Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day later šŸ˜­

Attachments

• IMG_4104.jpeg
    IMG_4104.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Such a good read for me this morning. Thanks for taking the time to wack it out in the keyboard. Iā€™m a new grower first grow chose feminized seeds with great outcome 2nd grow was clones from the first grow. They are in the tent flowering now about week 5. I didnā€™t like the clones as much as the plants are not as pretty to me like the leaves are smaller but Iā€™m hoping the buds are needing up and I will have another successful grow. My third grow is started seedlings to a bit older juveniles added two extra strains giving me more choices but also all feminized. While shopping for my next strain I got to choose some free seeds and opted for the autos this time just to have them in my toolbox. I will refer to all your tips on growing when I start to grow them. Looking forward to your updates in the autos šŸ˜Ž
This is great and helpful.Thx man

Look hingr
Gave some Epsom yesterday 1t/b per ltr and some calmag at 0.8 , just gave a little more calmag and 2ml grow tonight šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ™. Thanks for you advice guys.
yea they look hungry if not can be pH you water to runoff ? I thought my plant was hungry turned out my pH wat really low because of the peat based soil I was using

Sir having trouble getting seeds topop
Any ideas float seeds for 16 hours in spring water then berween to cotton pads werred o. Top of towel wrapped plant warmer on a plate inside of plastic food stoage bag
Hey bro.... Read Jans post time and again, she does it EXACTLY as I do down to using the oven mit to keep things warm... seeds are designed to wake up when kept moist and above 55F simulating the ground is thawing out and spring rains have moved in.. 24hrs in cup, stir sink to bottom, damp paper towel and into baggie.. into oven mit and set on top of cable box... check in 2 days.. ready by 3 usually..
He carty, Iā€™m wondering if you could help with this deficiency. Had it with my last run as well and just canā€™t put my finger on the problem. I asked my grow buddies and said they canā€™t help as itā€™s autos. Ph in is 6-6.4 in and runoff is 6.5 feed once a week with biobizz at half strength, Iā€™m now on week 7. Ready to give up on the autos I think and give photo period a try.
Calmag for sure and the PH your running is for hydro, a big part of your problem.... soil runs neutral and btw, in 20yrs I've never checked my PH level.. not my water, not my run off, not my foods.... I fill water jugs and allow the lids to sit off for 2 days in between watering.. allows bad stuff to release like chlorine..

I use Calmag powder by Lotus.... I start at week 2 of veg @ half a tsp.. and 2wks later up it to a tsp/gal and run it like that weekly until week 7. Bigsur51 taught me this and it changed everything for me, plants are larger and no more spots on my leaf or necrosis.. my WW needed almost double calmag...

This Auto is also 7wks old from seed
GDP a.jpg

Hey bro.... Read Jans post time and again, she does it EXACTLY as I do down to using the oven mit to keep things warm... seeds are designed to wake up when kept moist and above 55F simulating the ground is thawing out and spring rains have moved in.. 24hrs in cup, stir sink to bottom, damp paper towel and into baggie.. into oven mit and set on top of cable box... check in 2 days.. ready by 3 usually..

Calmag for sure and the PH your running is for hydro, a big part of your problem.... soil runs neutral and btw, in 20yrs I've never checked my PH level.. not my water, not my run off, not my foods.... I fill water jugs and allow the lids to sit off for 2 days in between watering.. allows bad stuff to release like chlorine..

I use Calmag powder by Lotus.... I start at week 2 of veg @ half a tsp.. and 2wks later up it to a tsp/gal and run it like that weekly until week 7. Bigsur51 taught me this and it changed everything for me, plants are larger and no more spots on my leaf or necrosis.. my WW needed almost double calmag...

View attachment 352159
That is beautiful. I wish I could get my girls to look that good inside. Outside Im golden. Inside needs work. They look great early on then fizzle out in flower

View attachment 352159
Sheā€™s a belter bro šŸ”„. Ok Iā€™ll add more calmag from now on, so the ph from my tap is 7.8 when I make my feed it buffers to 6.4-6.5 so I only ph when Iā€™m watering only. Iā€™m going to give youā€™re thread another look as Iā€™m giving them one more chance, I have two amnesia and a strawberry/banana at two weeks tomorrow šŸ™šŸ¤žšŸ».

Sheā€™s a belter bro šŸ”„. Ok Iā€™ll add more calmag from now on, so the ph from my tap is 7.8 when I make my feed it buffers to 6.4-6.5 so I only ph when Iā€™m watering only. Iā€™m going to give youā€™re thread another look as Iā€™m giving them one more chance, I have two amnesia and a strawberry/banana at two weeks tomorrow šŸ™šŸ¤žšŸ».
Calmag was a big game changer for me.. I battled necrosis, you know, leaf spotting like it was bugs but it wasn't.. yellowing but no Nitrogen def... Bigsur kept saying, more calmag. Invest in a good one, powders go further so I went with Lotus brand...
I add it to a cup of warm water and let it dissolve really good....
IMG_20240124_204537.jpg

Hints by Carty: Never mix your foods together raw, some will actually kill off the other... I prefer to mix mine as follows. Fill milk jug halfway with tap water, mine has usually been sitting out for a few days as I rotate a few jugs out.... then, I mix my foods and not many... Foxfarm 3 part, silica, calmag on most feedings....

Mix these into your cup with water in it, pour into jug.... shake, top off jug and shake again, water plant...
I usually give my plants 1/3gal every other day feeding weekly... usually works out to every other...

Soil: Make ya or break ya right here people. If you cannot afford the now expensive formulas, or like me, HTG pulled out of my state.... then Miracle Grow makes a nice organic medium for container growing.... I
highly recommend adding a bag of perlite to keep it from clumping up.... I find I can feed on top of this without burning the plants too....

Fungi: Ever wonder why your root mass sucks... plants stunt a lot, unhealthy many times during grows..
Nature provides a goodness that forms in places like under decaying leaf material laying on the ground.. Mychorrizae Fungi is the beast maker here.... and what I start my plants off in is loaded with it..
Plant Starter Plus by Espoma... smells like a farm when you open it.... this stuff is like magic people.
NPK rating of 4-3-3 is perfect but, it's the other goodies in it you really want. I use it for veg and during up potting...

Mr. Carty Sir, it's hard for me to keep track. Which one is the above and how many days old is it?

Granddaddy Purple x 2 plants... these shots are from those 2.. Born Dec 18th, had to go look to page 42.. lol.
So we are looking at being just a few days away from the 60 day mark eh?

IMG_20240215_201659.jpg
IMG_20240215_201234.jpg
IMG_20240215_201857_1.jpg

GDP B
IMG_20240215_201202.jpg
IMG_20240215_201234.jpg
IMG_20240215_201736.jpg

Meanwhile the babies of the next run are just not hitting 2wks old as of today... after this I'll know how much to adjust my starting time of the next batch.. hoping for every 35 days, chop 3 to 4 plants..
IMG_20240215_200547.jpg

IMG_20240215_200121.jpg
IMG_20240215_200201.jpg

Scoped the plants this morning and was very surprised and happy to see about 20% Amber on the chunky GDP and the WW... so, they both came down at day #70. GDP B is still going although showing amber trichomes she could go another few days to allow her to mature just a little further..

I'll get ya some trimmed up shots soon.... hoping to have some seeds from the Beast Mode pollen I painted on the GDP... be nice to get a few with out beautiful she is....

Tonight I was busy up potting the last 2 vegging gals.... shoe string budget atm we had to save some $ and get whatever soil we could and she found some new stuff because all the Miracle Grow bags were super heavy like they were wet, this was not..
IMG_20240220_200936.jpg

so I'm here to show you done correctly the soil doesn't matter... and me, I prefer to add perlite to any soil I purchase and love the fat chunky perlite, but this is what I got so.... lol
IMG_20240220_201001.jpg

Here is the mix I used.... using a plastic cup holding about 2cups or less I mixed it as follows....
20 parts soil
5 parts perlite
1 part Espoma plant starter plus... not so much for the foods in the Espoma but all the beneficials ..
IMG_20240220_200904.jpg

You want to use perlite indoor and not vermiculite due to the safer breathing issues... vermiculite can be dangerous to your lungs if breathed in and like anything else it poofs up as you stir it in...

The last 2 vegging plants were up potted making it a total of 3... all the same age.. woohoooooo....
IMG_20240220_204253.jpg
IMG_20240220_204117.jpg
IMG_20240220_204102.jpg
IMG_20240220_203603.jpg

Tonight I was busy up potting the last 2 vegging gals.... shoe string budget atm we had to save some $ and get whatever soil we could and she found some new stuff because all the Miracle Grow bags were super heavy like they were wet, this was not..
View attachment 352510
so I'm here to show you done correctly the soil doesn't matter... and me, I prefer to add perlite to any soil I purchase and love the fat chunky perlite, but this is what I got so.... lol
View attachment 352511

Here is the mix I used.... using a plastic cup holding about 2cups or less I mixed it as follows....
20 parts soil
5 parts perlite
1 part Espoma plant starter plus... not so much for the foods in the Espoma but all the beneficials ..
View attachment 352512

You want to use perlite indoor and not vermiculite due to the safer breathing issues... vermiculite can be dangerous to your lungs if breathed in and like anything else it poofs up as you stir it in...

The last 2 vegging plants were up potted making it a total of 3... all the same age.. woohoooooo....
View attachment 352513View attachment 352514View attachment 352515View attachment 352516
Your plants always look so healthy

Thanks Jan.... I baby my girls...
Let's talk about watering, because this used to confuse me when I was getting started.. like on the days you feed if it takes 6 cups do you use all food cups or some water... hahaha... btw, all food baby..

Dry stressing.. if your not doing this your missing out on a technique that IMHO makes plants go a bit bonkers.
A. Get to know your planters and what they weight wet, and completely dry....so at just a light lifting of the pot you can FEEL it needs a drink..
B. Water only at lights on, this is when you plant will use it's most energy, probably why it rains a lot in the mornings in nature.. lol.
C. Feed weekly, keeping in mind if the soil your using already has foods in it.. especially if not using organics as the leaf tips will burn..
D. Begin using Calmag at week 2 of veg @ 1/2tsp per gallon of water, 2wks later go to a full teaspoon thru week 8 of it's life or 2wks before chop stop using it....

Many people over water or just keep the plants way to wet... always inspect your roots when up potting, this will tell you how good or bad a job your doing controlling your moisture.

Latest posts

Back