grayman has germinated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved growing in DWCs. My only headache was keeping solution temps down because I didn't have a chiller,,so I went back to soil.
I still use bubblers for some plants in my office. Not weed,, regular plants.😁

Hello grayman welcome aboard the Passion. Your baby is looking good. Your pot still looks wet. You know what I would do is get another pot maybe a small dixie cup and put holes in the bottom or fine something smaller to use. I then would mix 1/3 perlite into your soil. Your baby needs to breath. Than water it a little. Or be careful not to drown her. Have fun growing grayman.:)

day010.jpg

Day 10, and her fan leaves are getting big. Still not watering yet. Waiting for the soil in the center of the pot to dry more. She seems happy right now.

Hello grayman welcome aboard the Passion. Your baby is looking good. Your pot still looks wet. You know what I would do is get another pot maybe a small dixie cup and put holes in the bottom or fine something smaller to use. I then would mix 1/3 perlite into your soil. Your baby needs to breath. Than water it a little. Or be careful not to drown her. Have fun growing grayman.:)
Thanks, ness. I'm so proud of her! Yes, I'm surprised at how slowly it's drying, but for my first grow I'm gonna try a no-transplant method as my "low-maintenance" baseline. Others have suggested starting in a solo cup sized pot, which I may or may not do next time depending my results with this approach. I figure if folks are growing outside w/o transplanting, I could get away with it inside. I'm ready to learn a lot this first go.

day011.jpg
day012.jpg

Days 11 & 12. Just watered for the 1st time this afternoon with 50 ml chlorine-free water in a ring 1-2" from plant. Those fan leaves are getting big so fast!

Last edited:
Morning greywolf have fun growing and ask away with any questions. I'm sure someone would know the answer.
Morning, ness. I'm having a lot of fun growing. And I made my first tincture of green dragon. Used 28 g of decarbed flower (Ya Hemi) in 3 cups 190 proof Everclear, then evaporated down to 1 ounce. Seems to be pretty powerful stuff. 3-4 mL in my cheek before bed had me high in the morning. The alcohol makes it nearly impossible for me to take under the tongue. Anyone have any tips for evaporating all the alcohol from my tincture and dissolving the cannabinoids in another medium like fats or glycol?

Morning grayman were in the world do you get 190 proof Everclear. I need to work on a stash before I can learn other way to make cannabis goods. I'm looking forward to a dab or two, I have all the good to smoke a dab just got wait for frosty buds.

day013.jpg

Day 13. Looks like there's another set of fan leaves on their way. Yesterday's 50 ml got soaked up and appears to have dried pretty well. Thinking that I may try watering every-other day and even give her the first dose of supplements. Edit: I ended up adding another 100 ml water around the plant.

Last edited:
Morning grayman were in the world do you get 190 proof Everclear. I need to work on a stash before I can learn other way to make cannabis goods. I'm looking forward to a dab or two, I have all the good to smoke a dab just got wait for frosty buds.
Believe it or not: my neighborhood grocery store carries it, but I'm in a pretty boozy land. I bet if you'd google "everclear 190 proof" you'd find some in your area. Maybe?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing your dab goods. I've only tried it once with delta-8 and I'm having a hard time getting high without major coughing fits. Just made some potent green dragon, but it hits different. I'm gonna buy something like those volcano vapes with the big vapor bags. Hopefully less coughing. My coughing has gotten really bad over the last week. I'm walking away from my smoking sessions with more of a headache than a buzz.

I would hold off on feeding the plant. The cotyledons still are providing nutrients to the seedling.
This is a big part of why I'm here: taking advantage of the experience and wisdom of the old fogeys! I will hold on the feedings. When would you suggest is the right time to start with Big Bloom from the Trio Pack? Or, what should I be looking/waiting for?

I wait until they get a few sets of leaves and a few inches tall. Your soil likely has some nutrients in it as well. When I start feeding, I use a quarter dose of whatever the manufacture recommends for the first few feedings. Big Bloom I would have though was for when the plant is flowering(but looking at the feed chart I guess I am wrong). I would follow the FF feeding schedule below(from their website) but I don’t use FF nutes. Maybe someone who does will chime in…

I wait until they get a few sets of leaves and a few inches tall. Your soil likely has some nutrients in it as well. When I start feeding, I use a quarter dose of whatever the manufacture recommends for the first few feedings. Big Bloom I would have though was for when the plant is flowering(but looking at the feed chart I guess I am wrong). I would follow the FF feeding schedule below(from their website) but I don’t use FF nutes. Maybe someone who does will chime in…
Got it. Should I switch from 23/1 to 18/6 at the same time?

Latest posts

Back