clones too damp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bongzilla

Reaction score
hey y'all, i took a couple clones this morning and i think i may need a little help keeping them alive.

after taking the clones, i spritzed a little water on the leaves and put each clone in it's own plastic baggy, then i left them out on the windowsill to get a little sun. after a few hours i came back to check on them, and they don't appear to be doing too good. the best looking clone is still managing to stand mostly straight up, but all of her leaves are extremely droopy and moist. the second clone is leaning heavily with the same droopy leaves. the third clone looks like she got hit by a truck :( the stem is so droopy it is literally hanging down the side of the cup like a wet noodle.

i've always read that high levels of humidity and warmth were necessary for clones to root, but as of now my plants look cooked. right now i have them out of the baggies, under some lights, getting some fresh air. where should i go from here?

Give them time, what you said will happen - they take 10 to 12 days to root, I wouldn't put them in direct sun light tho as alot of light is not needed..

P.S I took 25 clones off my ladies 1 week and 1 day ago and they are standing now, like I said give them time, make sure you give them PH-ed water only @ a level of 6.0 (thats what I give mine).

edit: yup, they're all dead

i think they were just too scraggly to begin with, the humidity killed them so fast :(

bongzilla said:
edit: yup, they're all dead

i think they were just too scraggly to begin with, the humidity killed them so fast :(

What cloning method did you use? How did you put them in plastic baggies?

6.0 is too high for clones keep em at 5.0-5.7 and if you want to ensure their survival i would recomend geting some Superthrive...It helps with the shock of being cut....Mostly all my ladies make it with that formula...Water,Superthrive,Olivias gel....Good Luck Grow Big....

Latest posts

Back