Auto's Done Carty's Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lays chips contain a bowel irritant and are particularly bad
You can make your own chips out of almost any veggie. My favs were zicchini. Thin slice then put them on parchment and 160-180F for few hours. The last hour dust them with whatever you want my fav was parmesan. The kind for pizza not the fresh stuff.

Microwave caught fire the other day... it was epic. A loyal seed customer had sent me a very big donation and was wondering how to put it to use.... he bought us a new Microwave. You know who you are Mr Monkey Man.. who has earned himself a lifetime support & sponsorship of CCC seeds.. Carty's Collective Crosses..
Yup, and she was a Lays chip girl. Actually her favorite is Snyders from her home town in KY... and rightfully so, first chip I've ever tasted that you can really taste the potato..

Jan, we are so into Zuchini's. and we actually have a dehydrator built into our convection oven.. mongo loves his homemade biscuits using pumpkin puree'..

Last edited:
Ever taste a strain you just cannot say enough good things about it.. Iced Latte is it for me.. the amazing
flavor is just incredible,
IMG_20240329_221511.jpg
IMG_20240329_221452.jpg

Green Punch is coming along just fine, another week or so.
IMG_20240329_221538.jpg
IMG_20240325_114813.jpg

Made a decision to try something I've always wanted to try SOG "Sea of Green".

7 of my 1gal pots with fem'd autos, lollipop them into single cola plants with no branching.... never done this, seen it done.. 7 different or what is the question...
I'll definitely be watching. Not to sure what your thinking but I'm all in..lol

I've got some ideas for my next auto grow. I did mess around with a photo in my current grow. The idea is to get a lot of energy into the main cola as well as spreading it out as far as I can get it. I think I'm going to do the same with a few autos and see how they respond.

I'll definitely be watching. Not to sure what your thinking but I'm all in..lol

I've got some ideas for my next auto grow. I did mess around with a photo in my current grow. The idea is to get a lot of energy into the main cola as well as spreading it out as far as I can get it. I think I'm going to do the same with a few autos and see how they respond.
They respond well....
IMG_20240401_224859.jpg

IMG_20240401_224820.jpg

IMG_20240401_224853.jpg

This is Maestro by Urban Legends... this is a Sativa dom 11wk Auto who just hit 8wks..

Green Punch.... now this one had not LST done to her.. (Low Stress Training) which is any type of tying down or manipulation of the plant that doesn't involve cutting her or removing any leaf material thus causing stress .... With Autos, try this.. Plant the seed offset from center into it's first home.. soon as it's large enough, tie it all the way over. One guy uses home made horseshoe shaped hold downs, picture a hoop from a croquet set but smaller.. just holds the plant bent over but can be moved... this makes all the lower shoots get light and take off making for an earlier even canopy..

Green Punch here I did some defoliation 2wks after she began preflower.... she grew in perfectly.
IMG_20240401_224441.jpg
IMG_20240401_224447.jpg
IMG_20240401_224507.jpg

SOG.. Sea of Green
The method of growing in single cola style plants, removing all side branching of any kind... so the plant concentrates all it's energies on only the main cola.. best example I've ever seen of this was on an episode of Cops. they were chasing this guy on foot, he jumps a fence and runs thru the guys backyard totally fu?king him over. Cops jump the fence, as they come around the corner of the shed. 4 rows of about 15 in each row all perfectly lollipop plants of single cola and like done.. he should of chopped the night before.. and of course, cop gets on his radio and reports the address..... that poor guy.

I find many growers confuse a few terms such as SOG, SCROG and Lattice growing...

I've seen so many growers list they are growing SCROG style only to see their plants growing straight up thru screen supports using it to spread the plant out while growing vertical still... this is just Lattice style growing...

SCROG: Screen of Green. began using chicken wire for it's 1" holes making for many areas to feed buds thru. In this style, you run like 2 plants in a screen 3ft x 6-8ft long. smaller is ok. Screen should be 18" above the tops of the pots. as the plants reach the screen you begin bending them horizontal and tying them into place while encircling the screen filling it in everywhere you can... when screen is 3/4 full, flip to 12/12 and finish filling it in during the next 2wks while the plant goes thru transition ...
At this point, I use a crochet' or knitting tool with the hook on the end, pulling each little budsite up and thru the 1" holes. (eventually switched to green plastic gardening fencing with larger squares)..
as the buds begin to grow upward, now you remove every single bit of growth beneath the screen.. increases air flow and all the plants energies go to bud production.

I ran AK47 this way for 2yrs and killed it. I was worried about plant #'s and this gave me a half lb off 2 plants.. It takes a bit longer but man what a beautiful site seeing a 2ft x 5ft screen of 6" buds.

Lattice Growing: Adding netting at mid plant to spread plant out and support her.. some add a 2nd net later doing this again on larger plants... many try to call this SCROG growing and it pisses me off when arguing with them, even show them photos... but keep on passing out bad info... ggrrrrrr... lol

Grabbed some ProMix at Walmart yesterday, to bad it's stored outdoors in the rain... so I have it in a kiddie pool in the spare bedroom drying out. then into a blue tub I use and mixed in a 8qrt bag of Perlite.. when done it was very loamy.
Tonight I'll be dropping 7 fem'd autos into water... will take the time to germinate the properly to avoid losses.. so into paper towels after to get some tails to sprout...
Into 1gal pots to stay... single cola lollipop style SOG..
stay tuned

Which color bag of promix did you get?
IMG_20240404_121435.jpg

It's not my bag baby.... isn't this your receipt sir, and a book says, this is my bag baby written by you... hmmmm? hahaha.

Well, it is Mongo approved
IMG_20240404_121456.jpg

It was 2cu ft for $19.50 and once I added an 8qrt bag of perlite to it, perfect...
IMG_20240404_121919.jpg
IMG_20240404_121939.jpg
IMG_20240404_122043.jpg

I mix my soil a few days before needed, prep my pots by washing them and then loading with soil so I can begin watering them in.. this way by the time I plant the seedling into it there's no chance of me watering and the seed sinking to deep as new soil settles.. always water in your new soil first... then plant.

Another find example of the works of Urban Legends like the Green Punch above is their Maestro strain.... and she'll go every bit of the recommended 11wks, here she is at 8wks..

now, I leaf stripped her a few weeks ago and again today, way to much leaf to bud ratio on her but looks to be well worth it.
IMG_20240406_095952.jpg
IMG_20240406_100035.jpg

After trimming all this off
IMG_20240406_105417.jpg

After the trimming
IMG_20240406_104349.jpg
IMG_20240406_104330.jpg

View attachment 354696
It's not my bag baby.... isn't this your receipt sir, and a book says, this is my bag baby written by you... hmmmm? hahaha.

Well, it is Mongo approved
View attachment 354695

It was 2cu ft for $19.50 and once I added an 8qrt bag of perlite to it, perfect...
View attachment 354697View attachment 354698View attachment 354699

I mix my soil a few days before needed, prep my pots by washing them and then loading with soil so I can begin watering them in.. this way by the time I plant the seedling into it there's no chance of me watering and the seed sinking to deep as new soil settles.. always water in your new soil first... then plant.
Good to know I do not do that but I will start. Thanks for the tip

Latest posts

Back