First grow, Jack herer on 1000's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would keep them on 18/6 if that is where they are now. and yes, V35 is right, have fun. Be careful. We may be legal in WA. state but people can rip you off. tell no one.

go back to 24 hours of light for veg!!! Jeez you put all that work in such a nice grow room only to slow things down by using a time shcedule that is worthless!! and only slows progress. Who cares about your clones when they are ready, put them under da light, but let your plants grow right with 24hours of light until flower then 12/12 only.. the bigger/longer the VEG the more bud you will have. Your wasting 6 hours of growth every day this equals alot of bud wasted!! good luck and have fun! 24veg/ 12/12 flower!!!

Ok so I think I will switch it back to 24/0 then if thats the consensus... And I was just in there and like two of my plants are wilting fairly bad.... I dont kno what to do about it i watered them like 3 days ago with nutes ( FF - Grw Big ), so the only thing I could think of is to water them since its been three days and the soil was kinda dry about an inch down into the soil, help!!!

Rosebud said:
i would keep them on 18/6 if that is where they are now. and yes, V35 is right, have fun. Be careful. We may be legal in WA. state but people can rip you off. tell no one.
Yea I gotta be careful of that, my buddy is a quad and people rip him off everyonce in awhile and its kinda really sad, who the **** does that?

Anything? Anyone? lol heeeeeellllllloooooo

wannabegrower said:
go back to 24 hours of light for veg!!! Jeez you put all that work in such a nice grow room only to slow things down by using a time shcedule that is worthless!! and only slows progress. Who cares about your clones when they are ready, put them under da light, but let your plants grow right with 24hours of light until flower then 12/12 only.. the bigger/longer the VEG the more bud you will have. Your wasting 6 hours of growth every day this equals alot of bud wasted!! good luck and have fun! 24veg/ 12/12 flower!!!

Geez bro....while I agree 24-0 is quicker then 18-6 for veg I don't think the situation is as dire as your post makes it sound.:)

For the record 18-6 light schedule is not worthless.

Looks good, Ive heard this strain is really good and want to try some myself.

Have ever thought about closing off a small 2x2 area for a mother? Its easy to keep some CFL'S or I use a 2x2 T5 for lights.

Its been about 5 years now Ive kept my white widow going this way.
I bought 10 seeds then, started 3, and Ive got 7 seeds left today.

Mother plants do rock....I have around 7 moms now. HO T5's is what they live under....so easy to run from clone as well.

That would be a good idea I even have an extra outlet I can run the lights and a cpl small fans on..... hmm im not too good at thinking of ideas for smaller areas anyone have any ideas from my pics?

Thanks hamster rep given!

Growdude said:
Its been about 5 years now Ive kept my white widow going this way.
I bought 10 seeds then, started 3, and Ive got 7 seeds left today.
I looked at ur widow thread and they are monsters man look very nice! I bet that was great smokin

Real nice looking set up RS.
I am with Growdude though, I would try to partition off the back section of the room for flowering. That way you can use the front section for clones, mothers whatever without disturbing the sleep of the ladies at the back.
The bench you have on the right hand side looks prime to use for clones under a small 2x2 T5 underneath and the top for moms. I just use a table for a simal result http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54250

I would also go back to 24/7 lights since you gain 1/3 extra growth that way and dont get as much stretch.

Green mojo fella.
Stay frosty W

So, I am going to make a clone/mother chamber somehow or another, I already have 2 - 4' x2 bulb t12 fluros.... there four feet tho that seems kinda long. I do kno that t5's, CFLS, and t8's are ideal but will these suffice for the time being so I dont have to spend any extra cash? Im thinkin like a 5' tall 4x4 space.... i dunno

rotten_socks420 said:
So, I am going to make a clone/mother chamber somehow or another, I already have 2 - 4' x2 bulb t12 fluros.... there four feet tho that seems kinda long. I do kno that t5's, CFLS, and t8's are ideal but will these suffice for the time being so I dont have to spend any extra cash? Im thinkin like a 5' tall 4x4 space.... i dunno

Remember that it all comes back to lumens per sqr foot....so make your clone/mom space big enough for what you want to do but you will need to get close to 3000 lumens per sqr foot...as for t12's I think they are the least efficient out of T5, T8, and t12....shld still work though..just not a 4x4 area...that wld need 36000 lumens for veg. Not sure of the output on t12.

rotten_socks420 said:
Ok so I think I will switch it back to 24/0 then if thats the consensus... And I was just in there and like two of my plants are wilting fairly bad.... I dont kno what to do about it i watered them like 3 days ago with nutes ( FF - Grw Big ), so the only thing I could think of is to water them since its been three days and the soil was kinda dry about an inch down into the soil, help!!!

Not sure what FF soil u r using. My guess is ocean forest. That soil is hot. No need to feed for atleast the first month some strain sooner. Give them some PH correct water.

Dont forget about ventilation for your veg cab. I recommend the T5, it makes nice short bushy plants with tight nodes.

gypsydog said:
Not sure what FF soil u r using. My guess is ocean forest. That soil is hot. No need to feed for atleast the first month some strain sooner. Give them some PH correct water.
Im not using a fox farms soil just the nutes my soil is a mix i get from a distributing business, mixed with soil perlite vermiculite, also I do believe they r older then a month I got them when they were like 2 weeks n ive had em for like almost 3 ive only fed them twice..

maineharvest said:
Dont forget about ventilation for your veg cab. I recommend the T5, it makes nice short bushy plants with tight nodes.
I decided against making a cab. because I have an external closet that im eyeballing... I need enough room for thirty plants in both stages, ive got a partner who is also legal. the closet is probably about 4 feet wide ten feet deep and 9-10 ft high, ill add pics prob tomorrow of it.

rotten socks I'm legal in wa too, but I thought you couldn't have plants out in the open.

Hamster Lewis said:
Geez bro....while I agree 24-0 is quicker then 18-6 for veg I don't think the situation is as dire as your post makes it sound.:)

For the record 18-6 light schedule is not worthless.

OK whatever dude, maybe your respected on this site! BUT saying stuff like that just kills me! DUDE it is 1/3 of your veg time taken away for nothing / no good reason at all, no purpose at all... What is the purpose of six hours of darkness?? What does it do for the plant?? OH NOTHING AT ALL, Save a couple dollars a month in electric only to lose bud.. So if you do the math, 1/3 veg time lost = 25% LESS product in the end..

For the record 18-6 is not only worthless it is plain out stupid!!! bro
I guess that is why I am a junior member and will always be, lol funny. I better not post anymore in trouble now! lol

Hi wannabe,
How you doing? you sound very passionate about growing.
My plants like to rest and replenish while lights are out. Cannabis was grown outdoors first. It had lights out. It is not a waste of time. Good luck to you. If you wanna be, maybe you should wanna learn.

Rosebud said:
Hi wannabe,
How you doing? you sound very passionate about growing.
My plants like to rest and replenish while lights are out. Cannabis was grown outdoors first. It had lights out. It is not a waste of time. Good luck to you. If you wanna be, maybe you should wanna learn.
rose, honestly, your plants 'do not' need a rest. They aren't human or animal, and WILL respond to light (photosynthesize) for as many hours as they are allowed.
It actually is a waste of veg' time, and will prolong your veg'/maturation period, while inhibiting growth and promoting stretch... "IMO/E

In my very humble opinion they are a living bunch of organisms that I am asking a great deal of. I take away the sun and replace it with as good as I can, but it still isn't the sun, I take away fresh air, and pump in fresh air, I crowd it, I burn it. The way Mother Earth first gave us this joyful plant, it had lights out. It is the least I can do for it.
I understand photosynthesis I think.:p

I love this place.

Latest posts

Back