Ditchweed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
I was online the other day and was watching this documentary about how there's basically weed growing all over in I forgot what region. They said their was basically no thc in them. they were trying to come up with theories on how they spread so far and said it might have been from hemp farms from early America. I dont know I just thought that was interesting. Do you know if there are any other areas around the world where they grow freely like this?

The hills of WV and KY have quite a few wild hemp fields growing. It's from the days the hemp was grown for rope, sail cloth and other things. I think you can find wild hemp growing in most states somewhere. We use to call it Roadside Nohigh.

Search google:

"Wild marijuana in" ... Iowa pops up?

I do remember watching a movie a few years back where they explained how in Europe it grows wild, but has little to no THC. I know it wasn't America....

Old article but its true for every yr

hXXp://www.talkleft.com/story/2006/09/08/043/34812

Indiana grew tons of hemp for rope and such, all the fields went to "pot" lol and it grows wildly in the ditches there (so I'm told, at least)....junk dope that would be good for nothing but hemp.

I wonder how many deadbrains who dunno what hemp is try to smoke each year's crop of feral buds and get a hellacious headache.

I have also heard that indiana has alot of wild hemp growing.

I know of atleast 5 spots here in a 10 mile radius where there's plants as far as the eye can see. Its like heaven until you get up close and see what it really looks like :( then its Luke a nightmare

Nothing even to smoke, they don't really grow buds just weird looking seed pods

Police find and spray but they always come back.

Whats fun is setting on the 4wheelers on the Hatfield/McCoy trails watching LEO make a big deal out of cutting down a few 100 plants

I was just reading something the other day about how the cops in Kentucky, and the surrounding area, spend all day cutting that stuff down and report it as top grade MJ. :giggle: Nice job officer Fife. :doh:

powerplanter said:
I was just reading something the other day about how the cops in Kentucky, and the surrounding area, spend all day cutting that stuff down and report it as top grade MJ. :giggle: Nice job officer Fife. :doh:
Thats all hype. The cops want the people to think they aren't wasting our money.

while the LEAA was pumping money into cannabis killing, in Indiana they would sit by the hemp fields to bust and ruin the lives of high school kids who'd come to pick what they thought was pot. very sad tripe and the state got reimbused for the weight of weed they 'confiscated'. same with other midwestern farm belt states. throughout the midwest the national guard units got their helicopter flight time & money for cruising the hemp fields.

during WW2 the government paid farmers to grow hemp for a variety of industrial uses. now the fields are very well propagated but not good for hemp and definately not as pot. but the kids don't know that and harvest tons of worthless crap every year.

OGKushman said:
Thats all hype. The cops want the people to think they aren't wasting our money.

It's not hype! I have seen them haul the trash off of coal mine reclaim projects then be on the 6 oclock news saying it was a major pot field they kept off the streets. It happen in KY, OH and WV every yr.

I've seen a movie about how they would wait for native Americans that grow hemp to get ready to harvest then cut and burn their crop right before harvest. But in the same sentence tell them that they can legally grow it. That's insane.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
during WW2 the government paid farmers to grow hemp for a variety of industrial uses. now the fields are very well propagated but not good for hemp and definately not as pot. but the kids don't know that and harvest tons of worthless crap every year.

There's always some kids thinking they'll make a big haul and be in "weed" for months....except it's really truly actual weed.

Latest posts

Back