First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HemperFi said:
I know you ain't tryin to rain on my parade Roddy. I appreciate your concern. My seedlings have been in the dirt for a couple of weeks already. They are growing slowly because of me, but I believe I have a small clue now. I have been getting some great instructions in here from some world class growers (you included) and I am feeling good about my humble state of affairs -- and if I thought I had room for a 4ft T5 I would certainly buy one, but unless I rip out something else in the back of this boat, I better just settle for the small one. I put the new seeds by the window in the head for now. The seeds were way different than the "Poison Mighty Mite" seeds, about twice the size and lots of color and tiger stripes. They will only be a couple of weeks behind. I'll find a place for them :)

Not trying to rain on your parade either, but.....

Be sure to check the lumens on the 2' T5s you buy. Most of them are only going to put out about 2000 lumens per bulb.

If you do not have room for 4' T5s, you are probably not going to have room for all those plants. The plants that have been in dirt for a couple of weeks are probably going to take a 4 more to show sex, especially as they are growing slow. Your tent is going to hold like 6 plants comfortably. I understand getting excited, but yes, there is absolutely such a thing as habving too many plants. In addition, more plants do not mean more yield. Plants crammed in too small a space will, IMO, usually actually produce less.

The color and size of the seeds has nothing at all really to do with the quality of the seeds.

Been sittin here thinkin over the situation -- what's the worst that can happen? I'll have too much weed -- worse things have happened :)

and I know the look of the seed hasn't much to do with quality -- I was just commenting on the beauty of them.I used a magnifying glass and tweesers when I put them in the rockwool....

I'm figuring I'll end up with six or seven plants in the tent -- some clones for the next grow on the side with a few seedlings. I think I can pull it off. We will see The boat is rocking....

HemperFi said:
Been sittin here thinkin over the situation -- what's the worst that can happen? I'll have too much weed -- worse things have happened :)

Too much weed? No. Overcrowding is not good and WILL affect your yield adversely.

Roddy said:
lol, you're gonna put immature plants into budding?? I really think you're setting yourself up for disaster. You really need to mature the gals before flipping.

Now clones would be a different story...but you've got to grow the seeds out first.

Sorry to beat up the blind guy here ... but that is not true. Simply not true. You need to wait at least three weeks of veg before 12/12. You DO NOT need them to be "mature". If he has many seedlings the best is to wait until three weeks before fliping otherwise it will be a space problem.
You do not need to grow big plants. And Hemper is not used to train plants ( neither do i).

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this BHO, placing immature plants into budding means they'll stretch as they are in dark cycle until they do mature. This has been my experience at least. I've not seen and have also read from others that flipping before mature will not "force" maturity.
We're not talking vegging to get bigger, nor training, we're talking taking to maturity.

edit...I suppose you don't "need" to, but it's best to.

Well being a habitual tent over crowder myself I can attest to the fact that it does hurt your yield and it is generally bad for the overall health of all the plants in your grow space in my opinion....especially if you don't hve spot on ventilation and you don't hve plenty of air movement between plants. You tend to get a lot of dead pockets of air that collect around the plants.

Jmo

Switching to 12/12 will force flowering. The 12/12 dark cycle forces the production of the sexual hormone. It can take one week, two weeks perhaps longer if the veg time is to little.

Wanna a bet that mines that are not "mature" will stretch ( of course because of 12 hours light off ) but will show sex in less then 1 week, 1 and a half ?

If i waited for 6 or 7 weeks until "mature" or shown preflowers i would have monsters !!! Ask Rosebud the difference between lenghts of grow between our grows. And i tell you buddy the quality is EDIT

I'm betting waiting that extra week to week and a half would have brought you to maturity, it doesn't always take 6 weeks, but maybe 5. You say yourself it can take 1-2 or even longer, that's because that's what it takes.

Stretching is not favorable if you can avoid it.

Different ways of growing Roddy. Let's see how this grow will go regarding yield for a 600 hps. One. Then we can talk ;).

:aok:

Tickles me

I love the feed back -- and yes, the proof is in the pudding -- we will see.

since yesterday -- they could use a little stretch.

100_0356.JPG

100_0357.JPG

100_0358.JPG

100_0359.JPG

100_0360.JPG

100_0361.JPG

100_0363.JPG

100_0365.JPG

100_0364.JPG

The first three look okay, but the other three are deformed or something. The clones look fine today. I fed them this morning, and they are resting nicely under the CFLs.

That 2nd to last pic is going to be a darling. I count about 8 good growth tips there,already. My prediction is that ,that one will be the favorite. Of course that is pure speculation.:D

Solanero said:
That 2nd to last pic is going to be a darling. I count about 8 good growth tips there,already. My prediction is that ,that one will be the favorite. Of course that is pure speculation.:D

It's called "White Power." I haven't looked it up yet, but I believe you are right about her being the star. The "AK-47" will be a nice plant as well, But the WP is sucking up the nutes and has definate potiential. I just hope one of the others is female.

I have a prob that I have been thinking about for a couple of weeks now and can't uite figure out. I need to exhaust my tent and be able to control the enviornment in there during the dark period. I have just been turning the AC on and off and up and down, and it sometimes gets a little out of control. How do I get full control of what is going on in there when the door is closed? I know I need an exhaust fan -- at least 400 CFM -- how do they attach to the tent holes? (flanges?) AND, can I connect the inline fan on the light into the outlet for both exhaust fans? How? I need to figure this out soon and order what I need. I have a few weeks before I will have to close up the tent for 12/12 but I want it right -- I have a timer on the lights -- do I need another for the big exhaust fan? This is a Chinese puzle for my old brain, lol HELP!

I don't have a set-up like that but i think i understand what you are saying/needing. Do you have an inline fan,?first. Those tents have 6inch sleeves on the sides,right? Those are for the ducting and you cinch the string thingy down for light leaks. IE. fan(outside tent) ducting>thrusleeve>to cooltube>scrubber,or,ducting>scrubber. The scrubber being your carbon filter if and when needed. Then run a duct out from the other side of fan so all the hot air goes somewhere(else). At the connections some ppl use those screw down collar things or zip ties ,duct tape.
Does that help? And for noise control you could put a speed control on the fan, so at night when its cooler it could be turned down. Also , This was a set up using passive air intake,which should suffice for most ppl. If that does'nt suit you , you would need another inline(smaller) to provide an active air intake. In which case you could draw in cool night air directly from outside,thus eliminating the need for a/c.
Or did you know all that and meant something else?? LOL:p

HemperFi said:
I have a prob that I have been thinking about for a couple of weeks now and can't uite figure out. I need to exhaust my tent and be able to control the enviornment in there during the dark period. I have just been turning the AC on and off and up and down, and it sometimes gets a little out of control. How do I get full control of what is going on in there when the door is closed? I know I need an exhaust fan -- at least 400 CFM -- how do they attach to the tent holes? (flanges?) AND, can I connect the inline fan on the light into the outlet for both exhaust fans? How? I need to figure this out soon and order what I need. I have a few weeks before I will have to close up the tent for 12/12 but I want it right -- I have a timer on the lights -- do I need another for the big exhaust fan? This is a Chinese puzle for my old brain, lol HELP!

Try and find the TGC Tent Growers Club thread in the Indoor section....it has pics of a bunch of different tent set ups by different peeps. You might get an idea or two from it. I will see if I can track it down and link it here in this thread.

Latest posts

Back