Help New to Outdoor Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentgonzo5

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could start with purchasing the seeds that is sold in the product commercially (pressed marijuana from Jamaica). Would these pressed seeds germinate and grow well?

We usually refer to these as bagseed. Grow wise it all depends. I used them a lot when I first started growing to get down the growing basics and had some pretty decent harvests. Careful though these seeds have a higher possibility of being a hermie or male.

Inspect the seed throughly for any faults or cracks. Make sure it has a nice brown color to it with some good looking tiger stripes. Don't waste your time with the white immature seed, they will only bring frustration.

Good luck homie hope you find some good seeds

My first grow was with bag seed just to practice before using my good seeds. It surprised me how well they turned out. Of course I could have got lucky with some good genetics.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
We usually refer to these as bagseed. Grow wise it all depends. I used them a lot when I first started growing to get down the growing basics

hydrotoker said:
My first grow was with bag seed just to practice

As stated above i think its a good ideal to grow using bagseed
for the learning experience.....

After you've acquired some knowledge through trial and error...
and feel confident in your ability to grow.Buy some good genetics this way your not just jumping off the deep end....

but to answer your question as long as the seed is viable you should be fine.

It is more cost efficient to use bagseed for your first grow, imo. Then after a couple grows switch over to good seeds

Hi guys thanks for your very useful comments, I appreciate the information provided and I will proceed as have been highlighted.

Two more questions I have:

With bag seeds what is the average length of time from seed planting to harvesting? (I live in the part of the world where there is sunshine everyday with average temperatures around 85 degrees year around)

At time of harvesting what is the average yield per mature tree (in grams, lbs or kg)?

Thanks again and I look forward to all information provided.

How long are your daylight hours?

And as for your yield question its impossible to answer because there are to many variables to consider.

Cheers!

home grown from bagseed is usually WAAAAY better than the smoke you got your seeds from.

our daylight hours each day is from 6am - 6pm (12 hours daily) January thorough December with temperature averaging 85 degrees 365 days of the year

Your days stay 12/12 all 365 days a year dont you get a summer?

Cheers!!!

Nov - Feb 6am - 6pm (12 hrs)
March - Oct 6am - 6:30pm (12 1/2hrs)

I am based in the Southern part of the Caribbean with temperatures year around daily 85 degrees whether sun or rain.:)

with bagseed it is impossible to tell how long it will take. You may want to start your plants indoors under 24 hrs of light, you could do this with some compact flourescents or t5's or a cheap metal halide light. Get them nice and big and when you see pre-flowers or alternating nodes then transplant them outdoors to finish up.

Or you could just plant them outdoors, but with those short days it may take awhile, especially if you end up with sativa from your bagseed...which it is highly likely if your messing with Jamaican pot. You have to really watch your plants and make sure that they are not hermi's or else you will end up with a bunch of worthless seed.

Latest posts

Back