates, and boxes to raise my plants as needed.

Latest posts

Back