Candles for CO2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across this online and thought you might be interested in it. It creates CO2 while at the same time creating a solution you can mix with epsom salt to create Cal Mag at the same time creating CO2

Eggshells contain mostly calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and it dissolves easily in vinegar which is acetic acid (CH3COOH). The result is calcium acetate in solution and CO2. Calcium acetate is a soluble form of calcium. The acetate is an organic molecule that is easily decomposed by microbes leaving the calcium free for plants. This is sound chemistry and can be used to provide calcium for plants. If you also add Epsom salts you create a Cal-Mag mixture.

I ran across this online and thought you might be interested in it. It creates CO2 while at the same time creating a solution you can mix with epsom salt to create Cal Mag at the same time creating CO2

Eggshells contain mostly calcium carbonate (CaCO3) and it dissolves easily in vinegar which is acetic acid (CH3COOH). The result is calcium acetate in solution and CO2. Calcium acetate is a soluble form of calcium. The acetate is an organic molecule that is easily decomposed by microbes leaving the calcium free for plants. This is sound chemistry and can be used to provide calcium for plants. If you also add Epsom salts you create a Cal-Mag mixture.

Has anyone tried it on Cannabis plants
I would like to hear results, so much easier for me to just order a gallon of Cal/mag

It looks like calcium acetate is alkaline so neutralizing it would need to be addressed. CO2 supplementation isn’t for the weekend warrior growers. Anyone who has tried to grow cheaply has been rewarded with poor quality.

Latest posts

Back