Hal's been busy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! Looks about 5x the size of mine! And I got enough work as it is!

Keep up the good work brother!

your rooms are beautiful to behold... I see that you have fans blowing right on your girls... I do that too. I use nine oscilating fans to get a nice breeze on each plant most of the time. Do you have any tips on the ideal distances the light should be from the plants? Do you use a light meter? I had some bleaching and running at 2 feet with my 600s and now I'm working in a room with 1000s so I'm trying to get a handle on that. Both rooms have minisplits so getting the temps low isn't the issue. thanks!

NorCalHal said:
As far as the Hygrozyme Herm, I use 8 ml per gal, everytime except during flush. I can't really tell if they need more or less, I just pretty much go by the bottle. It is VERY spendy, and if I am close to running out, I might skip the hygro a feeding or 2. I would have to say I use it on 90% of the feedings for sure.

See I have been wondering about that. Im running earth juice line using the feeding schedule out of the nute comparison thread. It says to use 2.5 ml ramping up to 10 ml later in flower.

:confused2:

greenmentat said:
your rooms are beautiful to behold... I see that you have fans blowing right on your girls... I do that too. I use nine oscilating fans to get a nice breeze on each plant most of the time. Do you have any tips on the ideal distances the light should be from the plants? Do you use a light meter? I had some bleaching and running at 2 feet with my 600s and now I'm working in a room with 1000s so I'm trying to get a handle on that. Both rooms have minisplits so getting the temps low isn't the issue. thanks!

I try to run the lights as close as I can, usually around 18" i guess, otherwise they tend to light bleach a bit. No on the light meter. I do tend to move the plants a bit too, to prevent that bleaching, but they get so big at one point, where I will stop moving them.

I took some more pics today also. I just finished up pruning them, right at 2 weeks in. You can really tell what will develop and what won't. I have a high standard of finished herb, so I tend to prune out alot, leaving only the tops of most of the girls.
I have found that the herb is better and my yeild incresed when pruning real hard. Of course, this is really strain dependent, and the trees I pruned were Larry OG and Chem 91', which really take to the pruning.

The other pic is the GDP canopy. Looking good so far.

prune chem.jpg

prune larry.jpg

prune.jpg

prune2.jpg

gdp.jpg

Hal I'll buy a new bong if we can wear it out at your place:laugh:

Hi Hal a couple of questions for ya, what are your average yields per plant and why do you grow them so tall-i suppose they are sativa influenced maybe and have you ever done hempys as i think your set-up is just perfect for hempys and less frequent watering too.
T4

Bring it on out Ozzy! If you like the herb, you will love the hash we b makin'!

Time, On average, for these strains (Larry OG and Chem 91') I expect an average of 5-8 oz per plant. I grow em tall for a couple of reasons. You cannot expect big yeilds from small plants. Well, let me rephrase that....
I am going for all FAT nug. The type of fat nugs that make lb's look GREAT. This cannot be acheived from smaller plants with alot of the lowers not pruned. With smaller plants, you tend to leave more on the bottoms, but they still produce smaller nug and take longer to develop.
What I have found is if you prune the heck out of the lower and leave just the top 1/3rd, the plant will finish a little faster and all the nug produced will be tighter.
I know alot of folks will disagree, but this is what I have found to be true.

Prob the main reason I let em get big is I have 12' ceilings. I love it!

I guess you can say I did "hempys" before, I really havn't thought about it till you posted this. I had to do a little homework on what a "hempy" was first. I was doing "hempys" in the later 80's early 90's. I grew in nothing the first few years but verm and per to much success.

I perfer the pro mix. I really like the wet/dry cycle with it. Makes strong plants. I also love to water man. It is my Zen. I am not down with letting old juice sit in the bottom of a bucket anymore, I like to feed fresh whenever I feed. As it is right now, in 7 gal bags, I only water every 4-5 daze, but as they get into full flower, it will be every 3-4 days. I can live with that.

That had me thinking. I never am away from my grow for more then 24 hours, and that is RARE. More like everyday...all day...lol. Ask my wifey. There is allways something to do. I guess I like to feed myself too because it gives me time with each plant. As I water, it gives me a chance to really look over each plant to inspect for bugs or any nuit issues. Keeps me on top of it.

Nuff said Hal 5-8 ya not doing anything wrong then and id do exactly the same as you you do if i had the chance.
Im after the golden 5+ from my present grow today being week 5 of 8-9 weeks but if needed will go 10 weeks.
T4

lol, here's the difference from a normal grower (myself) and a "super" grower (Hal)...I am happy with my 4oz-6oz average of pretty buds, whereas Hal is after only the best of the best!! Not that I'm not after the best I can do, mind you, but Hal is after perfection!! :aok:

I am going for all FAT nug. The type of fat nugs that make lb's look GREAT. This cannot be acheived from smaller plants with alot of the lowers not pruned. With smaller plants, you tend to leave more on the bottoms, but they still produce smaller nug and take longer to develop.

Inspiring!

Hal I every make it out your way you will be one of the very few I will visit.

Anytime fellas. I'll keep the bowls filled!

Thanks for the props Roddy, but I still have alot to learn. One of the hardest things is to keep an open mind about what others do growing wise.
No one person has the answer. My abilities are the accumulation of many,many different growers knowledge. That and many not so good harvests.
A good grower will allways listen to what others do. Even if what the others are doing is wrong.
What makes a great grower is understanding WHY the information is wrong, and an even greater grower is someone who can educate that person in a polite way that they can understand.

I gotta go clean up today...I made hash yesterday and made a mess. Crazy nice bubble though.

It's like this "expand you mind and the rest will follow" The more we learn the less we find out we actually know.

NorCalHal said:
I gotta go clean up today...I made hash yesterday and made a mess. Crazy nice bubble though.

I would love to see some photos of this too!!! If you ever get a chance that is.

Hey Hal, any chance we might get to see some pictures of how your final buds turn out?

Ahocky, I will take some pics of the full melt and the Glass we made, gimme a fewdays.
I don't have too many pics of the finished, but I have a few.
So far, the room has been running great. I am in the process of stakeing them up, as they are starting to put weight on.

gsc.jpg

gsc2.jpg

chem 91 nug.jpg

chem 91.jpg

Sour D nug.jpg

Sour D.jpg

looking great Hal!! Just download me a few samples:D

Latest posts

Back