Help Needed, Reward Offered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow

from the Nirvana website

Black Domina is an indica variety from Nirvana and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days) and outdoors. Nirvanas Black Domina is a THC dominant variety and is/was only available as feminized seeds.

70 days and one would think that is enough time

it is indeed a mystery

my humble opinion is it is the genetics

there are strandivars out there that are done under 60 days , with ambers

obviously the ones you have are not what Nirvana is advertising
I have same results no matter which strain I grow.

Do you have any photos of the trichs in the later close to harvesting weeks? You say they do not turn cloudy. I would kick that strain/pheno to the curb. Maybe it's the lineage, and you are taking them down too early? Photos would help.
No, I do not have trichome photos.

It's not the lineage because it is happening with everything I've been growing.

So no matter what strain you grow they never change from clear to cloudy? I'd say time is your issue regardless of what strain you are growing you will have to wait until the trichomes change. If they are not ripening how do you know you're not harvesting early? Some strains take longer than others. If it's not ready at 70 days let it keep growing. What do you have to lose by giving your plants more time to ripen? Pictures would help us a lot. Is there a reason you can't show pictures of the plants themselves? Id bet good money you are harvesting to early.

My Opinion: This is not lighting, temperature, or humidity related. It is not related to harvesting too early or too late. It does not seem like a nutrient issue since the plants are mostly deficient free. Deficiencies are handled in a timely manner.
That leaves bacteria and fungus. I would give up on the compost next grow for starters, or replace it with something else.

So no matter what strain you grow they never change from clear to cloudy? I'd say time is your issue regardless of what strain you are growing you will have to wait until the trichomes change. If they are not ripening how do you know you're not harvesting early? Some strains take longer than others. If it's not ready at 70 days let it keep growing. What do you have to lose by giving your plants more time to ripen? Pictures would help us a lot. Is there a reason you can't show pictures of the plants themselves? Id bet good money you are harvesting to early.
Agree. Especially if you say they all do the same thing. Patience grasshopper.

So no matter what strain you grow they never change from clear to cloudy? I'd say time is your issue regardless of what strain you are growing you will have to wait until the trichomes change. If they are not ripening how do you know you'r

e not harvesting early? Some strains take longer than others. If it's not ready at 70 days let it keep growing. What do you have to lose by giving your plants more time to ripen? Pictures would help us a lot. Is there a reason you ca
The last strains I ran were 7-9 week Indicas and I let them run for 12 weeks. At that point, all of the leaves were yellow. When all of the leaves are yellow, photosynthesis cannot occur, and you have to harvest the plant. Everything looks like it should except the weed is not pychoactive - the reason why is because the trichomes are not cloudy. There are a few cloudy trichomes, but the majority are not.

Never heard of such a thing in all my years of growing and seeing grows. Again,,, can you please post some pictures of these plants? You have a phone with a camera right? If this was just one plant i would say you got a bad deal with a bad strain,,, but you are saying all your grows and all your strains do that. :(
Ive grown plants from start to finish with nothing but CFLs and didnt have that problem.

Never heard of such a thing in all my years of growing and seeing grows. Again,,, can you please post some pictures of these plants?

same here

i am stumpified , mystified , and unsatisfied

something aint adding up here and i am trying to connect the dots

- lights ok………check

- medium ok…….check

- temps humidity ok…….check

- nutrients ok………check

- Ph ok………..check

and it aint the seeds….it is not the seeds because the op said it happens on every strain he grows

another question:

how many other grows have done this?

another question:

have you ever had a grow with plants that did have amber trichomes?

and that will usher in another round of questions

like i said , things aint adding up

The last strains I ran were 7-9 week Indicas and I let them run for 12 weeks. At that point, all of the leaves were yellow. When all of the leaves are yellow, photosynthesis cannot occur, and you have to harvest the plant. Everything looks like it should except the weed is not pychoactive - the reason why is because the trichomes are not cloudy. There are a few cloudy trichomes, but the majority are not.

wow

i want to scream bovine feces but i am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt

lets see , i first smoked weed in 1963 and ive never heard of a plant that would not eventually have amber trichomes…that includes some 30+ weeks Vietnamese weed

Dolomite lime contains Calcium & Magnesium.
Yep. I was wrong. I apologize. I did read the pH component of it can affect nutrient absorption but I was off base. My motivation was what seemed to be a delayed flower and ripening of some plants I grew outdoor this year using AN Perfect pH nutes. Their feeding schedule is the same from veg thru harvest(equal amounts of micro, veg and bloom-weird)and my plants were DARK GREEN like I had not had before(one female even had green pistils-double weird). I knew that was a symptom of nitrogen toxicity so I had a little theory that excess nitrogen caused the delay. I meant to come back and ‘right my wrong’ but you beat me to it. Another whacky idea for you-ripe bananas give off ethylene that will cause other fruits to ripen then rot quickly. I wonder if putting some banana peels on top of your soil would force the buds to ripen. Just a thought…

Latest posts

Back