First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try to get it in jars just before the stems are snapable, once its in jars your ok because if you monitor it regularly you can always pull it back out to dry some more, its a fine line but once you learn it you got it.

i have really big freezer bags, and jars, what this allows me to do is put it in the large bags while still on the stem, then i can open and close the bag as needed until they are just right, then the buds can be removed from the stem and jarred, IMO if you remove the buds from the stem too soon, you speed up the drying process too much, but thats just my opinion.

Congrats ... My wish to you is what i wish for me ... To master this art soon enough :aok:

Happy smokes

:48:

Thanks bho. Mastrery would be real nice -- I'll settle for competency.

dman -- I felt the AK (three days hanging) last night and the stems were cracking a little but not snapping, so I put it in jars this morning. I will keep an eye on it... So, if I open a jar and it feels too damp, I just empty it into a larger container for a while and leave it open? I have 4 full pint jars here -- would hate to screw it up now. I'll probably get 4 more jars off the plants still hanging. I believe that will hold me until the next harvest. I put six plants in the tent yesterday. I didn't pack the jars tight. Here is a pic:

100_0914.JPG

Get two more jars and empty those a little more.3/4 of the jar. Not full.

I didn't weigh it -- don't know that I will. I did pick up a little scale, but I need a 500g weight to calibrate it, and I don't know how to zero it out. It doesn't matter. I am happy. I do wonder what this one plant produced, but that is academic anyway. I just hope it lasts until the next harvest. :)

Peace

okay bho -- how about one more jar. It's to keep some air flow around the buds, right?

Rosy, what I believe I will do is post some occassional pics of the crop in the indoor forum. If I have problems you can bet I'll be asking questions, but I think I'll wait on another journal. My next journal will be Kaliman Cheese. I want to do a good job with some known excellent breeding. I don't know when that will be -- perhaps February. This has been fun, and I feel as though I have grown close to some of you folks. I'll be around....

Peace

The nugs on that plant did shrink up to less than half their original size, but they are dense and sticky, and I am thinking there is at least 3oz -- what do you think?

HemperFi said:
I didn't weigh it -- don't know that I will. I did pick up a little scale, but I need a 500g weight to calibrate it, and I don't know how to zero it out. It doesn't matter. I am happy. I do wonder what this one plant produced, but that is academic anyway. I just hope it lasts until the next harvest. :)

Peace

Easiest way to tare a scale is with an old nickle... One from the 90's should weigh 5g... some of the newer nickles only weight 4.9g tho... that should let you know if your scale is accurate... Ill guess 64grams...

I dont know about american money but canadian bills weigh exactly 1 gram

Thanks JAAM, I must have an old nickle in my change stash. I have some Canadian money somewhere as well -- think it's in storage tho...

I opened a jar after an hour or so and it was feeling a little damp, so I have poured it into a plastic tray to evaporate for a while. This is what it looks like all together:

100_0916.JPG

Please excuse my noobie trimming :) The third plant looks much better. I don't know how much is there. I'll let it dry a while before I weigh it.

You may be close JAAM, but I'm thinking a little more than that... We will see. I do know one thing -- it is some pretty good smoke -- better than I have been paying 100us a quarter for. I am very pleased. :)

I took a few smaller nugs, cut them up and let them dry for an hour or two (time has really gotten wierd for me lately) It smells like spices and tastes a little of pepper and sage, but there is a background hint of sweetness -- like the smell of a flower. It hits easy and carries a punch. A nice mix of Sativa and Indica -- have you grown AK47? I took three hits and then sat back. In just a short time I could feel it wash over me, like my skull had been opened and warm honey had been poured on my exposed brain. I'm high....

sweet :)

Nice Job.. Congrats on your grow Hempe Fi.... :48:

Thank you Ryder -- It's been a long bumpy road, but it is coming to and end very soon. Kinda sad really...

Pints....

It doesn't matter the weight, it's the joy of knowing you can do this again and again and provide for yourself!

You got that right Roddy. it opens a new horizon. To know there is another crop coming just makes my heart swell. Yes, they are pint jars. I don't see myself getting as extreem as you, but I plan to gather together a collection of jars full of some good smoke. I still have three plants on hangers. The WP will go into jars in the morning. The other the next morning. I'm set for a while -- I hope until the next crop comes in. :)

Peace

Latest posts

Back