Good Day, I am Fatman. I write you all today to share a part of my current proj

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the tv box I found has became a grow box for now untill I have a more suitable home for them I am pondering taking off the doors and cutting the shelf out and lowering it, or adding on to the cap. but I think I will just use the box till I figure out a better solution.

I have to line the walls better, and tomorrow entails a trip to home depot... or monday or *** ever for some more components. I am seriously considering building my shelf system in the closet. but for the moment I am happy to have a secure area that is light tight for the babies.

Bought a pair of wire strippers today so rewired 5 fans to run off of usb.

I am going to put my tv that is never on ontop of the box tomorrow and try setting it up in different places around my room, but once its set up fully I may keep it as a veggie room.

Cardboard city came back into play a bit as I put a sheet on the back behind the card stock and I have a piece as the facing obviously which lets me Velcro a flap securely down.

Looking at getting a drill asap with some hole cutter bits, then card board can give way to wood with convenient holes for wires.

Anyways heres some pics.

The cat got in the closet this morning while i was showering and took a few bites at the plant, I trimmed the leaves that were damaged. Damn cat, ah well worse case scenario I start over.

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

You are worrying too much about your ventilation and not enough about your lighting. You need a real exhaust fan. You do not need inlet fans--make your intakes passive. One decent exhaust fan will take care of all your air exchange problems. But you need more light right now. That should be your priority.

Also, why not just paint the inside of the cabinet with flat white paint and you won't have to be worrying about taking hours to fit cardboard pieces in?

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are worrying too much about your ventilation and not enough about your lighting. You need a real exhaust fan. You do not need inlet fans--make your intakes passive. One decent exhaust fan will take care of all your air exchange problems. But you need more light right now. That should be your priority.

Also, why not just paint the inside of the cabinet with flat white paint and you won't have to be worrying about taking hours to fit cardboard pieces in?

there is no intake fan.... the fan on the front blows outwards. the one at the top blows air along the area for the light and the one on the other side does the same. the intake is at the back.

and i am worrying about lighting all that is in this box I already had, the card stock isnt card board, its a highly reflective and water proof paper that does not absorb heat, thats on the sides and back, they will be taken out for white paint and a painted white board as the back plate. card board comes into play on the front with the base face and the face flap for velcro.

This is why I mentioned a trip to home depot for components (lighting, exhaust, paint, plastic sheeting to replace the face flat. etc) It will have to happen tomorrow as they are closed today.

The few hours i spent on it was taking it apart completely cleaning it and re assembling it. With only screw drivers and alan wrenches can take a while, then letting it dry re assemble and then putting the rest together. I stretched it over 2 days because I can :p

Not a positive person are you THG?

no time for a big post, what has happened is i went shopping, got paint 2 lights the larger light has an actual grow bulb thats made for it, I am going to get more of the smaller bar ones next pay and make a shelf to better secure eveything, also picked up a digital thermometer with humidity gage. 20% humidity made me put the measuring cup of water in the side.

they didnt have the plastic sheeting I wanted, but oh well, I must say, not only is duct tape a gardeners best friend but Velcro is another friendly companion.

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

hello there good job getting the things you need for your grow
I think you need more lummens you should get your lights ASAP
how big is your growing space?
and how many lummens are you using
if I had to guess 40000 lummens total?
I think if you are using a 2 by 2 u at least need like 12000 lummes to veg
good luck bro

ps duct tape is our best friend and velcro lol

Hi dr, thanks for the comment. I agree on more lights, next pay I plan to pick up another 9 (have 1)of the 14 inch lights.

According to the packaging each light emits 2100 lumen's in the 6500 color spectrum the larger light has a plant bulb but the lumen's rating isn't on the packaging or on line that i can find for the part number o_O. lets just call it the same 2100 for now ill try to find out. the cool white cfl plant light i have states that it puts out 1800 lumen's and the warm bulb boasts 2000 as well plus the blue party light which is probably low like 500 sooooo 8500 if my stoned math is right?

with the nine lights i want to put in a movable shelf and hang 6 of them from the bottom of the board, the other 4 will be hung vertical in each corner for side lighting.

the 26 inch (with cord) bar will find somewhere in the room its just a touch to big, may see if i can just lose some of the casing and make it fit.

essentially I will make it a box of light, plus i want to pick up some of the blue plant lights, more for my sake if anything because I love them for everything else. they will be installed so they hang horizontal from a mount instead of all Willy nilly vertical from the shelf at the ends. some sad news..... a freak accident completely im not sure how it happened but i some how snapped my smallest plant off at the soil level like perfectly.... its scary just moved and suddenly bam snapped in half. BUT OH WELL **** IT lol. my largest plant I have began to stress train that fucker she just wants to be tall, like out door plants in the past just bending the stem not to far to fold it but enough to bend it, a wood splint later and it holds its own, it was getting just to tall for current quarters.

I may hang a screw from a string off the top, this is after me topping it a few days ago its pushed up another few cms. the plants are still just on the nutes that are in the soil plus a minuscule amount of root grower, no blue koolaid for the babies. gave some to a aloe clipping on Saturday just past and its grown by half in girth.

Give me a few more weeks and I will have the box all redone with lights and a lower floor and then the box will be set, I am going to get 2 huge rubber maid containers and modify as a temporary replacement veg box so I can flower some clones in the box i have now and see what I got m or f's thats what I can use the long light for and if I take the hangy bulbs i have now and make them rubber maid safe , it should be good for the veg room(unless i come into possession of another article of furniture that can be modified for my needs).

nodes are pushing out, I trimmed alot of the big shade leaves off of one of the plants on tuesday and the node leaves multiplied alot in the last few day (tip from dad). so I hope to get 3 clones from each and flower 1 from each asap to see what i got, I am tempted to plant the seeds from this awesome bag I have but its silly to do so at this point.

my camera is away with the girl friend so no pics untill I found she forgot the camera XD.

Note: the other cfl bulb is currently infront of me, while moving it it gave me a shock and I aint having that so I am going to rewire the socket with a new lampcord that I have and put a socket shield around it.

Pic one, this is my went trimming plant, look at those nodes, pic 2 is a general over view at a shitty angle, pic 3 is my furthest back plant and probably my favorite because it was a runt that has almost caught up in size.

Pic 4 is an odd one, the leaf honestly has a velvet veneer, but feels completely normal. but it catches the light and shines like velvet in the one patch, no visible molds or fungus even under a 5x magnifying glass,

pic 5 my stressed plant its been 24 hours and there is still new happy growth.

Pic six is a portrait of me SMILING :D

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

sorry about your plant snapping in half... and also about you getting a shock LOl I love reading everyones problems sometimes they are really funny Sorry haha

when I grow with cfls or t5's i keep the lights super close to the light they grow bigger faster 1 or 2 inches is fine

good luck bro ... I like you ladies they looking good

i gotta wait till next pay atleast need more lights and odor control. gonna go dno gel and a bucket and a fan! for odor for now since its so small. im exhausted from long day at work cant really think.....man the weather in central canada is messed up... gnite

Don't think poorly of the Goddess, Fatman. She takes a little getting used to, but she is always right, and her "advice" has me growing some fat, juicy dankness. I started out the same way as you, and with THG's help, now have a very productive 4x4 tent. She's really a sweety when you get to know her...

Peace

HemperFi said:
Don't think poorly of the Goddess, Fatman. She takes a little getting used to, but she is always right, and her "advice" has me growing some fat, juicy dankness. I started out the same way as you, and with THG's help, now have a very productive 4x4 tent. She's really a sweety when you get to know her...

Peace
this cracks me up i feel the same way about thg she is so negative and thats so sad i miss the brothers grunt and a few others who helped me ever since ive came back i trip on the old lady and how everyone praises her lmao.i dont care how long she been growing cannabis.and to say she alway right come now so she's the perfect grower whatever this site sucks cause of negative people.

weed is a plant that grows on its own no help need from us if original weed dont get u high and make u feel good then i dont know what to tell u its like we gotta a bunch of weed hypes who need higher percentages to get them higher y its just weed how high can u get lmao.........ya im venting cause i still dont get it were's smokin mom and all the nice people lmao sorry canadian for bombarding yoiur thread your grow looks good keep it up u will learn as u go.just stay positive.:icon_smile:

when thg tryed helping me she kept asking the same stuff over and over and when i started my thread i posted my set up but she still insisted on asking stuff i had already posted about and to top it of id reply to her ????and she wouldnt reply back then all of a sudden she'd come back asking the same ??? again it mite be old-timers deasae lol.........ya so i felt like she wasnt helping just trying to find things i did wrong but then again she helped kkep me away from this site...i still pop in now and then its been almost 6 yrs since i joined here.

Ifin yual dont like a pilgrems fire best thing to do be findin one ya do like. Be the old sayin ifin ya cant says somethin nice then reckon it best to say nothin at all, and just keeps to yur trail and mind yur way instead of carein how others walkin theres. I find with websites such as this who cares what other folk thinks ifin it aint the ways yual do just keep walkin and yual find those not stoppin to "confront" or "poke at" cause yual dont like what they said or just dont find yual likes at all cause of different personalities will eventualy fade to others drawn to em and soon yual find they leave yur threads alone as yual do with them. THG be big part these trails cause ifin yual gets to walkin bad ones she be might quick to kickin ya off but have found her fair with her duty as well as exstreamly smarts but as I said ifin she aint to yur likin then ignore her but at same time understand yual need be respectin of folks that deserve respectin and fur most part THG is highly respected. reckon we all have our ways and our likes and dislikes to people we meet on our trails travelled its how we treat those both loved and not makes us who we be either liked or not cause as yu judge others so to will yual be judged and we are every day. Hope yual fill pouch and sorry ifin I gots all political or even religous wasent my intention just aims to say it how it is is all ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Ifin yual dont like a pilgrems fire best thing to do be findin one ya do like. Be the old sayin ifin ya cant says somethin nice then reckon it best to say nothin at all, and just keeps to yur trail and mind yur way instead of carein how others walkin theres. I find with websites such as this who cares what other folk thinks ifin it aint the ways yual do just keep walkin and yual find those not stoppin to "confront" or "poke at" cause yual dont like what they said or just dont find yual likes at all cause of different personalities will eventualy fade to others drawn to em and soon yual find they leave yur threads alone as yual do with them. THG be big part these trails cause ifin yual gets to walkin bad ones she be might quick to kickin ya off but have found her fair with her duty as well as exstreamly smarts but as I said ifin she aint to yur likin then ignore her but at same time understand yual need be respectin of folks that deserve respectin and fur most part THG is highly respected. reckon we all have our ways and our likes and dislikes to people we meet on our trails travelled its how we treat those both loved and not makes us who we be either liked or not cause as yu judge others so to will yual be judged and we are every day. Hope yual fill pouch and sorry ifin I gots all political or even religous wasent my intention just aims to say it how it is is all ;)

BWD

Yup just as I thought another one full of intelegents ;) Hope yur trails find the level of understandin for which yual seek pilgrem. Hope yual fills yur pouch and personal growth be yurs too ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:

BWD

cant quite read all this... but ***? And hemperfi ***? and Purple skunk ***?

dont bring your negativity or hype into my thread :p as for thg *** have i done negative towards her? nothing? ***! I get up and read this lol. Thank you for positivity purple skunk.

Positivity is where it is at folks.... seriously its the internet that connects us all at the end of the day anyone telling me what to do in a none advising manner are likely to be laughed at since i pay my internet bill :p its like being told not to mess with someone on world of warcraft because their in the army and could kick my red *** if they wanted to. This is similar to real life where I pay my power bill and no one tells me not to mess with someone because they could kick my ***.

Not similar at all...... if you dont get the sarcasm.

Caching your hopes and beliefs into this little glowing screen via a push button board is a fun thing I must say, I am on this site to get tips, and learn new methods. I take comments like 'miracle grow moisture control will kill your plants' with a grain of salt and tuck them away because thats just flat out a lie. ---- Read further back you see it wasnt thg who posted this, and that is the point :p that i have no reason to be negative towards thg :p (edited at 11 am my time)

when people say i have to have something i wonder why theyre not buying it if i HAVE to have it :D. At the end of the day you can pop a seed in the soil ensure it gets sunlight from a window sill keep it watered and in about a year you would have buds... not many but youd still have grown that plant.

I just broke up with someone and almost lost someone else to a car accident this week thankfully its thursday. Im honestly half tempted to kill the plants, wait till i feel there is no risk of the ex going screwy, and in the mean time build a kick *** grow box. Im staying positive lol.... the internet wont drag that down.

This is my last post on this topic in regards to this forums drama and the social structure that others believe I should follow. I will continue to be a polite, perceptive and considerate member, most of all I will continue to be me.

Drama in the future of all forms will be disregarded. :)

Stay beautiful folks.

Glad yual sees weres ya went off trail ;) Now we can get back to growin forward.

BWD

ok I am sorry but southern state american grammar styles is along the same lines at Swahili when I am trying to read it. Not trying to be rude just being honest, Im in northern central canada and your method of writing is throwing me for understanding :( *feels racist now*

Green mojo to you SCF! And, good luck with the rest of your week.

BWD is a fellow canadian. He is good people, but then again, so is THG, who is responsible for my being able to smoke/vape some of the best cannabis. We are lucky to have her.

Like I said. Green mojo to the grow, if i am the one that told you mg will kill your plants, i am sorry, as I am sure I could make them live, but why?

Latest posts

Back