Hal's been busy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Very nice. I doubt I will ever have the need to grow that volume, but I very much strive to grow that quality.

NorCalHal said:
Ahocky, I will take some pics of the full melt and the Glass we made, gimme a fewdays.
I don't have too many pics of the finished, but I have a few.
So far, the room has been running great. I am in the process of stakeing them up, as they are starting to put weight on.
WOW HAL THAT SURE LOOKS LIKE QUALITY WEED.#

T4:holysheep::eek::D:hubba::icon_smile:

Thank You gentlemen, I put alot of work into these grows.
Today I have to finish stakeing them up. So much work. They are starting to put on weight and are wanting to lean. I bought these new "clips" that attach around the stalk and the stake, super easy.
I just gor a new 110 gal res, as the girls are drinking around 160 gallons every 3 days...sucking it up.
CO2 is off and I am just pulling air right now. Temps are staying around 75-79. If it gets too much warmer, I will have to seal the room back up and let the AC do the cooling work. I hate to do it, as the AC really cranks up the power bill, but I would rather pay the bill then have airy herb.

When I seal the room back up, I set the CO2 to around 400ppm, which is close to atmospheric.

As I am starting week 5, I am starting to think about getting clones going. I know the Larry OG will go the longest, as it doesn'r seem to finish until week 10-11, so I base my clone timing on them.
I can't wait for next run! My fav 3 flavors are on deck. Skywalker OG, "5 star Kush", which is new to my line up, and good old Sour D. I love me some Sour!

I think sour was the one someone i know raved and raved about to me.
Lol
Get some more piccies up hal we all love nice piccies of nice plants.
T4

Hal,

When you get a new strain do you know ahead of time the flower time or do you check the the trichromes like the rest of us? If you had to go to attitudes site today and order beans from them what would you pick up?

Yes sir T4, I will take more pics soon!

Herm..I really just check trichs. no set "timeline". I run some longer strains with shorter ones most of the time, but that helps come trimmin' time. It is a lot easier to trim a tray here and there rather then the whole room.
I am quite lucky, I have access to lots of great clone stock, not to mention my own mom room. I have some crazy nice mother plants right now.
If I was to order beans, it would be from Cali connect, more then likely. DNA/Reserva would be second choice.

Can I live in a cot in there? A supply closet? All I need is bread, water, and pot. I'll clean too. ;) ;)

-nasty

Haha get! Believe me, I would love to have someone there around harvest time! There is allways some cleaning to do!

NorCalHal said:
Yes sir T4, I will take more pics soon!

I am quite lucky, I have access to lots of great clone stock, not to mention my own mom room. I have some crazy nice mother plants right now.
Can we see them next time you post pics? :) :)

-nasty

Hey you those ak's are the slowest growing clones i ever got my hands on like 2 weeks since rooted now and nowt seems to be happening good job i got my back up lemons and crappy blue cheese.
Lol
Laters dude.
T4

NorCalHal said:
Herm, that feeds 82 plants in 7 gallon bags with about 20% runoff.

bho, thanks for looking. Haha, I havn't really left a fadio on or anything, I have thought about it, but just havn't done it.

GH. In flower, I too use just the Micro and Bloom, for the most part. My Grandaddy strain needs a little more N once in a while, so I add a little just for them.
In general, the for the Micro and Bloom, it is 2-1, with Bloom being more of course. So, somewhere around 5-7 ml per gal on Micro and 10-15 ml on the Bloom. I shoot for around 14-1500 ppm in full bloom.

On another note, I fried another Helios 7 light timer. The timer calls for a 50 amp 2 pole breaker, but internally, the contactor is only 40 amp. So, at 208v I was pushing 39 amps per leg, which would fry the contactor and trip the breaker. It made no sense to me to feed a device with 50 amps but have a 40 amp contactor in it. Killin' me.
I had to get a good old Intermatic T104 and wire up 8 of the lights myself.
Hey Hal; just checkin out the stables, the girls are lookin good. I know about contactor problems from my days as a forklift technician. I had all electric forklifts and contactors were always weak points until they figured out how to "soft power" them. I would recommend that for what we do but it is tricky to "soft power" AC circuits. The problem with them is when the contacts open or close with the higher voltage and current you get an arcing that occurs and eventually burns the contacts. The only real solution for that is redundancy. Split the power draw in each timer so that it is divided between 2 timers so that they are only carrying half the current. That will slow the burning if not the arcing. :)

Thanks Hush....Very interesting.

Busy the next couple daze, I will get some pics soon.

I still dream about NCH's sour d. The most unique flavor ever. Haven't had anything close since.

multifarious said:
Hals "Sour D", California and a few other things in April 09 changed my life forever :D

Hey Hal could talk about your CO2 setup? I am probably going to have to seal my newest room off to control temps. Its 10 x 13 x 7 if you make any equipment recommendations I would appreciate it.

I'm glad you guys remember the Sour D! It is still my Fav smoke for sure. I still have the same cuy, it rocks!
I am actually down to my lasy oz or so, and I won't be doing another run of Sour until end of April :(

Whats happening Herm. When sealing a room, you have to have 3 things to make it owrk correctly.
AC, Dehumidifier and CO2. Of course, all you lights should be aircooled, unless you have a real good AC, but even then, you don't want your AC to work all the time.
A dehumidifier is a must also.
As far as the CO2, there is a couple ways to go. First and foremost is a Controller. There is a few different controllers that can do a number of things.
Myself, I use a Sentinal CHHC4. It controls the AC, Dehumidifier and the CO2 genny. Pricey though.
I guess the first question is what type of CO2 do you want to run? Gas bottles or Generator? Gas bottles create no heat while a genny makes heat from the burning of propane to create the CO2. If you go with the Bottled, I would reccomend a controller that has "fuzzy logic".
Alot of what equipment would be best is really dependent on your budget man. It can get pricey quick. Not to worry though, there is a number of ways to run CO2 cheaply also. So, if you can give me a rough estimate of what equip you allready have and what your budget is, I think I can help.

My new room has its own central air unit and mobile home furnace all to itself. I have natural gas right outside the room so I was thinking of going with a burner however the no heat from bottles is something I didn't even think about. My hoods are 8 inch air cooled pulling air from outside the room and exhausting outside the room. The room is a box built inside a room that is vented directly outside.

Budget would probably be around 500 up to 1000 if I have to spend that much to do it right. I also plan on just running atmospheric ppm for the foreseeable future.

Srry for the delay Herm.
A good CAP controller for CO2 ppm would do the trick for sure. They run about 250.

I took some new pics this morning. The GDP is close, probably going to chop it next week, I have been flushing her for about a week or so.

The Larry and Chem still have 3 weeks to go, they are getting huge. Staking them up for days.

I took some new clones 10 days ago or so, and they are blasting roots. I will need to transplant them tomorrow. They are the new stock that will go in the room when the Larry and Chem are finished.
The New line up next run will be East Coast Sour D, Diablo OG, and Skywalker OG. All heavy hitters.

chem.jpg

gdp row.jpg

gdp.jpg

gdp1.jpg

clone1.jpg

clones.jpg

Latest posts

Back