First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jack Happy New Year my friend

I was just sitting in my room a while ago looking things over w/ my magnafying glass and noticed something on the leaves of one of the PMM, so I took a leaf and put it under my scope -- The BORG! They are back. I immediately sequestered the plant and did a search of the surrounding plants, but I see no sign of them anywhere except the one plant. I had to open the package I recieved in the mail last month to get at the Forbid. I bought 2 four ounce bottles of the stuff -- it took 4 drops in a spray bottle, so I have enough of the stuff to last a life time.

I sprayed the plant outside (scary) and tried real hard not to get the stuff on me -- I wore a glove on the hand I used pushing up leaves to get all of the plant sprayed -- the hand-out in the package said it will last 28 days on the plant. I don't want to spray it on any of my other plants -- I hope like Hell I don't have to. The PMM are so leafy I must have missed some of them when I treated them w/ the SNS 217 -- I don't see ANY sign on any other plant -- yet -- wish me luck.

I guess now that I sprayed the plant I can put it back in the tent, but I'm going to let it dry out first and have a good look before putting it back. I sure don't want them spreading around again, but I believe I have caught them soon enough and on just one plant -- damn, I hope so anyway...

Sheesh.

Are you in Veg hemperfi ??

if in veg let them have it, i find the battle much easier to win in veg.GL

No, dman, the plant infested in in the tent -- about a month away from harvest. I have only found them on the one plant -- so far. They travel from plant to plant on foot, and I have been pretty careful not to let the plants touch one another. I'm real tempted to just pull the plant -- I haven't been able to get these PMM to put out good anyway, and it's my intention to eliminate them from my garden after this grow as it is. DAMN!

Oh &*)(^*(^%$% Hemper. Go get um. can you believe those suckers? How dare them. So sorry again. You'd think you would be safe on a boat for crying out loud. sheesh.

Bummer.....there is a reason we call them "The Borg". Sounds like you are doing all you can. I like to give the plants another light spray 3-5 days after the initial spray.

Thanks Rosy, ain't it the truth -- on a damn boat? How long does it take Forbid to work? I have one of the little devils in the scope right now -- and some eggs -- it doesn't look healthy at all, but it is going from egg to egg doing something -- perhaps it is a male -- bizzar scene... will the Forbid kill the eggs as well? The scene in this scope is truly sci-fi. There are 10 eggs and a dying Borg -- at least I hope it is dying -- it hasn't run out of the light like a healthy one will, and it apears to be suffering -- I don't know, but I have lost my appitite for sure. You are right Rosy, SHEESH!

HemperFi said:
No, dman, the plant infested in in the tent -- about a month away from harvest. I have only found them on the one plant -- so far. They travel from plant to plant on foot, and I have been pretty careful not to let the plants touch one another. I'm real tempted to just pull the plant -- I haven't been able to get these PMM to put out good anyway, and it's my intention to eliminate them from my garden after this grow as it is. DAMN!

The last time I got them I set a deadline for them to be gone or I would have scrapped them, so I know how you feel, I won easily but I had never won easily before so I dont know what happened there, if you think you have an out i would think about taking it, the worst case senerio is not good if they get out of control.
IMO spray and if that isnt effective ditch it, but thats jmo, lots more plants to grow. GL

Hey, Goddess, do you think they could only be on the one plant? I see no sign on other plants that were around the infested plant, and they DO have to hike to another plant, don't they? They don't fly do they? -- I would know that -- sheesh

I tend to agree dman -- If they are still as lively as they are now later tonight -- I will take the plant down -- I believe it is only the one plant...

Peace

I really hope it is isolated to that plant but have serious doubts. They are all females and born pregnant. It is bad sci fi.

I know rosy, just hopeful thinking on my part. They have to be survivors from the last time, and there are bunches of eggs on the plant, although I don't see even eggs on the other plants -- I'll keep looking...

Peace

them look real healthy, I friend from Nor Cal. sent me a bag of cheese, I'm still puffin alittle now and again, real decent!! Femmed a couple , I like it. your a botanical wonder Hempy, hope the New Years brings ya some emerald dreams, lots of GREEN!!!

Hempy I've got the one plant Borg myself,, the big Hoosier Daddy has borg, the one plant, it was delivered after being treated with Azamax, and I didn't retreat it with Forbid, Avid, or floramite, I rotate all 3!! after previous battles, I've found that regular maitenence during veg then early flower, keeps the little crabs at bay, I sprayed about 4 nights ago and didn't wear my regular respirator,I've been feeling bad!!! make sure you use full protection, eyes too.
anyway i did a sequesture, let 1500 ladybugs go on her, then i put her out in the cold at night and bring her back in in the morning, the Borg hates the cold, she hasn't infected any other plants, the Mrs. put the lighted magnifing glass on everything a couple times, found zero. Anyway I'm gonna go over to my HD thread, alot happening I want to share.

Hey Hempy, here's my quarenteened plant, I let the big bugs go after the little bugs lol,, 1500 ladybugs for 10 bucks, I gotta let her finish I gotta taste her mature, I'm dyein here dude, I've cloned and recloned and have a 10 plant Hoosier DaddY harvest planned for saint Patricks day, this plant is my future without tasting her, no way will I spray her with anything, I put her outside everynight, it's been about 40 degrees, keeps the borg from goin to crazy, the cold in my very humble opinion helps some with building up trichomes, they seem to put them on like a coat when i let the environment dip to the high 50s, I've done that for full infestation, leave my big discharge fan on 24/7 and it gets as cold as under the house!!! oh ya you mentioned me livin in Paradise, lol I answered that a couple times but I keep losein my posts, not sure now if I told you where my paradise is, I'm within 57 miles of Vancouver, British Columbia, canada> Raymond BURRRR, the Mrs. says paradise lol!!

P1130334.JPG

P1130332.JPG

Hey Skagit, you're not far from me, I'm a 30 minute drive from the border into WA. and about 10 minutes east of downtown Vancouver BC. It really is a paradise when it comes to growing! Temperature is so much easier to regulate when you don't have to cool things down IMO. The only thing that sucks about BC now is the government installing these ridiculous "Smart Meters" for our electricity now. They'll all eventually get taken out because of the problems they're causing everyone, including normal citizens that don't have a horticulture addiction. After the meter got installed in my house my power bill TRIPLED. No equipment or lights were added. as a matter of fact, I got rid of a hot tub, so if anything the bill should have gone down! After calling the hydro company and explaining that they were a bunch of CHAWCHY *****, they informed me that the meter was running at 1.5 times it's normal speed for some reason... If I hadn't called in It never would have been fixed. It still doesn't account for another extra roughly $75 in unaccounted for power consumption.

crooked bastards.....

I heard you can spray (the borg) and then fill your pots ,around the base of the plant with sand or fish gravel and that suffocates the eggs ,thus no 2nd life cycle. If you already knew this , i was never here...Shhh

I just wrote a paragraph that suddenly disapeared -- I wanted to say thanks to Skag for sharing -- somehow knowing that someone else is dealing with these little monsters too eases my mind some. I sequestered the plant away from the rest, sprayed it well w/ Forbid, I even hit it with the vacuum (don't do that) and it is a little tore up, but I don't see any bugs on it yet today. And I don't believe they spread to the other plants. I think this plant (the PMM have lots and lots of leaves, and it was hard to hit all ove it with the SNS 217 -- I did spray well, but obviously not well enough. I beleive I have caught them early enough on the plant to eradicate them -- but we will see. Sorry about the paradice thing -- I thought you were moving to Hawaii -- someone else I guess -- excuse my stondness :) I know the Cheese is Borg free, and the other plants in flower are looking fine -- what a hobby. I do have to say that this outbreak hasn't been like a shot through the heart like the last time -- I feel like I have things under control this time, and it is only one plant. Everything will be okay -- I'm sure... sort of...

Thanks bho -- I think the war is over, and I believe I have won -- we will see my friend.

Peace

I even hit it with the vacuum (don't do that):rofl: :eek:

Sol, Spider Mites lay their eggs on the leaves of the plant (underside). There wouldn't be many eggs in the soil -- I believe you are thinking of another kind of bug. I hope you never have to learn about these devils first hand, my friend.

On another note -- I wish the whole world was as progressive as your country. Portugal rocks!!!

Peace

Latest posts

Back