First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy James said:
Hey BWD,
Ifin you want hunger supresion. -- try the finnless brown trout.
No disrespect ment.

Reckon say thanks pilgrem but not sure knows this finnless brown trout? And as fur hunger surpressin I aim not to be messin with mother nature! I be a meat eater and killer aim to stay it! Thannks yur firesde but thinks finnless trout might be comin from water I wouldnt dip my pole in ifin ya get me way.

BWD

If my problem would continue; would my next course of action be PH?

Have you had enough advice yet? Welcome to MP.

After letting them dry out, you don't need to measure the water. just water till it comes out of the pots onto the saucer. It is ok to have a lot of water in the drain saucer, then go back and check in 20 min. usually the plant has drank the excess. If not, pour it out. Then do like Hush said and stick your finger in to the second knuckle and see if they are moist still. You will get the hang of it and notice how heavy the pot is when wet and dry.
If your organic you don't need to worry about the ph. Is the perlite sitting in a big pile at the bottom of your pot?

Rosebud said:

After letting them dry out, you don't need to measure the water. just water till it comes out of the pots onto the saucer. It is ok to have a lot of water in the drain saucer, then go back and check in 20 min. usually the plant has drank the excess. If not, pour it out. Then do like Hush said and stick your finger in to the second knuckle and see if they are moist still. You will get the hang of it and notice how heavy the pot is when wet and dry.
If your organic you don't need to worry about the ph. Is the perlite sitting in a big pile at the bottom of your pot?

Shes a smart woman ;)

BWD

Rosebud said:

It is spread about an inch thick on the bottom; loosely. And yes everything I'm using is organic.

I read online on a few forums and a guide that it would help the roots breathe and help with water drainage.

I do something like that with the perlite also. When I transplant I will put about an inch or so layer. Not sure if it helps or not. My thinking is after the transplant the roots can spread easier in just perlite vs dirt. Just a theory.

Wanted to provide a quick update:

I just went into my grow room to turn the lights on, and the plant took a 180. :) The leaves are starting to perk up and it looks like the yellowing is slightly less on most leaves.

Thanks for all the help! I'll be sure to keep updates and monitor the plant closely. :D

now that the lights are on for about an hour, it's looking like it's drooping again..I'm so confused.

Sorry to tells ya but yur plants dont like ya! Might want to stay outa room! Or cut back on yur cologne lol Just yankin ankle pilgrem be might wierd though

BWD

^ LOL. It's okay man I appreciate the lighthearted approach; and I don't wear cologne anyway. :D

It doesn't seem like the drooping is as bad as it was yesterday, but it's for sure drooping.

Overwatering shows the same symptoms of underwatering. They have no oxygen to the roots. When the light hits them it makes it worse. Are they still wet? If yes, you cold stick a pencil in the soil in a few different places.

I stuck my finger in just now and it fells very moist toward the outer edges and mildly moist closer to the plant.

Rainbow_Trout said:
I stuck my finger in just now and it fells very moist toward the outer edges and mildly moist closer to the plant.

Just me ur is it gettin hot in here ;)

BWD

The soil is fairly heavy. I just poke a pencil and make tiny holes around the plant?

Just stick the pencil in about three times all the way down in each plant. They will be fine.

Next time put the bottom perlite in the soil mixed well. jmo

I will next time.

I poked a pencil down 4 times around the plant until I felt it hit the bottom. This should help the plant receive oxygen correct?

Thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back