First Post, First Grow - Northern Lights - Indoor Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 17 (Sep. 25) Final Day Of Veg!

Flowering begins today as they turn off in 3 hours at 8am and wont wake up until 8pm.

Some big changes also occured in our room.

Pic 1 - We needed more power so we drilled through an adjacent wall and used a free plug.

Pic 2/3 - BC - The new cabinet made out of two old Book Cases (and how it got its name BC). It has two stories, the bottom for mothers and larger vegging plants; and the top will be for the newest cuttings and clones. Right now, we just have the bottom with some mothers veggin out ; )

Pic 4/5/6/7 - UNIT - This is also a fairly new cabinet, this of course being our "Unit". He was equipped with a nice new 400w HPS "Flowering Spectrum" just like all of our High Pressure Sodiums, one dual-output pump that is WALL MOUNTED > . We have two tubs both with 4 inch air stones, and both tubs have 6 female NL clones for a total of 12. Also shown is the 'power station' on the wall to keep it up and out of the way for a tidy space. As well, you can see the new ballast along with the one that is there from my cabinet, Depot.

Recap:

It might be a little confusing to read all these names so here's a mini-update.

Depot: My cabinet with 12 plants, a fan to outside, one 400w HPS Fl.Spec. with 'batwing' relfector, multiple pumps, Panda Paper throughout. Day 1 of Flowering is today!
Vet(eran): This cabinet is run by Scrog on this forum. He is in the very late stages of his grow and will be harvesting his 3 lovely ladies within the next week or so. He also has a 400w Fl. Spec. HPS and one dual output pump to two 6 inch air stones. Custom PPaper.
Lzy: Lazy is run by Taco, who has yet to become apart of this site. No pictures of him from me but his plants are doing very nicely almost a month into flowering. He has a 400w HPS Fl.Spec.
Unit: Unit was mentioned earlier, he's new and holds 12 of the newer female clones. He was just fitted with a 400w HPS Fl.Spec. He just started the Veg in Depo about a week ago and got transfered yesterday.
BC: Now holds a 150w HPS over some mothers for the Norther Lights strain.

NOW, TO THE ACTUAL PLANT SHOTS IN DEPO FOR DAY 17/DAY 1 OF FLOWERING.

These are the last 5 shots and are just captions of the plants as they are. They have already been fimmed twice so they are starting to get nice a bushy. I have started my LST and plants seem to be taking to it well. There is, however, one plant that seems to be struggling. She is pictured last and has some serious dryness to her leaves to the point where it crumbles to the touch. I put a splint on her to help her out and it seems to help a bit but ANY HELP OR ADVICE COULD BE APPRECIATED.

There is also one plant that is quite small compared to most but Im sure it will come around, no biggie. (Not Pictured)

Day145.[] 001.jpg

Day145.[] 002.jpg

Day145.[] 003.jpg

Day145.[] 004.jpg

Day145.[] 005.jpg

Day145.[] 006.jpg

Day145.[] 007.jpg

Day145.[] 008.jpg

Day145.[] 009.jpg

Day145.[] 012.jpg

Day145.[] 010.jpg

Day145.[] 011.jpg

Everything is looking great. Nice clean set up with some healthy babies. ;) Keep up the great work looking foward to those fat frosty buds. :aok:

hey dj_destroyer nice setup best of luck mate

looking good dj....i'll definately be following this one....i'm kinda old school and Northern Lights is still one of my favorites....i've been growing a pretty wicked NL x WW cross lately that's pretty good too....

Really diggin the setup..If i was going to do hydro I think i would look this thread back up!:eek:

Everything is going great dude, great work setting those 2 new cabinets up.

Soon we can harvest the first cycle and get a post on the drying curing =D

depo - 12
lazy - 11
Unit - 12
Vet - 3
BC - mother + 5 small guys (getting 4 more clones that have rooted later today)

looking great.but looks like alot of work,i got alot of respect for people who grow hydro.me im a soil guy.good luck

set up looks mad good, what have you got in mind for part 4 (cure)? are you gonna hang, brown bag then jar or what? im having a tough time figuring out what im gonna do for the drying cause i gotta dry outdoors.
good luck with the remainder of your grow man.

Day 24/7 (Oct 1) - From now on, the first day count will be the total, the second will be flowering and the third is obviously the date. So I am at Day 24 total, Day 7 of flowering and Today would be October 1st!

The plants are looking really nice. Fat and Bushy! They have been fimmed twice, and topped once so they have had a fair amount of stress put on them. I've also been continually tying them down and training them for optimal light absorption!

Hairs can now be seen on every plant in multiple locations. Pictures to come in the coming days!

This is amazing! I'm on my first soil grow, but this is really really impressive!

Day 37/20 (Oct. 14)

I haven't updated for 11 days... and no one even noticed; but lucky for you, you will see drastic changes! You will start to remember these plants, they are looking real nice.

It's been a month and a week in total time. The plants are looking real nice almost 3 weeks into flower. We should be SMOKING this stuff by mid December. What an early present:D

They have been taken out of their original cabinet that you see earlier in this thread (named Depo). The plants from Depo were placed into a 6x9 grow room that is to the ceiling (around 9ft). We have two 400watt HPS especially made for flowering accompanied by two 'batwing' reflectors, 5 tubs, 18 plants, 3 pumps, and wall to wall panda paper.

The 6th picture is of the outside of the grow room, to it's right is another identical grow room. There is also a 3rd bigger room to the right of the previous room creating a wall of rooms. They are named (from left to right) Acalpulco, Bueno Vista, Cancun. It's called the Mexico Wall. Naming our cabinets make it easier to refer to them!

The cabinet that these plants came out of are now being used as veg cabi's for some mature clones and mothers... for now at least. (Picture 7)

The last three pictures are of our clone cabinet named BC. We have 3 fluro's on top and a 150w HPS in the bottom. Once clones show roots, they are moved into bigger containers and veg or potentially flower cabinets. Also pictured is our thermometer.

Anyways, pictures speak 1000 words so I will type no longer!:fid:

Northern Touch 026.jpg

Northern Touch 027.jpg

Northern Touch 028.jpg

Northern Touch 030.jpg

Northern Touch 031.jpg

Northern Touch 032.jpg

Northern Touch 039.jpg

Northern Touch 045.jpg

Northern Touch 046.jpg

Northern Touch 048.jpg

Latest posts