COP stoped by...I HEED HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
Hello I NEED HELP…I just plead guilty about a month ago to a crime that I did not do because I was not trusting a jury to find the truth (it’s a different world and my lawyer told me to plead)…it was a felon not drug related…I please read and respond to me ASAP…ok I am going to start with I am a pot smoker and my wife might smoke a little every now and again. But tonight the cops came knocking on my door, they said that someone called and said I was selling pot from my apt…now I have never sold pot but gave some to a friend or two…today I gave some to a friend for $10 (so I guess I sold)…then to cop at 10pm…I gave them all the stuff was in my house…showed them all the stuff that was in the house and the five or six plants, I stop growing and they where only a week or two old, even some **** that a friend that lives here left hidden…it was a lot…about 3oz…he lied and said it was not his and in a way it wasn’t was…he was holding the stuff for a person I knew…but I knew it was here, my wife didn’t know (bit did know about the plants…she told me three days ago to stop growing which I did, but did not destroy plants…still in the grow closet…these plant I was growing but did not own, long story…now I am worries about my wife getting in trouble for something that was not her fault, she’s a teacher and I don’t want her to lose her job or our kids…what am I to do…like the cop said, it was in my house (btw…the 3 oz was packed to deliver)…they kept saying that I was selling, I was selling…they wanted the bigger fish and I need to give him up and not no small fish, BIG FISH only (I don’t know BIG FISH)…but how the hell am I to do that I have no big fish I don’t know but two ppl that sell…the one our renter was holding and one other guy… I don’t know what to do (my wife wont teat dirty, its been a month since she smoked last…I was honest with them telling were it all was I helped them out finding everything in the house…but he said that they will be back to check up…I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS…are they coming back? Are they going to arrest me if I can’t give them a big fish? What about my wife…this is not going to help me out getting you to contact me…we are very tight on money…so payment might be hard, but I can pay something…I NEED HELP ASAP...BTW I live in NC...:confused:

I don't know what your state laws are but here where I am at you would be in jail. Not that It helps you but I would get rid of everything. They do not care whose it is, it was in your house. If you take all the blame your wife might get off.

If I were you I'd already be checkin into a hotel in Canada. As pcduck said, I'm not sure on the exact state laws. but I don't think NC is too leniant and you just gave them every bit of evidence they need to convict you of about any marijuana cultivation/trafficing charge they want. Not to mention you just mentioned your wife, a teacher, smokes sometimes when you're already concerned about being busted. They may seize your computer and search man, not good for your wife if they find this page in your history. Not only that but you just plead guilty to a felony you didn't commit?? Why would you do that, you gotta fight for yourself man. That includes saying no to searches, its legal to do so. Now, though, you are looking at being a two time felon, and personally theres no way I'd stay around to do the time thats gonna be associated with that.

wow...sorry to hear of the trouble you braught upon your self..as the above stated ..what laws you are under..this Lawyer you said..I think I wouyld listen..if you care about your wife ...She told you to stop right? they said they be back...meening they will check to see if you are growing and or distributing. so when they say they want the BIG fish..look at them and say "I AM" and me alone..and get rid of everything..and buy wife some flowers..good luck:bolt::bong:

and why did you let this Cop in? did he have warrant?

Give me your address Ill send you a BIG FISH:rofl: Salmon...just dont let them see the inside:giggle:

Tell the cops that your wife wasn't involved, the 3 ounces was yours, and they've busted you. Do that, tell them that you're sorry, and you're ready to pay for your crime. Apologize for not being able to give them a big fish, and leave it at that. If they want the little fish instead, tell them that you must own up to your mistake and deal with the consequences.

I have no other advise to give you, because I'm no attorney, and I have no idea what the law is.

One good thing, though; you're not in jail. Perhaps the cops are just messing with you and want to teach you a lesson? I don't know what they're thinking.

Be sure that your place is perfectly clean when they come back.

What kind of documents did they give you? Did they at the very least, give you a ticket?

Alistair Young said:
One good thing, though; you're not in jail. Perhaps the cops are just messing with you and want to teach you a lesson? I don't know what they're thinking.

Be sure that your place is perfectly clean when they come back.

What kind of documents did they give you? Did they at the very least, give you a ticket?

they taught me a lesson...they did not give us anything as in documents and/or a ticket...I was up front with them, man...tellling them everything Icould for them not to arrest my wife or take my kids...I did all I could...

Well, in that case greenjerry, maybe you're ok. I really don't know, because I know nothing about cops, except sometimes, they seem to let some people slide.

If they told me that they'd be back, I'd believe them, and my place would be clean. To be on the safe side, I would possibly have someone wipe my hard drive for me, and stay away from this site for awhile.

I hope it all works out for you. Keep your place clean, totally clean.

Here's another thought. Suppose they're just messing with you; they come back, but when all said and done, nothing happens? Then what happens? You soon stop worrying about it, then you think it's cool. You start keeping pot in your house again, and when you least expect it, they come back. Your situation would bring me way down, but I'd start buying sacs and keeping them at my place again within two weeks or less. Then, they'd come by and take me by surprise. Or, worse yet, three months would go by and I'd start growing again. My stuff would be just about ready to be harvested and wham! they'd show up. In other words, don't let your guard up for a long time. Be careful, greenjerry.

It's time to be a strong person and stop letting others run you like a $2 *****. When you started growing pot in your house, you knew it was illegal. You know it's sure as hell illegal to sell it.

Now, because you've been crazy enough to sell it to another person right out of your own house, someone either saw you do it or rolled on you to get themselves out of trouble.

What I'm hearing you say is that IF you did know someone else to tell the cops about, you'd be telling them already. Dude, I'll be very straight up with you, that's what they call a stoolie. A narc. A pigeon. An informer.

You're the one who decided to do what you've done. Why are you so ready to narc out on anyone else that can get you free?

If you do become a narc, stoolie, informer, pigeon, then the cops will use you like a piece of toilet paper. They'll be up your azz every time you sneeze. They'll work you like a *****.

If you have no court date, spent no time in jail for the pot, were not booked for the crime, then the cops probably smoked it themselves and they're trying to get you to narc for them to make their next rank.

Dude, I have some real advice for you; if you start narcing for the cops, don't ever share that information with anyone in your life. If you do, some person who has something to fear from your whoring for the pigs will come and show his anger. If you go to jail even for a day and tell someone you're an informer, you're nuts.

Stop freaking out like a little girl. Like I said, you KNEW YOU WERE GROWING WEED AND SELLING IT. Take what comes like an adult. Stop looking for someone else to take it for you.

Sorry if I sound harsh. You pissed me off with all the talk about how you didn't know anyone who is a big fish. I take that to mean that you'd roll on them in a New York minute if you did know someone.

Stop whining. Take what comes. Next time, if you can't do the time, don't do the freakin crime.

THIS IS A MESSAGE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ON THIS ENTIRE GROUP.

DON'T SELL WEED. GROW NOTHING BUT YOUR OWN STASH.

DON'T SELL! Did you hear me?

Jails are full of greedy people who try to sell weed at street prices.

If you do grow, then accept the fact that it's illegal and you take the chance of getting busted.

If you get busted, then be right and just take what you get after you try to get out of it with a lawyer.

DON'T CONFESS TO ANYTHING.

Make them bust you if that's what they're going to do.

If you become a narc, shame on you.

Once again, if you can't handle the time, then don't do the crime.

No one HAS to smoke weed. For sure, no one HAS to grow it. If you do, you've accepted that you may get busted. If you get busted, you get in trouble. GET IT?

Potus has what seems like very good advice. He might be harsh on you, but it's for your own good.

Potus, he's already confessed to it. Will clamming up now make any difference in his favor?

Alistair Young said:
Potus has what seems like very good advice. He might be harsh on you, but it's for your own good.

Potus, he's already confessed to it. Will clamming up now make any difference in his favor?
It's time for him to play the game. Get a lawyer (a real one this time) and play it out. Any lawyer worth their pay will tell you to NEVER confess in this type of case. Hell, OJ got away with murdering two people in cold blood with evidence falling out of his azz! If these cops have mishandled the evidence, screwed the pooch on the chain of custody, failed to follow even the smallest rule of evidence, he'll walk if he challenges.

If he rolls on someone else, he'll be rollin forever. Pigs stack it. They will never let him be if he rolls the first time. If he ever even tries to wiggle out of rollin after that, the cops themselves will put out the word that he's a narc.

Like I said; if you grow, you know. It's illegal folks. That's why the cops are involved. If you're really afraid of being busted, then stop smoking weed, stop growing weed and sure as hell never sell any to anyone.

I wonder how many grows are being taken down this very minute?

"You mean I could actually go to freakin prison?"

hehe, boys and girls, open your eyes.

"But I can grow a whole room full and make enough to live real good!"

"You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right...."

Are your eyes open yet?

Be smart. Grow only what you can smoke. Don't buy on the street. Don't ever sell so much as a gram.

And

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER

tell anyone you grow of they know you in real life.

"Quick, help me tear this crap down. Pack this stuff up and get it out of my house"

hehe, I can almost hear them.

Wakey wakey...

Greenjerry, one more thought. I realize it's a hard thing to do, but be sure to either have someone wipe your hard drive, or better yet, destroy it in a fire. Stay away from this site too, or else you might just get busted after all. I know that sounds a bit far fetched, but personally I wouldn't want to go to jail. Actually, in your situation it's very possible.

I guess I was wrong about the apologizing crap. I'm glad that Potus jumped in and opened our eyes. Get an attorney and say nothing to the man.

Even though they did not arrest you at the time, trust me it was entered as evadence agenst you. they can gather dirt on u for years befor they act on it. Vancoover is very nice this time of year, run like the wind dont sit and wait for the man to lock u down. if they want u make em work for it. did they tell u not to leave town?
Of corse this is what i would do i have no ties and can vanish in the blink of an eye.

Marsrover1 said:
Even though they did not arrest you at the time, trust me it was entered as evidence against you. they can gather dirt on u for years before they act on it. Vancouver is very nice this time of year, run like the wind don't sit and wait for the man to lock u down. if they want u make em work for it. did they tell u not to leave town?
Of course this is what i would do i have no ties and can vanish in the blink of an eye.
The cops have to follow the very strict rules for evidence. If those rules get broken one time, the evidence is worthless.

1. He didn't say a word about them packing the grow room as evidence.

2. He said nothing about being booked for possession OR sales.

3. He said nothing about any court dates.

If he runs, that's tantamount to confessing to the crime. It's also illegal and if caught, it could multiply his jail time.

If he hasn't been booked for sales or possession, he probably won't be. That's not something they wait to do.

He needs to find a real lawyer. Not one of the wet-behind-the-ears pub-lick pretenders.

Until he finds a real lawyer, he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Totally shut.

Anything and everything that wouldn't be appropriate to have in the chief of police's house needs to find it's way into a dumpster far, far away, in a distant galaxy.

He has a Wife and Children to think of. He can still get probation and little if any hard time. If he runs, it's all over if they catch him. He'll do the full package.

LAWYER. TALK TO A LAWYER. DON'T SAY JACK UNTIL YOU TALK TO A REAL LAWYER. CALL NORMAL. LOOK ON THIER SITE. FIND A REAL LAWYER. KEEP YOUR MOUTH COMPLETELY CLOSED UNTIL YOU DO.

your right Potus srry its the fight or flight instinct kicking in lol

One more thing: Miranda rights don't apply until after an arrest has been made. Does the fifth amendment cover you in a scenario where the police are asking questions, but haven't yet arrested you? If not, it seems like the penalty for not talking before before being arrested would be less than the consequences of talking and paying the price for doing so.

Alistair Young said:
One more thing: Miranda rights don't apply until after an arrest has been made. Does the fifth amendment cover you in a scenario where the police are asking questions, but haven't yet arrested you? If not, it seems like the penalty for not talking before before being arrested would be less than the consequences of talking and paying the price for doing so.
Look at the wording of this closely:

Miranda:

Prior to any questioning initiated by law enforcement officers after a person is taken into custody, or otherwise deprived of his/her freedom in any significant way, the person must be warned: (1) That he/she has the right to remain silent; (2) That any statement he/she makes may be used as evidence against him/her; (3) That he/she has the right to the presence of an attorney; (4) That if he/she cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for him/her prior to any questioning if he/she so desires.

5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Notice that in the Miranda rights, being "deprived of his/her freedom in any significant way" involves a process in which a person no longer has the right to tell a cop to piss off. If a point is reached where you no longer have the freedom to dismiss the police until a later time, or at all, then at that point, the Miranda would be applicable. Every cop knows this. No cop in their right mind would attempt to use any results of questioning without having applied proper Miranda warnings.

As for the 5th, notice it mentions "in any criminal case". If no criminal case has been initiated, then the 5th doesn't apply. If a criminal case HAS been initiated, then only a fool would say a single word without first consulting an attorney.

Remember the words of one of the slickest, sneakiest, law abusing azzholes on the planet "It depends on what your definition of IS is." - Billy Clintoon -

Bend the law until it almost snaps. The lawyers do.

Well that sucks... a lot of good advice given..
Call a lawyer and discuss it..
Don't role over on anyone.. it won't help you at all. You will be in there pocket.
Police have 1 year to file charges on you unless its a violent crime. Then there is no limit.
Take the fall for the wife if need be.
Oh ya ... wipe your hard drive with a big damn magnet......

It seems to me, with all this interest in a" BIG FISH", wich they obviously think you know,and would give up if you did, the're goal is to use you as a C.I. (confidential informer ).The're gonna set you up to make buys for them fo you can lure in the "big Fish".They will black mail you through loss of freedom, your wifes job, possibly even removing your kids from the home, but this is all a result of your own acts.You made alot of dumb mistakes,as did your wife (she knew of the situation and allowed it ).
Your only way forward (if you intend to keep any bit of self-respect ) is get an attorney face the cpos head-on, take your medicine and move on.
Quit whinning, man up, accept responibility for your actions!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back