Community By The Fire thread, Come be with friend and be warm,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are correct in this case Hal. It wasn't a good call. It doesn't teach anyone anything.. That is amazing in a year, 19 posts for a moderator.

There we go,

The owner of the site is MarP. He created the rules here, and expects that the Mods and Admins will use them to keep the peace.

He is my Boss, therefor it be what it be.

I will explain it all slowly for some of you.

We do not allow members to harrass even a spammer.

We get folks come in and join all the time, and some don't read the rules right off the batt. Then some are maybe bound to do something such as accidently spam, or maybe say something that doesn't go over very well.

It is supposed to be reported or caught by a Mod, and dealt with.

How we chose to deal with it is up to us, NOT the general members.

Should someone new join, and accidently spam, then we just explain the rules to that person.

BUT... some folks here think it is up to them to run the person out of here by calling them spammer, and other things that are designed to be cruel.
we are not about doing that.

What if someone who is maybe thinking of joining sees all the harrassment. HMMMmmm, I would be willing to bet that they might think twice about joining.

Finally, about the accidental spammer, or the new person that seems different from the rest because he is different, and just doesn't understand it all up front, what about that person, well I see NO redemption offered, No forgiveness period. Just make the individual miserable enough that they give up and split.

Not much in the way of a welcome for someone that might have strayed a tad.

I repeat, we will not tolerate our members going into any forum here and attempting to run someone off for whatever reason. Should you have a problem with anyone then the rules say you take it up with that individual on a private basis, or speak to a Mod about it, end of story.

For those folks that are so upset about 4u2sm0ke getting a minor vacation. Should you wish to depart this site over it, then Sayonara, but stop the pissing about it and go read the rules for yourself...

By the way he wasn't treated unfairly. He was told to stop, and he refused to adhere to the request. Makes it his problem then now don't it...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

" How we chose to deal with it is up to us, NOT the general members. "

"Wrong answer pilgrem ;)

For those folks that are so upset about 4u2sm0ke getting a minor vacation. Should you wish to depart this site over it, then Sayonara, but stop the pissing about it and go read the rules for yourself...

By the way he wasn't treated unfairly. He was told to stop, and he refused to adhere to the request. Makes it his problem then now don't it..."

Wrong answer gain pilgrem ;)

Let me clear my shelves and box me some supplies and I be leavin quite if yual willin

A Drifter needs to Drift ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this I be makin some happy but fur the once friended be sad momment from me but I have certain ethics amd hounor I never be shuckin.

Was almost perfect here Pilgrems I truly hope friends made here fireside be seen again to other fireside in our journys. Those I dont see gain will always be remembered here this fire we all stoked. I aint tryin to start drama just felt need to say goodbye out respect for all I have shared fires with. Thanks again for all ya be and I hope all yur trails chosen be the trails that lead yu to yur happy

BWD

Hey man, we all get a little worked up here time and again, I am prob the worst.
But you know, you "hang out" on a website forum long enough, and you really feel like you get to know folks, and you start to feel like a real "member" and get protective over the site. You don't need Mod status for that, it is just human nature, if your a cool person.

ALOT of subjects get real personal for folks, I know it does for me. You have to take that into consideration. It brings out emotions, which I think is cool. It is called "Marijuana PASSION" right?

I think alot of real cool subjects are "banned", which sucks. I would love to hear what like minded (in the ways of Herb) think about different subjects like politics, sports Gun Control. We all know that folks will argue, but to me, as long is there is a little civility, let the convo go on. Specific name calling, sure, that should be checked, but dang, We are all adults.
I understand that this is a herb forum, but again, you stay long enough, you like to hear what folks think about all kinds of "off topic" subjects. That why you make different sections in the forum.

But haha, I rambled on, smokin' some great Sky OG, makes me stupid, I love it.

Free 4U and make BWD a Mod!

true---mob mentality is brutal---and you sir as the king moderator may have only seen what you were allowed---many posts were deleted and 4u was only defending himself---time out 4u was overkill on your part---our community is much better than a mod making a knee jerk reaction to a situation of which he is only partly privy to---4u been around a long time and his input into our community speaks for itself---banning him for any period of time is wrong and if MARP and yourself were to see the entire picture---i am confident that he would not have been banned

What a unpersonal lame answer King, I thought better of you then that man.

So your answer is to not take heed from long time members, but tell us to split if we don't like it?

I understand your job man, done it myself for a long time, with crazy Gamers, not chill stoners. If you are truly worried about new folks reading what you regard as "harassment", then simply delete the posts.
If you were around much, you would see that the site gets alot of spammers, and ya, it's fun to get em before THG shuts it down.
Good Times, I think.

Common Sense. Before banning a long time member, try some other steps man. All that does is piss everyone off.

Be sayin sorry to be gettin it back so ifin yual have any like ur love this old bushman please keep it to lit! Always come to the fireside and let folk who care fur ya knows yual all right! Be fire to friend and family I be lightin and need to knows folk with heart and sole can sit here reckon without fear of nothin but acceptence and love to fellow traveller cause in end who we be be told by trails walked, Im walkin mine and here now tells ya keep walkin no matter what goin on to life keep focus to yur need and take hand offered as it offered in friend and learn as yual go to give back in return and yur trails walked be ones of piece fur the most part ;) But always be prepaired fur anything comin. Safe gain yur trails friends.

BWD

We will Little Brother,,I just threw in another log. WOOOPS ,,hate those dang hot ambers.;)

Gots one stuck between toes once set me to dancin right through kitchen door and into creek quick blistered bad fur week and stained socks wearin to time. LOL lifes lessons ;)

BWD

:ciao: my friend Found this here funny and thaught this wood be good place to share

just replace Billy Bob with ..BWD:D

Here's a little Redneck joke:

"Hello, is this the FBI?"
"Yes. What do you want?"
"I'm calling to report about my neighbor Billy Bob Smith! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood."
"Thank you very much for the call, sir."
The next day, the FBI agents descend on Billy Bob's house. They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They swore at Billy Bob and left. The phone rings at Billy Bob's house.
"Hey Billy Bob! Did the FBI come?"
"Yeah!"
"Did they chop your firewood?"
"Yep."
"Happy Birthday Buddy"

WeedHopper said:
We will Little Brother,,I just threw in another log. WOOOPS ,,hate those dang hot ambers.;)

DAM YOU WEEDHOPPER...ya gotz smoke in me eyes....ya bring any wheenies to roast up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back