Clone Now Or Wait

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazz

D Great Conversationalist
Reaction score
O.K., I have a few posts under my belt but now I have a delima that I need help with. My babies were born on 1/5 (that's when I put them in soil) and they're progressing very well. I'm wondering if I can clone soon and if so, when? I saw a few branches to clone but I wonder will I short myself in the long run (I'm trying to maximize my yield) if I clone now. This was some very good bagseed I ran into (sweet aftertaste and a very nice buzz) Here are pics for your review. The three in the peat pods are white widow (yummy) which I will take my time with. I'm running 2 125w CFL's (1 2700k and 1 6400k- there was a mixup with shipping but It shouldn't be a problem right?) I did experience a learning curve with nutes but i suspect that I gave them nutes too soon. I'll wait for the flowering phase before nutes again. I was using 1/4tsp per gal. of ff grow big and have learned my lesson.

000_0012.JPG

000_0013.JPG

000_0014.JPG

000_0015.JPG

Looks to young to me to begin taking clones. I dont see any spots you could take even a decent cutting from. Granted I maybe missing some undergrowth. Just my 2 cents.

the undergrowth is going very well. I saw at least two areas to take clones from on just one plant. I can wait if that's what majority rules.

i do not know alot about cloning but it looks as if you may be overferting or a nitrogen def is on its way to your plants just a heads up

Mr bubbles is correct, those plants are far to immature to try and clone at this stage, there isn't a branch that is long enough to make a decent cutting.

Let them get a bit older and have a branch with at least 2 inches of stem.

I don't see one place to clone. And chill on the nutes.

yeah..I have been told to take them after alternating nodes or at least have the clone that is to be taken be 4"+ in length...my .02

Latest posts

Back