germination to seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatNakedGuy

Reaction score
hey all,

i have a few seeds that have germinated (can see taproot so have moved to solo cup w/ coco and perlite)

once the plant comes up through the grow medium, how long before i have to start adding nutrients? I read somewhere to wait for 3 sets of leaves and then go 1/4 strength on nutrients to start with.

and when adding nutrients, what measurement am i supposed to be using? my meter does ec and ppm. i will google but thanks in advance for any tips!

thx!

All the three conditions like temperature, moisture and oxygen must present in seed germination. Seeds need to be damp, not wet for germination. Excess water prevents oxygen getting to the seed. Bend your young plant's stem back and forth to force it to be very thick and strong.

I don't feed for usually 3 weeks or so, but it depends on the medium you are using. My soil is lightly nuted for seedling growth. If you are using something that has zero nutrients in it you might need to feed earlier. I let the plant tell me. You can spot when they are getting hungry by eye. I use GH 3 part and feed with a 1,1,1 ratio for the first week and then move to 3,2,1 for veg and 1,2,3 for flower. That's Grow, Micro, Bloom respectively. The two biggest things I have found that help my plants stay healthy and problem free is adding some dolomite lime to the soil and once you start feeding ph everything that goes into the soil to 6.5. Jmo

Latest posts

Back