BigBudz White Widow/Ice grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigbudz said:
I'm growing hydropically, have them in net pots and rockwool, covered in the grow rocks. I'm usin a bubbler on them, that seems to be really working well for me.
Thanks!

Question for you master cloners here...I've been reading up on cloning for a few days now, cause I'm hoping to clone my plants tomorrow... BUT I read somewhere that you can only clone when plants are in Veg... that you're not supposed to clone them when you have them in Flowering. Is it not a good idea for me to clone these girls??

Guess I need to keep readin up in other places. It's quite obvious I'm not going to get any help around here... Most of my questions go unanswered.

sorry bigbuds for missng this. I AM NOT a hydro guy, but can say that cuttings from plants 4 weeks into flower, are going to be tougher to root and may take weeks to reveg.

bigbudz said:
Stoney??? Please tell me I didn't kill 2 female white widows!!!
Dude! I'm not exactly sure how, but I missed your post. Maybe one of those weird system glitches, (rule #1 in the Internet Business is to always blame the server first). I try to read every one of the new posts every day. I missed yours.

Hey, I couldn't tell with these old eyes if you had males goin there or not. I'll trust that you've seen enough pics of the different flowers to tell them apart.

If I'm in doubt, I let the male flowers mature until they show themselves as a "Head on a stalk".

The female flowers will always apear to "sit" on the branching. The males will always mature to a clear, bulb on a stalk type look. This can be seen long before the risk of pollen is present if the plant is checked daily.

Good luck to you bigbidz. I'll keep a sharper eye out for your posts.

I apologize for the touch of bitchiness in that last post of mine... Decided to go ahead and try cloning them. I have plenty of time to get them rooted and back into veg. No hurry there. I did go ahead and germinate 3 new WW seeds and some of the mystery strain that was sent with my order. No clue what they are. Again, I'm sorry, all of you are awesome here, I appreciate all the help you give not only to me but to others.

We're at day 28 of flowering. Things seem to be going pretty smoothly so far. The girls have adjusted nicely to their new nutrients. I'm starting to see more and more buds coming on a daily basis, but they're still really small. My girls keep getting an inch or so taller every day, so I'm beginning to wonder if they're ever going to stop growing in height. My tallest plant stands at 43 inches (which btw, is taller than my daughter) and the other two at 37ish. The two fullest plants had to be tied down, they started getting top heavy. I do have one concern with them though, the two biggest plants' bottom leaves are starting to dry out and fall off... Is that normal? and if not, what should I do about it?? Here's some new pics... The last one is of a bud, but it's kinda fuzzy...Enjoy

All side view- flowering day 28.jpg

All Top View- flowering day 28.jpg

Ice Queen.jpg

Ice Runt.jpg

Tall Ice.jpg

Tall Ice Top.jpg

DSCF1249_edited.JPG

Whats going on bigbudz. I see your ladies are still stretching on ya. They will stop soon. IMO it's normal for some of the older bottom leaves to die off as the plant matures. It happens to mine all the time.

Sorry I missed that...

Yeah dude, you are supposed to clone in veg.

DUH, wish I'd read that!! I am a new cloner as well and took all my clones in flower.

Now what happened... ahhh.. they all turned out ok. They went from flower to veg and back to flower again.

When they hit that second flower they tweaked out for a few weeks putting out weird leaves, but now have fully recovered.

Sooooo, next time I'll do 'er the 'normal' way, but I'm not sure I'm gonna suffer any for doing it this way.

I'll let ya know, but so far from my end I'd say not to worry.

so, i turn my lights on tonight, and one of my plants, the runt, is completely fallen over onto it's side. Not exactly sure why, cause it was fine when the lights went off this morning. I had to tie her up and pray for the best. Seems like she's starting to perk up a little bit, but i'm kinda dumbfound as to what happened to her. Ph is at 6.0, temps are fine, water temp is fine, nutes are fine... any ideas what would make a plant just fall over like that? It's not like she's top heavy, she's the smallest of all 3 plants and theres just a few bud sites on her up at the top. The other 2 are perfectly fine tho.

One more question... I'm using FloraBloom as my nutes. Is that alright by itself or should I be adding something to them? Seems like it's taking forever for the buds to actually be visable... 4 weeks into flowering you should see noticable buds, right?

Hi Bigbudz, I started flowering on May 24th ish so heres what mine look like at 31/2 weeks.

jun116.jpg

jun1116.jpg

Ok, then something is obviously going on with my plants. They look NOTHING like that... you can't even see the buds unless you're right up on them. I do know that they're all females though, as you can see the white hairs everywhere on them, no signs of little balls, so i don't believe they're hermies. I wonder what's going on....

I know Im new here and probably shouldn't be giving any advice yet, BUT, sounds to me like you may just have a light leak somewhere. That is a big factor in slow grow rates. Anyone else agree?

yes I agree, I have put my poor plants through all sorts of hell with never any serios problems. The one thing I am "religious" about.....is their lights. Even when my timer screwed up, I set my alarm and took care of the lights by hand for a week. I won't even open the door out there at night to go in flicking my Bic. Good Luck :D

Whats up bigbudz. Any updates on the ladies and the bud progress. Just curious how they are doing. ;)

I don't know what's going on with them. The buds are still small but are a little bigger than a few days ago. I'm guessin the light leak explanation was correct, and have fixed that, hoping that they will take off here soon and be big bushes full of buds! They're gettin more and more little buds on em all over the place, so if they actually start getting bigger, I'm expecting a nice yield from them. Almost 5 weeks into flowering now, but with the light leak it's kinda like being at a week into flowering. My tallest Ice plant is at 49 inches tall, and my other two are around 42-43 inches tall. Here's a pic of my two biggest plants... Keep ur fingers crossed for me that the buds start bloomin like crazy!!!!!!

Tall Ice.jpg

Ice Queen.jpg

Whats up bigbudz. I hope that the ladies pack on some bud for you after fixing the light leaks. I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see. Here some GREEN MOJO for ya. :D

Hey Bigbudz, I dealt with lighting issues during both my grows and once they were dealt with,everything ended up no worse for wear :D . grow on mama!

Thanks GDG!!! I've got my light leak completely sealed up, there's absolutely no light creepin through anywhere now. Now it's a waiting game... but well worth it;)

Latest posts

Back