First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, Roddy, JAAM, and Merry Christmas to you and all of my new family here in MP.

Have a joyous, relaxing and stoned day :)

About cloning: I'm not going to change up my style of taking clones, but there is something I am going to change. I am going to take clones BEFORE the plants show sex. I reasoned before that it would be a lot of extra work, and I would have to toss all the male clones anyway, but I do not want my clones to have to re-vedge before they can begin to grow out, and that is what is happening now. From now on I'm going to take clones from all my plants before they show sex, and Just toss the males when their mother's show. Can't be a lazy farmer and get the results I am after.

I am also going to begin giving all my plants a dark time. It will only be 4 hours in vedge, but I believe things go on in the dark we may not be aware of -- things go bump in the night. Ambient light during vedge will not cause any harm, so I will turn off the vedge lights during the hottest part of the day for 4 hours.

I have been too concerned about stretch. A little stretch isn't always a bad thing -- I see.

My clones -- I only have 3, have re-vedged now, so I will put them in 1 gal. pots today and hope they begin to grow. They will. I don't want to lose the AK-47, and I wanted a clone of the Sativa just in case it is a keeper.

Farming takes a bit of planning and timing and luck and can become very complicated, but I am going to try and simplify the process into a certain number of steps. It is easy to see what needs to happen next -- knowing why these things need to happen is a little more complex -- but like the man said in the beginning, "It ain't rocket science."

Peace

I was in vedge when the plants showed sex -- caught me off guard, and by the time I took the clones they were flowering. I do need to be able to recognize males a little sooner than in the past.

I just ordered my Extreem Q vaporizer -- it is on the way :) $239.00 w/grinder. Can't wait to try it out :)

HF

Puff, I think the 4 hours of dark in vedge will do ME more good than the plants -- just something I want to see...

Thanks again for being here, Bud.

HF

I've decided to go the other direction. Instead of giving the Cheese 4 hours of dark time, I've raised the light a little and turned the ballast from 450 to 600w. Amazing how much brighter that is -- it isn't hot on them, and I can always raise the light a little higher. What do you think?

HF

HemperFi said:
I was in vedge when the plants showed sex -- caught me off guard, and by the time I took the clones they were flowering. I do need to be able to recognize males a little sooner than in the past.

I just ordered my Extreem Q vaporizer -- it is on the way :) $239.00 w/grinder. Can't wait to try it out :)

HF

No, they were not really flowering in veg--they were just showing preflowers. It does not take any longer for clones to root on plants with preflowers than those without if they are all still in veg. When you flip a plant to 12/12, different hormones within the plant start which signals flowering time--THIS is what makes a plant go through reveg. If you are still in vegging light, this doesn't have to happen as there are no flowering hormones going. Until you put the plants in 12/12 and this starts, all the plants in veg should root equally well, whether they are showing preflowers or not.

I also agree with Puffin on the 4 hours of dark. There really is no upside and several downsides.

Okay then -- Them clones took roots pretty quick, but they looked to me like they were flowering when I put them in pots, and it has taken a long time for them to begin growing again -- I just thought they had gone into flower mode and were re-vedging -- they are growing again now though :)

I have once again bent to the wisdom of Puff (and you, darling Goddess) and have put them on 24/0 under 600w MH. Here is what they look like after a night of blazing light -- and a shot or two of the ladies in the tent quietly getting heavy with dank.

Any time I see a message from the Goddess I know I'm going to be repremanded for something -- it's like being called into the principles office . lol

100_1001.JPG

100_1004.JPG

100_1002.JPG

100_1005.JPG

100_1007.JPG

The ladies in the tent are about a month into 12/12 -- there have been no issues so far. The PMM (poison mighty mite) has some cal/mag issues, and I have realized they just can't take the same nutes as the Indica dom plants. The MB (mountain bud) is also a Sativa dom plant and is showing a little sign of overnuteing, but they will be fine -- I'm adjusting to their needs to the best of my limited ability. I sure do love this hobby. I'm having a great time out here on the boat, and the weather has been sweet for weeks :) So far it has been a great winter for us here on the ol'boat

I like u Hemper, you're outspoken about the actualities of cannabis culture. You've gotten the swing of things down pretty pat, the rest comes with first hand experience. And yes, if THG pops in u know you've been called to task...lol. But what she says is truth and always meant for the betterment of your garden..:cool2:

keeper green, you're doin' an excelent job so far.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

lol, Yes, 7, I know the Goddess -- and I usually listen :) Thanks soo much for the words of encouragment -- means a lot...

Thanks to you too Bubba -- feel free to comment anytime.

HF

Not meant as a reprimand and I hate that you feel that way...I was just trying to clarify a misconception....

I was speaking (writing) in jest dear Goddess -- you may pop in any time you want -- I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings -- you always help, and I'm not afraid of you (much) :)

Happy New Year -- my friend

I was back in the room about noonish, and the power went off. It stayed off for 3 or 4 hours -- the girls in the tent just sat there in the dark -- do you think a few hours of darkness during their light time will hurt them? -- Hermies?

They don't look any the worse for wear.

No. interruption of the light period will not cause problems. It is interruption of the dark period that causes problems. I have frequent power outages and do not start the generator unless it threatens to be a long power outage.

Thanks THG -- I was thinking that as well, but wasn't really sure -- I am sure happy you are around tho :)

I have a genset here on the boat -- I should get someone to look into getting it running -- it's on the list. I have never even started up this boat. The starboard engine is brand new re-built, but they put old gas in it, and the carbs are gummed up in both engines -- then there are cables and hydrolic steering -- all on the list, but I am digging this set up even if it doesn't run -- it still floats :) I do have a couple of other boats to tool around in. The steering on my 20ft ski boat is a little tight since I ran over the tractor tires that protect the marina. It was dark, I was a little drunk and we hit those tires at about 40 knots ,-- flew like something you might see on Miami Vice, but no injuries (minor) and the boat still works fine -- just a little stiff stearing. It was one of those mistakes you only make once. I love it out here on the lake, and the weather has been fantastic for weeks -- it is sunny and clear today -- nice last day of the year :)

Peace

The Cheese is a crusin along -- looking real nice so far...

I femmed the two Sativas on the right of the pic last week. There are many, many bud sites a growing on them now -- they mshould be some fine producers -- hope I have room for them :)

100_1017.JPG

Latest posts

Back