grayman has germinated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
day016.jpg

Day 16 and she got so big over the weekend. Today I gave her about 100 ml of water that had FF Big Bloom supplements added (at strength of 1 ml in 350 ml water, which was about 3/4 of the recommended strength). Still rocking a 23/1 light cycle.

day017-1.jpg
day017-2.JPG

Day 17. It's so impressive and fun to watch how fast she's growing.

why the one hour of darkness, I'm curious...
Give the lights/ballasts a break? I'm not sure. It's probably something I read on one of the hundred posts I've read about how to run your lights and it seemed best to me for whatever reason. I think the idea of providing the plant with some period of darkness seems like a way to emulate something that happens in nature that could have a beneficial effect. wtfknm.

I plan on switching to 18/6 once I hit the veg stage (which I'll be looking for help to discern).

Edit: I found the source. It's from the documentation for my grow lights.
1662649660402.png

Last edited:
I give seedlings 24 hours of light (the same as my vegging plants) but some folks do 18/6. During the dark period, plants stretch more(they are seeking light). I like to try to keep my plants as short and stocky as I can during veg. They will stretch when you flip to 12/12.

I give seedlings 24 hours of light (the same as my vegging plants) but some folks do 18/6. During the dark period, plants stretch more(they are seeking light). I like to try to keep my plants as short and stocky as I can during veg. They will stretch when you flip to 12/12.
Good to know. I'll probably follow suite. What are you looking for to discern when to switch from 24/0 to 18/6?

I don’t do 18/6. Flipping to flower means going to 12/12 lighting. I try to veg(which for me includes seedling time) for 8-10 weeks.

day018.jpg

Day 18. I'm liking how short the spacing is between the nodes.

day019.JPG

Day 19. She's looking so good. I gave her 150 ml of nonchlorinated water about an inch around her base.

Last edited:
day021-1.JPG
day021-2.JPG
day021-3.JPG

Day 21. Growth rate is increasing and there's a bunch of activity.

day021-fan1.JPG
day021-fan2.JPG

Here's a closer look at the two lowest fan leaves (right after the cotyledon). The one on the left looks a little curled and dry. The one on the right just has a weird kink in it. I'm assuming all is well, but let me know if anyone has any input for me.
day021-growth.PNG

Above is a little montage of a close-up of the "main" growth that's looking pretty wild to me. Leaves on top of leaves.

Given the growth rate and dryness of the soil, I used 200 ml of the same nute mixture I used on day 16.

Unrelated PSA: know your mushroom type, grind (cause parts can be inconsistent in strength), use an accurate scale, dose incrementally, and have a safe friend or two on speed dial. Always safer to experience psybicilin with a friend. Holy hell.

Give the lights/ballasts a break? I'm not sure. It's probably something I read on one of the hundred posts I've read about how to run your lights and it seemed best to me for whatever reason. I think the idea of providing the plant with some period of darkness seems like a way to emulate something that happens in nature that could have a beneficial effect. wtfknm.

I plan on switching to 18/6 once I hit the veg stage (which I'll be looking for help to discern).

Edit: I found the source. It's from the documentation for my grow lights.
View attachment 308279
outstanding !

Holy Moly I missed welcoming you in the group.
Your pictures are of a beautius nature . We are a fully functioning group here and offer such benefits as bingo every third thursday ( bring $), Weed advice (genius level (not me) to say the least, Scientific opinions, and we have our esteemed member Roster who also preforms weddings at a reasonable price! ( altar boys have been discontinued at this time ) Love advice available upon request ....Welcome.!

Holy Moly I missed welcoming you in the group.
Your pictures are of a beautius nature . We are a fully functioning group here and offer such benefits as bingo every third thursday ( bring $), Weed advice (genius level (not me) to say the least, Scientific opinions, and we have our esteemed member Roster who also preforms weddings at a reasonable price! ( altar boys have been discontinued at this time ) Love advice available upon request ....Welcome.!
Thank you, joeb631a. I hope you're not ******* with me about bingo. That sounds tight. I could certain use some weed advice right now.

!!! ALERT !!! WEED ADVISE WANTED !!! ALERT !!!

I've smoked weed occationally over the last couple years, and recently changed to smoking daily to replace my use of alcohol which had gotten concerning. Over the last month or more my ability to get as high as I once was able to has greatly diminished. My tolerance has gone up for sure, but also I caught some cough (not covid) which has made it impracticle to get high smoking. I'm trying edibles and tinctures and they just seem to finaly just catch up with me at some point and I go from not stoned to falling-alseep-stoned. I know I need to get a handle on my cough just for my health, but I'm taking upwards of 200 mg delta8 edibles and tinctures and they're just sending me to sleepy jail.

GoDirectlyToSleep.jpg

Last edited:
You came to the right place. IMHO you need smoke more of a stativa which unless you smoke a small field keep you up and in the game . A esteemed member turned me on to snocaine which i am popping tomorrow . There has been ballards sung about this strain and its magical effect in the boudoir. Cannot substanuate the latter comment but it gives me hope none the less.... You might want to try vaping flower to lessen the cough.

Latest posts

Back