First Indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kupunakane

I made this box last year,
Have been looking forward to doing this, and although it is my first Indoor grow, I know I will end up doing fine with all the help you guys have been for me. I raised the containers up off the floor for more warmth to them and for ease of getting at them. The containers underneath are just empty paint cans that I got from my nieghborhood.
Lights are six 40 watt 42" grow lights, output is approx 3300 lumens per tube.
One guy popped up and is either Early Girl or Blue Mystic, LOL not sure which cause I got them mixed up by accident.
This is what I have in the soil.
1. Haze
2. Blue Mystic
3. Early Girl
4. Shiva Shanti
5. Super Skunk #1

Like I said with the Blue Mystic and the Early Girl, I only have one or the other.LOL
Here is what it all looks like, Oh yeah the boxes dimensions as far as I can remember are 3.5 deep x 5 wide x 6.5 tall, double door though I only use one for now.
Here are some pics: SH100009.JPG

SH100170.JPG

SH100003.JPG

SH100005.JPG

Hope you like them, and comments are most certainly welcome. That is how we learn right ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I have always had problems with big sativas indoors, great smoke but never enough room. I look forward to your grow and see how things go. Maybe a little GREEN MOJO!

Good luck, looks like you have plenty of room to grow.:D

Did you paint the inside of the doors white?

No,
I didn't get to that door yet as it's a new door, the original door met with a bad end. So I still got to paint this one. Just need to get to it, thanks for the reminder though.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

This looks like fun, I really like the strains you picked. I will be following this one. Good luck

Whats up KK. Everything looks great mang. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost. :aok:

I didn't realize you hadn't broken the box in just yet. You know I'll be watching! :D

Thats a real nice box you made there bro, real nice!!!:holysheep::holysheep::eek::eek:

Thanks you guys,
Yeah, I'm nervousing over this. That first one is just sitting there, and I've seen NO changes in three days. The worst of it is my seeds are not popping. I am rather a stickler with what I grow, so I try very hard to get it all perfect, but this indoor is messing with me. LOL
After my near disastor with the pink stuff growing on my wet papertowel, I decided to just germ them under soil. Bad mistake, I'm starting to think. At least in the papertowel I could see if nothing was happening and throw out the bums ya know ?
These beans have been under soil for 5 days now, and NO signs of anything happening yet, tempted to dig them up and have alook see, but I will wait a tad longer.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hey is this really your first indoor? If so don't get discouraged, there is a small learning curve. I got my fingers crossed for you. Also I missed the pink stuff on the towel, what happened exactly? was it like a fungus or something?

Yeppers,
this really is my first time ever doing a growbox, and Indoors. It's driving me nuts. Actually it's the beans doing it, all their fault as usual, ha - Ha.
The first round of germing was cut short when the towel was starting to develope pink spots that were half the size of a dime. Don't know what it was. I just assumed it was some sort of creeping crud, and saw no benifit to the seeds so I stopped the germing and put the beans into soil straight away.
The growbox was cycling and steady at about 74* degrees, and my lights set at 18/6 using six 40 watt 48 inch grow lights that put out 3300 lumens each. That should do ok for while I'm vegging, then I will have a 400 watt HPS strong in blue spectrum.
Only one bean popped, and that is the one you see in the pic. Got a strange deformity to one leaf of the first set. Normally I would toss this, but I'm trying to be patient ya know.
I just boiled a cup of distilled water, and treated a fresh paper towel to the heated water. That should kill most bacteria, and spores.
I just started to germ:
1. 4 Shiva Shanti
2. 3 California Orange Bud
3. 4 Skunk #1

I set them into the grow room sanwiched between to shallow plates to make it dark. But in there for the warmth. Just read that some beans need higher temps to pop. Interesting Hmmmmmm.

Why do beans have to be in the dark when germing anyways ? always done it, but never really understood it ya know ?

Beans on wet towel at 2:45 today, can't wait to see what happens, but I do need an answer to the question about germing in the dark. Why ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I'm not totally sure but if I had to take a guess I would say since roots don't like light and it kills them that a taproot emerging might die cause of light. Just a guess...I do not know for sure but that is what I always assumed.

mind if I ask about your soil?

Hey there snuggles,

Friend, I do not mind your asking at all. I'm sure your right about the roots, and as for soil, I am using miracle grow-moisture control- potting soil.
After all the different things that I have experienced with my soils I normally would blend my own. On this occasion I thought it better if I went with the MG cause I can screw up most things pretty quick. LOL and I wanted to make sure I was working from a same -same for all type deal ya know. Helps to eliminate some of the guess work if any thing should go sour.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Cool I was just curious. Now that doesn't have any time release food, I don't think the moisture does? Very strange you didnt get anymore sprouts...you seem to know whats up for sure. And I know the frustration feeling...lol. Everytime I germ I feel like I'm gonna be a dad or something, the stress...:eek:

I always do mine in plain soil king and have never had a problem it usualy takes aboput 4 to 5 days is what i do is i put them in the soil barley with any soil on them at all i kind of let a little piece of the top of the seed peek threw the top of the soil and i water it real good once and then let it dry out once the pot is kind of dry is when they usualy sprout for me ive never had a problem ,how far in the soil are u puting the seeds just curious ,but any ways sorry for yackin your ear off lol i cant wait till u get them babys up and growin ur outdoors experience should make it pretty easy for u to do it indoors ,good luck bro im gonna even give u some green mojo lol

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

There it is Yayyyyy,
I decided that I would have a look at the seeds that I am currently germing, and it has been at the time I checked exactly 48 hrs. Hurrah, !!!! There be tiny, and I do mean tiny tap root laid against the side of the seed, but no 1/4 inch stuff.
More like a 16th of an inch, very tiny. two of them are the Skunk#1, and one of them is a C.O.B. I decided to wait untill around mid morning tomorrow befor I do anything with them though to see if the tap root will grow any larger. Tomorrow when I do plant them, just damp soil 1/8 of an inch deep, and a very light spray with the distilled water. Then I am going to let the soil dry a tad. I will also never buy MG potting soil again as I have finally finished fighting off the little knats. I used that sticky yellow tape, and let the soil dry up a bunch.
I too called MG and asked about it, they could give a good ****, so I called a friend of mine that ownes a 200 acre nursery, and uses tons of their products, and had him call them, as soon as they were done with their ** about not caring, He cancelled all his orders with them. That comes out around a $15,000 order and man did his phone start to ring with other reps from MG. He told them that since they no longer care about what they give to customers, he couldn't possibly take the risk himself, as it would cost a fortune to him. Clients won't purchase large quantities of knat infested bi-annuals and perennials. LOL

What goes around , comes around
I will try to grab a photo or two of the tap roots on the seeds

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Hey kahuna, try to get some fox farm ocean forrest, its a little pricey but has all the good stuff in it. I just add some perlite for better drainage.

Good luck, I am sure your babies are gonna do great.

Good luck on your grow, KK.

Slow germ rates on seeds are caused by lower temperatures. Even if the seed is wet.

85 degrees seems to work well for me on activating those little germination hormones.

good luck with your grow,nice box oneday i will have a garage.extra green mojo for the ladies.

Latest posts

Back