germination problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woOzer

Mind Control
Reaction score
the way im used to germinatin my seeds is in a small plastic cup with a bit of water. ive had great success this way and never had a problem...until now. i dropped 5 seeds in and within 24 hours they all cracked. well its been 48 hours since then and no progress. no root or anything. usually by now they would all be planted. are my seeds useless now? should i wait longer? im going to germ some more using the paper towel method but i just want to make sure these wont progress before i do that. any suggestions? all help greatly appreciated.

WoOzer

Just plant them in soil, or rockwool, 100% growth

papewr towel between 2 plates =always successful 4me

Pre cracking your seeds will give you very good results. you can either use your teeth, a pair of tweezers. you can also sand some of the edge, use a raszor balde and try and cut the seam. I learned this from germinating lowryder, which has a thicker husk then most strains. I get 100% germination from precracking. Ive had taproots under 12 hours being in water with H2O2 mixed in, bout 10ml per 3/4 cup water. just my 0.02. peace, e :bong2:

Just plant them in soil, or rock wool, 100% growth

There's obviously more then one way to skin a cat.

As previously mentioned, I placed some rock wool plugs in my L.E.C.A and hydrated those slightly with some distilled water. Place a seed in each plug and slightly pinched the tops of the plug to cover the seed. Be gentle not to compact the rock wool too much. Pinch just enough to cover the seed so it stays moist. I made sure the rock wool plugs were even with my flood and drain water-line and that was it. Three days later I had healthy sprouts.

Note: there is a chance not all seeds will germinate so after 5 days check the ones that didn't sprout. If there's no development then replant as many seeds as needed (one per plug) and have at it.

That's the easy no fuss method when dealing with standard seeds that don;t require shaving of the husk or any other exotic method.

Latest posts

Back