Excited to grow medicine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatchbud

Reaction score
So being a lifelong gardener and a disabled veteran the last 10 years, It was only a matter of time before I decided to try my hand at growing my own medicine. I just bought a 2 room 8 x 4 ft tent. Figure I can use one room to veg and one room to flower. Got my lights all picked out but I can't get them till after Christmas, so I'm itching to buy them. As I am a reeftank guy and already experienced with LED's, that's also what I will be using for my grow. I have been gifted some feminized seeds so my first grow will be Three kings. I eventually want to go all organic, but as this is my first grow, I will be keeping it simple for now. I am really looking forward to this grow!

Hey Squatch. Welcome to the club here. If you want to keep it as simple as possible, can I recommend you try General Hydroponics GoBox? It is organic(supposedly) and in the box you get all the nutes you will need to successfully grow some nice smoke. The advantage of organic(from what I have been told and also from recent experience) is you don’t have to be a stickler as far as pH goes. I tried going with chemical nutes and totally screwed up a couple of grows because I was used to not checking pH. Also, if you want to get started vegging, I have had good results using a 4 bulb 4 foot T5 fixture. My plants seem happy with it. Or to get thru Christmas, you can just use CFL bulbs. Just checked on Amazon and you can get the box of all the nutes for $40.

And folks here are really helpful. I am a refugee from a couple of other grow forum where a lot of people just seem unhappy and want to take it out on other posters.

Hi Squatch! Welcome. You are halfway there being a gardener. Let us know how we can help you. This cannabis is a great hobby that helps a bunch of folks with a lot of medical issues. So glad you are here.

Squatch -Welcome to MP from another old vet !-- Cuz they almost kilt me with morphine -- I was a legal junkie for most of a decade -I slipped on a wet floor in the operating room after 20 years and broke my fall with my face !-It didn't turn out so well - I survived cold turkey and learned to make my own medicine -- For me it is cannacaps -- 3 doses a day and I regained my weight and am doing pretty good ! -- Anyway anything U need to know about growing lives here -- U got experience so pot pest may be the place for U to catch up on -- Rose is the organic queen she won't lead U wrong !
Again Welcome to MP

Hey Squatch. Welcome to the club here. If you want to keep it as simple as possible, can I recommend you try General Hydroponics GoBox? It is organic(supposedly) and in the box you get all the nutes you will need to successfully grow some nice smoke. The advantage of organic(from what I have been told and also from recent experience) is you don’t have to be a stickler as far as pH goes. I tried going with chemical nutes and totally screwed up a couple of grows because I was used to not checking pH. Also, if you want to get started vegging, I have had good results using a 4 bulb 4 foot T5 fixture. My plants seem happy with it. Or to get thru Christmas, you can just use CFL bulbs. Just checked on Amazon and you can get the box of all the nutes for $40.

Thanks for the heads up on the go box. That said, I was still gonna go soil, the grow box is hydroponic. Can I still use those nutes with soil?

Squatch -Welcome to MP from another old vet !-- Cuz they almost kilt me with morphine -- I was a legal junkie for most of a decade -I slipped on a wet floor in the operating room after 20 years and broke my fall with my face !-It didn't turn out so well - I survived cold turkey and learned to make my own medicine -- For me it is cannacaps -- 3 doses a day and I regained my weight and am doing pretty good ! -- Anyway anything U need to know about growing lives here -- U got experience so pot pest may be the place for U to catch up on -- Rose is the organic queen she won't lead U wrong !
Again Welcome to MP
Excuse me for jumping in here but you mention you use canacaps. Your own making or medical outlet ?

Sorry. I grow in soil too. GoBox works in soil. Measurements are on the packaging box.

Ooops scuse my poor manners and welcome Squatch ! I.hope to lern lots from you old experienced fellas ;)

The company name (General Hydro) is kinda deceiving.

I think they are a pretty big company. Maybe owned by Miracle Grow or Monsanto or Bayer. Hope not but General Hydroponics GoBox works for me and seems pretty consistent. Probably used it for 10 grows in soil. Someday I will make teas and use bat guano, kelp and Epsom salts but for my aptitude, it is a pretty easy system. Sorry. I am buzzed and I ramble when I am buzzed...

Blue I'm in Texas they throw yoass in jail for a dirty pipe down here !-- I make my own cannacaps -- Pretty simple process -- Bake weed for half hour at 240 degrees F. (Too high to convert to C)-- That turns the THC acid into the active form of THC that can be obsorbed in your belly -- I order a big bag of empty 00 size gel caps from amazon -- After the weed cook and cool I crumble it into small pieces so it will pack into the caps easier -- I got a chop stick I use to pack it in tight !--
Take with food or a spoon of oil (coconut works for me) !
Takes about an hour to kick in -- I eat more weed than I smoke !-- Try it !-- U have to find your own dose but a couple 00 gel caps might be close for a novice !-- Don't be afraid to get too high !-- You'll live!--
OF still alive and that dog eat brownies all the time -- Half high THC and half high CBD and it'll fix what ever is wrong with U !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Keef is right on it. Edibles.

Latest posts

Back