Cloning to soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
I made my first diy bubbler and im about to order a 4 bulb t5. when it gets in Ill take cuttings off my DP blueberry, blue hash, cali hash, and double gum..
Ill cut the lower third part of each plant and select two clones from each, 1 for soil and 1 for the diy bubbler, since this is my first time..

I have olivias rooting gel and fox farm ocean forest soil and small pots. I plan to just cut at 45*, then recut at 45* under water, more surface area, then make some slits in the stem, pack on the rooting gel, and put in soil..

I think I should water the soil before inserting the clone, so the water wont wash away the rooting gel..
any advice?

thanks!

I think your beter off just using the bubbler.(faster)
I get roots in about 5-7 days with the bubbler with no rooting gels or powders.
Lots of bubbles is the key= good o2 for the cuttings.
good luck

no soil for clones in my house. They go into little black soft cubes for a week or two after I dip the tips into rooting solution. then they are sprayed with water about 5x a day, then when they root I put them into soil...like so..

Wike Wedding from Tia 395.jpg

framingman001 said:
I think your beter off just using the bubbler.(faster)
I get roots in about 5-7 days with the bubbler with no rooting gels or powders.
Lots of bubbles is the key= good o2 for the cuttings.
good luck
thanks man.

this is my first time though.. im worried it wont work..
I made a 10gal with 2 10" air stones with 2 air pumps.. im thinking i might need to add another air stone though..

The problem is i definitely need a clone that works..

I tried cloning with rockwool, dome, and misting and couldnt really get the moisture content correct.

2Dog said:
no soil for clones in my house. They go into little black soft cubes for a week or two after I dip the tips into rooting solution. then they are sprayed with water about 5x a day, then when they root I put them into soil...like so..
so u dont water? u just dip in gel and then mist 5x a day, then soil, then water.. no water until it shows roots? when u say mist 5x a day, how much do u mist each clone? until it has water bubbles on the leaves? saturated? under dome?

thanks!!

I spray with a water bottle I make sure to get the base wet (not soggy) and get the leaves wet especially the undersides. the dome helps so much. then I have a florescent above them. I get about 85% cloned. This time maybe a 100% its only my third time. I have already pulled a couple out and placed them in soil right next to the dome they will be outside maybe tonight. the base goes from light brown to black when wet it helps me judge them.

the plants in the pic were just sprayed..I also spray the dome.

to me they look bigger and healthier than the club clones I have seen ;)
indicas on the left sativa on the right..maybe I will have club quality soon I have had interest in them.

I also clip them in water meaning I put the plant I am cuttings stem into a bowl of water then snip it in there prevents air hitting it then as quickly as possible I dip it into the solution then I dip a few times getting the black cube coated then slide the plant in...dont know if it makes a difference but last time I did lost 2 this time everything is going well.

i use a mass bubbler...then into coco..then soil..Bubbler is my way..take care be safe

bubbler hmm so I have a pump from one of my waterfalls and I use it to get air into the water when I give it nuts...I guess I could use this or something else to bubble the water and put the plants into that? is that how I am understanding the bubbler method? sounds so complicated..then how do the plants stand in the water a tray? and you dont use nutrients? so mind boggling. I am picturing it. Sounds like more energy use as well...hmmm maybe someday i will try that method..very interesting.

thank you 4 ! easy enough to do. I may try it someday.

Hi R999,

Some people put their clones in cups and place the cups in a tray and then water the tray and let the medium wick up any moisture it needs through the drainage holes and into the cloning medium.

You're going to love your bubbler... In my little clone bubbler a couple of 6" airstones and the cheapest of air pumps with a Y adaptor feeding two stones turns out foot long roots in my 2 gal bucket bubbler in about 14 days.... It's a cheapo, humble setup that always gives great results!;) And nothing but ph'd tap water... NO products!

4u2smoke... where do you set your ph at? I usually have better results if it's kept around 6-6.3

I can comfortably fit 3 clones per neoprene collar and more if I squeeze them in for 15+ clones per run...

Peace!:cool:

Bubblin.jpg

Im just worried about the bubbler not working. seems everyone else has has success.. mine is a 10gal with two 10" airstones.. each airstone has an aquarium pump on it..
i know the stem of the clone hangs close to the top of the water..

i still cant find a 4 bulb 2' t5 fixture that makes 216 watts.. htg normally has them but isnt open.. any help?

thanks!!

Latest posts

Back