Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol the strain G13 really exists? I was thinking they came up with that name for a movie.....remember that from American Beauty. Sure they want to keep their new customers. Seeds is one he-ll of a business. Once you have everything set up, producing seeds costs almost nothing.

I have no idea about the G13 and back in the day I was just lucky to get some bud that wasn't really crispy and stuff.

Still it's a great move and now I only want to buy from them! I was trying to see if IGH would be worth it, but I was reading how lots of people got herms, only runts, or other problems and I can't afford to buy multiple packs at $250-400 to find that one special plant. Crazy right?! There's another person who buys thousands from them to find the most special one and clones them for up to $10k a clone. The crazier part, is they're usually sold out!!!

Just showing a picture of end of week 7
Both purple punch

One is dark green purple with heavy frost but like there's almost not buds just a ton of frosty leaves.

The other is light green very little frost but dense buds.

I guess it's just the phenotypes but it's weird. Everyone else's looks relatively the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20220427_164133.jpg
    IMG_20220427_164133.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220427_164455.jpg
    IMG_20220427_164455.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220427_164513.jpg
    IMG_20220427_164513.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7
hey guys, at what time are the flowers actually "potent"? Mine are 4 weeks now. 31 days to be exact.Im not planing on cutting any of them down, they are very glue-like and sticky though. i had a strong smelling resin on my fingers just by touching one. Just asking myself, what would happen if i put some of the resin into a pipe? Is it capeable already?

Unbenannt.JPG

People say it's empty when trichromes are clear and when it's cloudy that's THC. That's not really correct, but it'll have probably very low concentrations in it. Never hurts to try it out, I'd be very curious. Report back with an update!!!

When my first grow was about where yours are I dried a couple of small buds in a food dehydrator. I got plenty stoned smoking them, but then I'm a light weight when it comes to weed.

hey guys, at what time are the flowers actually "potent"? Mine are 4 weeks now. 31 days to be exact.Im not planing on cutting any of them down, they are very glue-like and sticky though. i had a strong smelling resin on my fingers just by touching one. Just asking myself, what would happen if i put some of the resin into a pipe? Is it capeable already?

View attachment 295536
You want trichomes that look milky for a euphoric and energetic High, if you wait until the trichomes turn brown then your weed will set you back in the couch and make you feel like going to bed, LOL. Still far to many white hairs, wait longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-175856_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-175856_Google.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 5
lol the strain G13 really exists? I was thinking they came up with that name for a movie.....remember that from American Beauty. Sure they want to keep their new customers. Seeds is one he-ll of a business. Once you have everything set up, producing seeds costs almost nothing.
Yes G13 exists, one of my old friends used to get that sent to us in Pennsylvania from California. It's good bud and it's an indica.

@ choxie:
oh really? Interesting. I just examined that by looking at some pics, im making pics every 2 or 3 days. first is from 23. or 24. April...they are obviously transparent and clear. Second is from 28. April, 2 days ago. Theres been some whitening, no doubt. Im not gonna disturb them now, but tommorro ill rub my finger over 1 or 2 leaves and collect some resin. Just for a small head. They should be even whiter now than on the pic from 2 days ago.

Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt3.JPG

Oh I thought you were going to cut off a few sugar leaves and just smoke that. If you're just trying to get resin it will probably just stick to your finger and it'll be kind of hard to get it off and into something to smoke. If you dab you'll need to collect a decent amount so maybe your best bet is just pack a bowl of leaves and light it up!

I kind of tried it at this stage (see pic) but it was just a gummy mess. I think you have to cut some off, freeze it, then you can collect the resin that way.

Attachments

• IMG_20220427_164455.jpg
    IMG_20220427_164455.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
well thats called fingerhash. Some guy collected 4 grams from 1 single plant, just as a by-product while harvesting his buds. You can take a finger, or a stripe of plastic/leather whatsoever..pull it over a few leaves or a bud. I dont think you need much this is probably super-potent. For me im sure 1/20 of a gram is enough. Good thing is, you dont need to wait or to dry anything that way. Its probably better to use a small "collector" instead of your fingers.

ill report soon XD

Last edited:
ok so my report es it follows: The compound is potent already :).
But in what a slow, sneaking way. I was already thinking nothings gonna happen and wanted to continue my usual routine until i was like"hm these are not or usual thoughts" and another 5 min later im done. Took much longer than usual. Maybe because consuming was so strange, too. I put a very small bud into the vape. A very small one, maybe as small as my small fingers tip, from the bottom of the plants, one that would never have really gotten size, anyway. I felt nothing in my loungs, just at the end there was a very tiny bit of smoke, almost not visible. Took a few pulls from the vape, probably because its got still high humidity in it. Almost tastless. Thats why i didnt expect anything to happen. But looks like there was quiete some exodus of THC emigrants from that little plantmass into my body XD.

one point you mentioned that wasn't talked about is the weakness of the seedling when it gets over an inch tall...as the seedling grows in the cup, it will stretch...when that happens be sure to keep the light close and add soil to the cup to support the stalk...I put my seeds in cups 1/2 full of peat mix...as they grow I add more to stabilize the plant until it's able to do it on it's own...
So I've been a little stressed about my grow so far. A little concerned about their progress. I think they're five days old now. They have been outside in a mini makeshift greenhouse for 3 of the 5 days because it's so cold and has been cloudy all week. I can get the temps up great when the sun's out but those cloudy days void the whole greenhouse affect and my little heating pad can only get it up to around 65°F on these 30-40 degree days. I was just reading in this post about over watering. Are there any tell tale signs of it? I usually never go heavy with the watering though, especially seedlings. Do my plants look alright for being 5 days old? All next week here in Michigan is going to be cold and cloudy. Will those seedlings continue to grow on cloudy days? I have been bringing them in around 6pm and putting them under these cheap LED grow lights until sunset, to try and compensate for the cloudiness. UGH! I look forward to this all winter and step in it the very first week.

Attachments

• 20220501_183842.jpg
    20220501_183842.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 6
@Julie Y
why dont you upgrade your light? Theres still lots of time. Flower can take 9-12 weeks. It wont cost you much to take light to a decent level. Buy a cheap panel from Ali as addition to your existent one. You could literally buy e27 bulbs for 2-3 bucks each. the 1500 lumen ones...e few of them and cut off the diffuser. 2700k-4000k. Just get to 250-300w somehow.

another way would be use side walls. On your pics, it looks like your flowers dont use the complete space. YOu said you have 3x3? Looks like you have them in the cornor of your tent. In that case, put on side walls on the 2 free sides. use cartonage/thick paper, cover it with aluminium foil. Or use this reflecting things people use to protect their windshield from frost. Or an emergency-blanket. The smaller space you create, the higher the light levels you create, the bigger the buds.

and then for the next grow, youll just get yourself a second TS1000.

and about the Photone app: yeah, its 5,99. YOu only need full spectrum LED. ANd youll have to cut out a diffuser out of paper that has to be white 80g/squaremeter paper. Allthough there are enough tests online that tell you how much PPFD you have with your lamp in a particular sized tent.

@crash Magnet:
autos are not idiotproof and not always free of problems. When i ordered my seeds, i didnt know what i ordered. Now im happy it wasnt autos. Autos will just go into flower after a relativ short period of time, no matter how big or small they are. If you have a def. or some kind of problems, that throws their growth back..they will just go into flower while being sick or just very small. I find it more convenient to grow the perfect sized plant, make sure its healthy and then flip flower. Also they have additional "problems" on their genetics..creating fem seeds, autos, everything has its impact on the genetic of the plant and it never makes the plant healthier or stronger.

I will stay with the same strain, pots and fertilizer until im experienced with what i have.

27 days into flower things already getting really sticky and-glue like here...i touched one of that things yesterday and had to wash my hands...that smell is concentrated....almost like chemical warfare...this breeds today are no joke thats far from what ive had in my youth 20 years ago.

if i was a bug or a fly, id make a huge turn around this plants XD

View attachment 294850View attachment 294851
My kids are 5 1/2 weeks into the flowering stage. This tan/brown coloring started this week. Mostly on just one.
What does it mean?

Attachments

• 050122 5 wks.jpg
    050122 5 wks.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 050122 5 wksa.jpg
    050122 5 wksa.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 050122 canopy.jpg
    050122 canopy.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
dont know...pretty normal i guess. So you want to finish that grow without adding another light? Your decision, make that experience, the more you will enjoy your next grow seeing the difference. For me, i couldnt do that, it would drive me nuts seeing the plant and knowing that it really could use some more ligtht. Allthough i dont know what a difference it would make now after 6 weeks. It would increase harvest for sure, but it may also be that the size of the buds is somehow predetermined now, at least to a degree.

This is a grow light for 2.49 eu. Perfectly capable lightspectrum, 2700k, you can grow the complete way with this single light. A few more of them ofc. 1521 lumen, 13 watts. An E27 bulb from the supermarket. (the alu-fins around them were just a test to reduce temps, but no need to tune a 2,50eu expensive light to increase lifespan lol )While to be fair, you also need a lamp to screw these bulbs into. I think a clip-lamp with 5 flexible long-necks is 12-15eu. You have a 65watt grow lamp then. And they are not inefficient, Migro once built a 6 bulb-growlight out of these and had a usable PPFD of 1,8 in the end, thats just a tiny step behind the common panels. But he used the overpriced Phillips bulbs.

Id still go for a panel, even if its a cheap 30 dollar panel. Just wanted to make the point that, in an emergency, you can get everything right from the next store. however, i dont wanna annoy you and ill stop mentioning it now.

DSCI2388.JPG

Last edited:
but its intereresting for me to see your plant. Your vegetative growth looks pretty normal. Just with very small flowers. It really confirms that, for veg, you can get away with less light, but in flower you really need the PAR.

but its intereresting for me to see your plant. Your vegetative growth looks pretty normal. Just with very small flowers. It really confirms that, for veg, you can get away with less light, but in flower you really need the PAR.
You don't have to stop mentioning it. I see your point. Other pictures of buds at 6 weeks seem a lot bigger. If you still think it will help at this late stage I will do something. 👍 🌱 🙃

will be interesting to see how much they can put on now...i dont think theres gonna be a long cola where there is only 1 small lonely flower now. The real eyeopener will be next grow. But it will def. produce enough extra THC so that the extra power isnt wasted.

Latest posts

Back