First time grow, long time lurker; first time poster. Drooping leaves help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll monitor the situation and let you know :D

I'm also going to let the soil dry out a little longer before watering with nutes as previously suggested, I didn't realize how moist the bottom felt.

I can also tell you that you are terribly underlit. If you want this plant to finish out with any kind of buddage, you are going to need a whole lot more light. Flowering plants require a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. Figure out how many square feet are in your space and how many lumens you are running now (or give us the wattage of the bulbs and we can figure the approx lumens) and get some more light in there--at least 5000 lumens per sq ft. The lights should also be a whole lot closer if you are using CFLs. I can also tell you that when you get the number of CFLs in there that you need, you are going to be creating some heat and need a good extraction fan.

I don't have a tape measure handy right now without leaving the house but I know the area is about 5 feet tall x 4 feet wide x 3 1/2 feet deep.

The CFL's are 26w, 1600 Lumens and I'm currently running 8 of them.

I've been debating a HPS lighting but my budget is a big concern, I have about $120 right now outside of my living expenses that I can spend in the immediate future.

Rainbow_Trout said:
I don't have a tape measure handy right now without leaving the house but I know the area is about 5 feet tall x 4 feet wide x 3 1/2 feet deep.

The CFL's are 26w, 1600 Lumens and I'm currently running 8 of them.

I've been debating a HPS lighting but my budget is a big concern, I have about $120 right now outside of my living expenses that I can spend in the immediate future.

Yual buys lot with that mount of skins pilgrem. Go to e-bay or kijiji and yual find just yur need to the right price. I got to highboy lights both 400w mh fur under that, not fur everyone but fill me pouch as needed. Yual dont have to have big skins to make big budds pilgrem ;)

BWD

Any recommendations on how big of a HPS light: wattage, lumens etc? I'm kind of a total newbie when it comes to lighting. I'm also concerned on how I'm going to mount the lighting to the top of my grow area.

I probably will never grow more then one-two plants at a time. I'm just growing for personal usage and maybe a bit of gifting to close friends and family :D

Rainbow_Trout said:
Any recommendations on how big of a HPS light: wattage, lumens etc? I'm kind of a total newbie when it comes to lighting. I'm also concerned on how I'm going to mount the lighting to the top of my grow area.

I probably will never grow more then one-two plants at a time. I'm just growing for personal usage and maybe a bit of gifting to close friends and family :D

Well can tell ya pilgrem yur mind set be bout right fur now LOL One or Two plants is reachable gaol fur sure but I will say once yual get hooked to this hobby yual goin find yurself growen more plants and more often ;) Fur yur need and yur money I am sure you can pick up a 400w mh fixture fur next to nothin and can easily be hung with rope or chain without much trouble. Others say more I bet but 400w would rock 2 plants ;)

BWD

I'm browsing now:

I can just get a kit that would include everything I need, correct? I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything. I also see tons of different reflectors, which one would I want/need?

*edit*

I'm also having a bit of a hard time finding a 400w kit under $120.

would this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400w-400-wa...ium-Kit-Dimm-Green-House-iPower-/160683199645

with the basic reflector and HPS bulb suffice for my grow? I would also need some sort of fan huh?

That looks like a pretty good deal. 90 bucks for a 400W set up.

When you put in the basic reflector and the HPS bulb it shoots up to $117; with free shipping at least.

How would I hang this from the top of my grow room though, I see it has a hanging attachment but what else would I need? I'm also extremely concerned about cooling, this will make my grow room heat-up significantly will it not?

Rainbow_Trout said:
When you put in the basic reflector and the HPS bulb it shoots up to $117; with free shipping at least.

How would I hang this from the top of my grow room though, I see it has a hanging attachment but what else would I need? I'm also extremely concerned about cooling, this will make my grow room heat-up significantly will it not?

Yeah no this all comes with strings attached...growing MJ comes with some costs that are inescapable. Lighting and ventilation are two of the biggest costs, but they also will allow you to grow some Dank smoke. I grow in tents in my spare bedroom. I hang my lights with ez grip hangers. They are hands down the best light hangers.

Hampster is spot on with the costs of this hobby..so be sure you get and extraction fan atleast 80cfm..me personally run 2-3 times the cubic feet ..exchange air in seconds....back to the plant..I let my soil dry complete...ive learned that less is more in this case...

take care and be safe

Lots good folk helpin ya now pilgrem good luck yur trail I will pull stump to yur fire and see just how yual evolve ;)

BWD

I'm wondering if I can go smaller then 400 watts? 150? 250?

I will never go over 1-2 plants because frankly, I can't in my current living situation.

Rainbow_Trout said:
I'm wondering if I can go smaller then 400 watts? 150? 250?

I will never go over 1-2 plants because frankly, I can't in my current living situation.

My first grows were done with 2 150w hps and i did ok filled pouch with product but took some learnin to make it "good" pouch fillin product. Can be done just use yur noodle a little pilgrem yual do just fine.

BWD

You will never be sorry to go as big as you can. Trust us. I was going to grow two plants too, now i want to knock down walls and build on and stuff like that. I started with a 400W quickly added a 600 W and have never looked back. They pay for themselves quickly.

I just know I'll never able to go over 1-2 plants.

A single 250w HPS or even a 150w HPS would suffice for 1-2 plants though?

I guess my main issue here is my grow room is on the smaller side and I'm worried about ventilation if I go with something like a 400 watt.

Go with the 250 pilgrem and yur air and heat and all that be easy enough to dial in just get help on these in time from smart folk here they haelp ya I garentee it ;)

BWD

I think I will go with a 250 watt; if I can find a kit cheap enough. If anyone has any suggestions for 250 watt kits under $120 feel free to link me :D

also, how would I hook up an exhaust fan? I can't wire into the walls or anything like that.

This is the type of fan you want for exhaust>>>http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-GrowBright-%206in-High-Velocity-Inline-Fan.asp

Not the booster fans...they are not the same.

Latest posts

Back