Bromance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought part of the crew back together today hick by speaking up what is on my mind. the indoor grow season is upon us. all hands on deck!! updating the server to v2, and into the future would be a great place to start. i'd feel better speaking with MarP,and going directly to the source. I was never good at three way convos. the he said she said syndrome sucks if you get my drift.

do you know for certain that this server is still not capable of implementing a chat? or how long since it has been updated? really, MarP could answer these questions more readily if he would stop in occasionally.

(or is he already here?);)

you say your 'not inclined', then please summon whomever is? (he's gotta be back from that long vacation by now!) lol...i'm beginning to become suspect that someone I already know is inclined to talk facts with me straight. we can get this site back on track if we can work together for the greater good of all future, present, and past members...yeah, past members too, because I rep them like their watching and waiting to come back home...

you know me to be a calm, level headed person. I hope that's how I come across anyhow. I want to help bring MP back to civility, growing, learning, and teaching. for one, if there were mods here for individual sections again, active mods, they could moderate their respective areas more efficient.

I know that the squatters stirring the pot are either actives, or previous actives. you are well aware of this also? so why aren't you banning their butts? you are enabling them to tear our home down, are you not? so you ban them, and if they return to stir the pot further, you moderate, and report them to their isp...let it be known too. never hide. stand by your choices, and I will stand by you!...more'n one way to skin a cat!...

if mods become inactive for any reason over 30 days, don't vacate that spot, but step them down back to active member status, and hold open voting from active members to immediately fill that spot!...

that's some of the ideas I got peeling straight off my onion right now that you can address hick, without further moderation from anyone over you. its not asking a bunch, and I think it's a move we can't afford to not take. when we had a downgrade of the site, that was like e-slapping all who have contributed much here. made this in house bickering escalate. it will prolly become worse before it gets better. you have the tools to stop it here...

i'm coming back in here either way. like I said, this is my home, and i'm bringing back my irish charm and charisma. :D :cool:

(that live chat at top of home page would sure go a long long way in morale brother)...peace...

I know the mods are doing it... But mp is out dated... No doubt.

There has been so much to say, but I like others have had some drama... But cussing aint **** to me so whatever.

If I'm a bad man for cussing them whatever.

Anyway... There is alot to say on this but a chat, trading etc would REALLY give the site an edge... But just to ppl that are proven in the community.

Anyway, I have alot to Say...But the more ppl speak the "stupider" they sound.

* wanted to add this. This site is like an overcooked steak.

Take that for what it's worth. ;)

Oy...

I'd love to see a newer interface here but the last time MP had new software somehow the backup failed and we lost over a year of posts and information in a POOF when the system crashed and many peeps bailed! :eek:

Good to seeya Irish! :ciao:

Ima need several attractive... er, knowledgable lab assistants if we're going to resurrect the days of 2009. And some walkie talkies. Breeding team report report to the lab! Commence DNA sequencing, Irish! Over!

PS. How did you remember that, DoS? He deleted that thread:confused: !

:confused2:

What made/makes our forum better/different is our members and the rules. Not some chat room. How does a chat room make people act differently? Why blame the crash? Did the crash make people act different? How many pre-crash members are still active? How many new members have we gained since the crash? If you want to blame an electronic gizmo on the problems go ahead, but I think you will find the answers by just looking into a mirror.

It is time to place the blame where it belongs and that is you and me and all our members. When it becomes more fun to harass a spammer or make fun of a newbie or change one persona just to stir up the drama. then it is to help a fellow grower, maybe it is time to move on?

Everything has to have a starting point and that starting point should begin with what we can control and the only thing we can control is ourselves. I would suggest we all begin there.:)

looks like yur hittin a nerve Irish my pilgrim friend, then again I told ya yu would ;) Consider it like boulders in the river just stear round em and just keep paddlin the right direction yual headin ;)

BWD

Yes, it is all your fault 4U! We are a microcosm of society and that can be scary. One thing I would like to ask Hick. I always thought the deal with not "hooking up" was for our own safety. SM pointed out that some rules had been broken by a few of us meeting.... I don't want to break any rules, but I am old enough, I think to make my own decisions after knowing peeps for years if I can meet them.
Also, we are legal in many states and the thought of sharing seeds and having group grows appeals to me. Your thoughts Hick?
I will say I am glad there is no swearing on here, makes me think harder to use better words, ha... And i know i will not be popular, but i am glad there isn't talk of sports. That is one reason i liked it here initially.

My point is, yes we need to perhaps change with the millenium, but MP is a great place to learn to grow great cannabis. With the help of some fabulous people. my 2c

BackWoodsDrifter said:
looks like yur hittin a nerve Irish my pilgrim friend, then again I told ya yu would ;) Consider it like boulders in the river just stear round em and just keep paddlin the right direction yual headin ;)
BWD

I don't get that statement .

But I'm glad to see some positive energy from this thread.
I used to help/post a lot more and admit im just lazy sometimes.

As long as we are treating each other with respect I can take or leave cursing.
I always thought of this site as more "adult" than other sites and that always appealed to me.

I hate to say it but by nature this forums topic has a tendency to bring out the more childish individuals. Are any of you a member of a car audio forum? then you understand. lol

Theres no nerve being hit and to suggest so is just stirring the pot imo. Duck hasnt said anything that should bother Irish or anyone else, hes just a passionate member that is looking to see some change for the better and he is right it starts with us, the members.

As for "hook ups" or trades, many of us do this at other site/sites, the internet is a powerful tool, if you really wanna you just do it, it doesnt have anything to do with MP.

Well, i have bwd on iggy but when you paste it I can see it...lol He is starting again... that is why you don't understand it growdude. Interesting point you made about the subject matter and you are right, i guess my statement is wrong, we aren't a microcosm then...We are a special group of people with one common interest and goal.

Good post up there Duck.

:rolleyes:

Good luck Irish I wish ya well pilgrim yur intentions are for good and I respect it ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:

BWD
Because you are oh so righteous, right?

Maybe if you dropped the schtick for a bit you would be able to tell that quite a few of us that have been here a couple years don't trust you one bit bro. There has been no nerve hit, pc makes a valid point. Most of what made this site great was a tight knit bunch of regulars who helped newbies and kind of policed the site to keep it free of riffraff and drama. Above all else it was about being able to TRUST each other. Something we are in short supply of with you.

This thread is going along well and yet you still feel the need to inject your own brand of schticky drama into it. The fact that Rose needed to put you on iggy says volumes.

Hamster Lewis said:
Because you are oh so righteous, right?

Maybe if you dropped the schtick for a bit you would be able to tell that quite a few of us that have been here a couple years don't trust you one bit bro. There has been no nerve hit, pc makes a valid point. Most of what made this site great was a tight knit bunch of regulars who helped newbies and kind of policed the site to keep it free of riffraff and drama. Above all else it was about being able to TRUST each other. Something we are in short supply of with you.

This thread is going along well and yet you still feel the need to inject your own brand of schticky drama into it. The fact that Rose needed to put you on iggy says volumes.

well said!!!!!

:yeahthat: :48: Ive been here since 2008,,the Drama almost always comes from the same Drama Queens. As long as they remain,,,,so will the Drama. I backed off for awhile due to a Heart Attack,,came back,,and nothing had changed with the Drama. Same Ole Same Ole. But I dont care,,MP is my Home when it comes to growing Weed and helping others grow Weed,,plus I have PPL here that I really like,,and if someday I can meet some of them safely I shall. I will OUTLAST the Drama Queens,,thats a Promise.

Cannabis...The healing of the Nation. That is why we are here.
It is VERY cool that this thread brought out the old skool. Thanks Irish, you da man.
I try to stay away from Drama, but I sure will stand up if I feel something is wrong. Be it a bad post from a member, or a bad call from a Mod. This will always be. I know, I know, I have been involved in my share of madness.

The Cannabis culture is changing, changing at a faster pace then even I could have imagined. There is more folks growing then ever, and they need help.

All right we've turn this thread into a talk about bettering the site lets not start the petty bickering

As much as I'd love a chat room again, I think there are members here who would intentially abuse it by starting more crap, ruining any fun. . :(.

I appreciate the no cursing rule. People are capable of getting their words across without having to resort to foul language. Sometimes I'll let one slip and my 9yr old gets after me every time..it upsets him, lol. If someone feels they need to cuss to express their self then something must be wring.

I will say, again, that I'd like to be able to talk sports with my friends here. We're adults (most of us anyway) and could discuss while remembering how subjective it all is, if someone likes another team better..:p. This is the rule that kills me the most. A little friendly banter is fun.

Pcduck and hammy for president! Rose gets my VP vote. :D

Go Cowboys,,:eek: ,,,Just kidden guys,,dont get yur pannies in a twist. Just haven some fun.:D

Latest posts

Back