Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Julie, you'll need the lights eventually so might as well get them? Btw I'm super happy with farmur brand and I think there's a sale for their true 300 watt led for around $210 with Amazon's built in coupon.
I just harvested around 1150 grams wet trimmed buds from 2 plants on 2 of their 105 watt LEDs so after drying would be around 287 grams if the total after drying is 25%. This comes out to 1.36 grams per watt.

shes already got a Mars hydro 150watt light. Id probably just get another one in that case. 300 watt is pretty much whats recommendet for 3x3. 2 Lights also give you some flexibility in different sized tents later on the way.

this is were i am 5 1/2 weeks in. Buds are looking good and stacking up nicely. Still i havent managed to get a grip on that leave-symptom with the orange-brown spots on the upper leaves. I tried a few things but it keeps progressing, slowly. Buds are not affected. Feels a little bit like a race against time now, allthough i have lots of green and healthy leaves left, buds are the last thing that takes damage, so im pretty confident it will turn out fine. Amnesia is supposed to have a long flower time though, i might only be half way now.

DSCI2392.JPG
DSCI2393.JPG
DSCI2397.JPG
DSCI2401.JPG
DSCI2398.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG
DSCI2392.JPG
DSCI2393.JPG
DSCI2397.JPG
DSCI2401.JPG
DSCI2398.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG
DSCI2392.JPG
DSCI2393.JPG
DSCI2397.JPG
DSCI2401.JPG
DSCI2398.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
I forgot what nutrients and ppm are you doing as well as your run offs measurements at?

Just got home from a few days camping. This is what the buds look like at 7 weeks tomorrow. The droplets are clear or cloudy. They need water. Do they look like I'm close to harvest? These are really scrawny buds.
More light - I'm trying to keep up.
👍 🌱

Attachments

• 050822buds.jpg
    050822buds.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 050822 budsa.jpg
    050822 budsa.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 13
Just got home from a few days camping. This is what the buds look like at 7 weeks tomorrow. The droplets are clear or cloudy. They need water. Do they look like I'm close to harvest? These are really scrawny buds.
More light - I'm trying to keep up.
👍 🌱
At 7 weeks in flower they will probably beef up a bit more. Are you looking at the trichomes on the buds with a loop or maybe camera phone?

Based on pistles only. Left yes right no. Could be bad genetics or nutrients?!
Luck of the draw

Last edited:
At 7 weeks in flower they will probably beef up a bit more. Are you looking at the trichomes on the buds with a loop or maybe camera phone?
It's the lens recommended for my phone. Xeno lens. If I can hold still. Are the bud the dewey little tiny drops all over the leaves and flower?

It's the lens recommended for my phone. Xeno lens. If I can hold still. Are the bud the dewey little tiny drops all over the leaves and flower?
Finally have a way to see the trichomes through a jeweler's loop. All buds have clear trichomes today.
I have a laundry drying rack that fits perfect inside the grow tent for drying. Wet trim or Dry trim. I plan on using the trim to make infused butter either way.
My thought is that handling the buds will damage or transfer resin to gloves and tools. Maybe letting them dry first will minimize transfer to tools. Hmmmm?????? Please respond... 🙃 🤔

I mostly just remove the fan leaves before drying, then clean them up before curing. Even after a couple of weeks of drying, though, scissors and gloves end up very sticky. When the scissors get too sticky I wipe them with a little vegetable oil. It cuts through the resin quickly.

I wet trim. Tried dry trimming and found it more difficult. Just handle the buds by their stem when possible and gently always. Get a good pair of small garden pruning shears. I like Chikamasa or Fiskars. Wear gloves and put them in the freezer once done to release the finger hash from the gloves easily. I use a razor blade to clean the scissor hash off of the scissor blades when the get caked up. Finger hash and scissor hash are potent.

I mostly just remove the fan leaves before drying, then clean them up before curing. Even after a couple of weeks of drying, though, scissors and gloves end up very sticky. When the scissors get too sticky I wipe them with a little vegetable oil. It cuts through the resin quickly.
Rubbing alcohol works to clean off resin as well.

I do a wet trim Dry trim is harder for me and I get some nice looking buds with the wet trim. I too use the sugar leaf and popcorn buds for sissy smokes mixed with mullein leaf and other smokable herbs like mints from my garden as well as tea bags made with the same mix for my girls that can’t take full on reefer but still want to giggle with those that do. 😊

lol. Sissy smokes. Love it. BTW-sugar leaves and popcorn buds are good for making cannabutter and hash. Edibles are really enjoyable and a different kind of buzz if you haven’t tried them. It has to do with your liver metabolizing THC differently. If I recall correctly it is delta-9 THC that gives the effect. I eat about a 7 gram brownie (a half inch cube) and in about an hour have a nice relaxing happy buzz and a smile for about 6 hours. You have to decarboxylate the trim before using it to make edibles.

lol. Sissy smokes. Love it. BTW-sugar leaves and popcorn buds are good for making cannabutter and hash. Edibles are really enjoyable and a different kind of buzz if you haven’t tried them. It has to do with your liver metabolizing THC differently. If I recall correctly it is delta-9 THC that gives the effect. I eat about a 7 gram brownie (a half inch cube) and in about an hour have a nice relaxing happy buzz and a smile for about 6 hours. You have to decarboxylate the trim before using it to make edibles.
I don’t waste my time on edibles as they don’t do a thing for me or the hubby except add extra fat and carbs to our diet. Edibles are readily available here. My friends do enjoy them and bring me sweet treats to see if it would effect me. I keep telling them not to waste their money on me. Nobody tho has sissy smokes and tea so they love coming around on wine nite to have a little fun with their stoner friend SubmarineGirl

I don’t waste my time on edibles as they don’t do a thing for me or the hubby except add extra fat and carbs to our diet. Edibles are readily available here. My friends do enjoy them and bring me sweet treats to see if it would effect me. I keep telling them not to waste their money on me. Nobody tho has sissy smokes and tea so they love coming around on wine nite to have a little fun with their stoner friend SubmarineGirl
Bummer about not being able to feel the effects of edibles but I have read that some people get nothing from them. I don’t care for commercially available edibles. Everytime I have tried them I get an uncomfortable, antsy buzz. I have some ‘ancient’ cannabutter I keep in the freezer(part of the mix is about 12 years old). It is a mix of butters I have made over the years and seems just right(a mix of probably close to 20 strains I’d guess). I slow cook my trim for about 24 hours in an old slow cooker set on low. I never decarbed the first few years. I think since I cook my brownies at 300 deg f, I decarb when I cook but that is just a theory. Could be some chemical reaction from aging is why my butter is so nice. Mrs Fogey and I will split a 1 inch cube at the beach and have a nice mellow time. She describes the feeling as being like when you are halfway thru a vacation where the stress of getting to your destination has faded and you aren’t dreading the end of vacation either.

Bummer about not being able to feel the effects of edibles but I have read that some people get nothing from them. I don’t care for commercially available edibles. Everytime I have tried them I get an uncomfortable, antsy buzz. I have some ‘ancient’ cannabutter I keep in the freezer(part of the mix is about 12 years old). It is a mix of butters I have made over the years and seems just right(a mix of probably close to 20 strains I’d guess). I slow cook my trim for about 24 hours in an old slow cooker set on low. I never decarbed the first few years. I think since I cook my brownies at 300 deg f, I decarb when I cook but that is just a theory. Could be some chemical reaction from aging is why my butter is so nice. Mrs Fogey and I will split a 1 inch cube at the beach and have a nice mellow time. She describes the feeling as being like when you are halfway thru a vacation where the stress of getting to your destination has faded and you aren’t dreading the end of vacation either.
That mid vacation time is a good feeling. Nice description Mrs Fogey 😎

That mid vacation time is a good feeling. Nice description Mrs Fogey 😎
You are a bad influence(not really). I decided that 8:30 isn’t too early to nibble a brownie with my coffee after our discussion on edibles. No beach today but ‘mid-vacation’ is coming in a little while. :buzzed old fogey emoji:

Well Julie, you'll need the lights eventually so might as well get them? Btw I'm super happy with farmur brand and I think there's a sale for their true 300 watt led for around $210 with Amazon's built in coupon.
I just harvested around 1150 grams wet trimmed buds from 2 plants on 2 of their 105 watt LEDs so after drying would be around 287 grams if the total after drying is 25%. This comes out to 1.36 grams per watt.
Well I feel like a dope....I'm going back to research the lighting for my tent. I had the brightness turned down. I didn't read the instructions well enough so didn't know there was an adjustment. Lights are on high now but too late.☹

I don't think it's too late. If they had clear trichomes on Thursday, they should have at least 3 weeks to fill out. Just don't burn the leaves crispy like I did...

Latest posts

Back