AZshwagg's First Grow!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's the new home it has:

- (2) CPU Fans pushing 146.6 CFM
- (2) 6' fans on each side ( one of them not shown was defective)
- (2) Florex 65 Watt CFL lights (The other one still being shipped)
- Still waiting on the Mylar to come in the mail.

Another thing I got to improve my crop is I went and got a PH Pen to adjust all the nutes and watering.

2005_0430updates0013.JPG

2005_0430updates0014.JPG

2005_0430updates0016.JPG

2005_0430updates0012.JPG

AZshwagg said:
So here's the new home it has:

- (2) CPU Fans pushing 146.6 CFM
- (2) 6' fans on each side ( one of them not shown was defective)
- (2) Florex 65 Watt CFL lights (The other one still being shipped)
- Still waiting on the Mylar to come in the mail.

Another thing I got to improve my crop is I went and got a PH Pen to adjust all the nutes and watering.

What amount of lumens do each of those lights produce?

It's a very nice, and well designed unit man. Your cpu fans are pushing air into the box and you have a passive output?

Whats up AZ. Damn you got yourself another nice setup. You want to come and work for The Grunt's. Your plants are gonna love those lights. Mine do.

Each light is rate at 4550 Photopic lumens making it 10,000 lumens all together. And the fans are pushing air out I have a 4 inch by 8 inch metal duct letting air come in at the bottom of the grow box.
Stoney Bud said:
What amount of lumens do each of those lights produce?

It's a very nice, and well designed unit man. Your cpu fans are pushing air into the box and you have a passive output?

Thanks for the props, Only if utilities are included! hahahahahahaha!!
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up AZ. Damn you got yourself another nice setup. You want to come and work for The Grunt's. Your plants are gonna love those lights. Mine do.

AZshwagg said:
Each light is rate at 4550 Photopic lumens making it 10,000 lumens all together. And the fans are pushing air out I have a 4 inch by 8 inch metal duct letting air come in at the bottom of the grow box.
Sounds perfect man.

Good luck! More pics, more pics

damn your plants look(ed) good for 4 days up there. i've had mine only a week and a half i thought they were growin fast because i've already transplanted them, but if thats 4 days u have some fast growing plants or i have slow ones. the leaves are smaller.

If your talking about " Day 04 of veg" yeah, those are at 4 days from sprout. smaller leaves, maybe sativa????
t_mak said:
damn your plants look(ed) good for 4 days up there. i've had mine only a week and a half i thought they were growin fast because i've already transplanted them, but if thats 4 days u have some fast growing plants or i have slow ones. the leaves are smaller.

Hey there all Im also a first time grower and i am already having issures with ventilation i was quick to note the use of pc fans i have several extra lying around would you be kind enough to tell me how to power them with out the comp?? Thanks alot all sorry for inturrupting your own grow but looks good so far

Here are sum pic's of the newly transplanted plant and also picked up a extra fan, Still waiting on the other light and mylar. The plant i just transplanted had good roots, thats prob. why it was acting up. The lights are really good, My smaller plant is starting to show new growth with this light. more updates to come......

2005_0503updates0007.JPG

2005_0503updates0008.JPG

2005_0503updates0009.JPG

2005_0503updates0010.JPG

2005_0503updates0004.JPG

2005_0503updates0005.JPG

2005_0503updates0005.JPG

2005_0503updates0008.JPG

Lookin good there AZ soon the plants should perk up.

I bought a digi temp meter but was wondering if that was good location? Or should it be placed under the lights. The temp say 78 degrees and 26% humidity is that good level of humidity?

2005_0504picnew0001.JPG

2005_0504picnew0002.JPG

Im pretty sure thats fine AZ its more of an issue when you have 50%+ moisture and such thats where the plants start to mold especially when budding.

I put mine on the side of the pot. gives me a close idea of what the plant and roots are under. above the lights never give ma an accurate reading. IMHO.

the lunatics do the same as Mutt...just off to the side of the lights at pot level :)

Well, I finally got my mylar so I did a few renovations. I also started to apply LST to the bigger plant, here are few pic's. Oh yeah, look at the bottom leaves, they are starting to turn brown\black color again. Also the temps in the GB.

2005_0507picnew0006.JPG

2005_0507picnew0007.JPG

2005_0507picnew0012.JPG

2005_0507picnew0014.JPG

2005_0507picnew0016.JPG

2005_0507picnew0017.JPG

hey AzSwagg, I have those fluorex lights also, I have 2, but got mine at Home Depot, anyways you should remove that plastic lens as it traps heat thus making it hotter, your light fixure wont last as long. Those 2 fans facing each other really aren't doing squat but circling the hot air around thus putting stress on your CPU fans, should just use one blowing under light. Looks great, is that one of those c-25's from Home Depot? I am in Az. east valley also and well my shed is getting fricken hot 100 degrees and can't grow until October when it's cooler out, good luck. My plants also fluorished under the 2 65 watt fluorex they are great vegetative lights, if only they made a warm white for flower.

What soil are you using AZSwagg? Your plants should look better then it does, did something happen? Nute burn? Well since your in Arizona the best soil I found is at nurseries NOT HOME DEPOT or LOWE's a real nursery is Black Gold soil and never had a leaf discolor or any tips burn, mix with some perlite and your set, I was amazed at the growth I got with the Fluorex and soil combo. I always water and feed with a 6.5 ph and used organic ferts I purchased in Tempe at a local shop there, Earth Juice bloom is all I used in flower.

Latest posts

Back