HemperFi's Second Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I believe the last Satori in the tent is also a male. It looks to be developing balls, but I'll give it another day or two to be sure. I guess I'll have to order some more seeds from Mandella. It's a damn shame, but I WILL have a crop of some pretty good strains none-the-less. I also planted one Og Kush, and two Blue Widow, but it seems every time I take a clone out of the cloner and put them into the dirt they just start shriveling up and falling over. This didn't happen to me last year. I stuffed the new clones up under a clear 12 oz cup with holes in the bottom as a temporary dome and turned the light down to 250w -- perhaps it will do the trick. The first two clones almost died, but they are looking okay now -- having some troubles in the old boat, but I am determined to make things work out.

here is what the roots look like coming out of the cloner:

100_1291-002.jpg

Great root development--can't imagine what the problem could be. Could the soil you are putting them into be too hot?

Hey buddy, read the last few pages, great looking start in the tent. Glad your still keeping at it. :) Can't wait to see how you finish. Subbed

Goddess, I don't think the soil is still hot. I added some ffof to the amended ProMix and didn't add anything else to it. I have needed to dome all of my current clones because of wilt. The stems just seem to be softer or something. I don't know... I'm not doing things any different than I have in the past.

Sol, I just read all of your journal, and as usual, I'm impressed. You are becoming quite the expert grower, my friend. I'm happy to see that you are still with it in a big way. Do you plan to stay all organic? You are growing some fantastic looking weed, my friend.

Peace

I cut down the last Satori male. Does seem a shame to have to kill such nice plants, but that's the game we play. I now have 4 strains in the tent under two 600w Hps bulbs in cooltubes, and they are doing fine. I also have 6 clones in vedge -- 2 Veneno, 2 OG Kush, and 2 Blue Widow. I have one Moby **** in the cloner that is pumping out some nice roots as well. I will plant her tomorrow. I have had to dome all the plants coming out of the cloner this grow. I'm not sure why, but there is no burn on leaf tips, and they are now growing well without domes (except the one I planted this morning) I have been watching it closely and have put the clear dixi cup over it a couple of times. It's off now, and I will watch it. If it begins to wilt again, I will dome it again. They are all under 250w of MH (the lowest setting on the dimmable ballast) and I will turn it up as soon as I feel they can handle it. I may wait until the MD has been planted and hardened off. I figure they will have to vedge for 8 weeks at least anyway. That will give the ladies in the tent 10 weeks of flower.

On a personal note: My Marine Son went back to his duties early this morning. We had a wonderful visit. He began looking for a car on Wednesday, bought a car Friday, registered and insured it Saturday and drove away in it today. I took it to my mechanic and they did 400 bucks worth of work on it changing all the fluids and servicing the tranny, and for 5000 dollars he bought a pretty nice car. (01 Pontiac Bonneville). I will miss him, but it is only a six hour drive from where he is stationed, so I will probably see him again soon :) Life is good!

Peace

I fed the girls in the tent their first full on flower nutes this morning. I will give them PHed water next time w/ CalMag and perhaps again after that -- it depends on what they tell me they need :)

Peace

Six hours away is just a hop and a skip and a jump. It is nice for you that he and you can be that close.

Sorry about the Satoris, but you have some other great things going. It will be a great harvest.

Thank you Goddess. Yes, I have 4 great strains in the tent. I'm a little concerned about the MD. I read somewhere that someone had one Hermie on them outside, and what I have is the same freebe femmed seed. It is the only one that still hasn't shown sex -- we will see -- I'm watching it closely.

My Son and I are very close. It was great to see him. We haven't been able to get together very much in the last few years, but he only has a year of active duty left to do, and he isn't that far away now, so we will get together more often -- I'm sure. And, unless something drastic happens, he will not be deployed over seas again -- hope for peace :)

The last cutting in the cloner is another MD (Moby ****) and may be from hermie stock, but I have six others already in vedge that will be female for sure. I will know which are the best smoke after this grow and refine my garden accordingly. I will clone the clones of the best clones when I know which strains produce the hardest hitting smoke :)

Peace

The cloning tray is empty now. All the little darlings are looking fine -- even after falling over and being put under a dixi cup temp dome a few times. They hardened up after a few hours under the temp domes, and they are looking swell. What do you think?

Here is a shot -- and a couple of pics of what is going on in flower this morning. I'm going to have some nice buds -- I hope :)

Two 600w HPS lights sure do penetrate better than one :)

Peace

100_1293.jpg

100_1294.jpg

100_1295.jpg

Great to catch up with your grow. That was quite strange with the clones- glad it sorted itself out.

Maybe we'll be able to grow our Satori together.

Good morning, Wow, things are looking fantastic. I usually only check a few ppls' grows every few days , not as much time online as before(last yr.) Anyhow ,a few ?? for you if i may. What is it about Satori that make it so popular? I'm not familiar with that strain, i know only what i've seen in your tent. And what is the expexted or usual flower time? Just curious

What is it about Satori? For me, I like the up energetic high. She has a nice taste and smell, kind of fruity spicy. Satori is a robust plant, fairly easy to grow, she has huge fan leaves and it a light feeder (but a heavy drinker--lol takes up a lot of water). Satori handles high temps well. I generally take my Satori out 9-10 weeks.

Plants looking good Hemper. Clones look like they recovered just fine.

Tasty, where ya been? Did you guys by the house? I'm thinking you did and have been busy moving -- must be nice. I'm going to have to buy some more Satori seeds. Three of the last five I had were male and the other two didn't pop (my fault I'm sure). I just love the way they grow -- fast and easy -- and the high is strong but not couch lock strong -- a great day time high. We should get together and chat soon :)

Sol, for me it was the way they grow -- just amazing growth, and the high is great as well. Everyone should try this strain :)

Thank you goddess. Yes, with a little attention and care I was able to get all my clones growing nicely. I topped the two Veneno as they were a couple of inches taller than the rest, and I thought the topping might slow the growth a little and let the others catch up, but they aren't showing any stress and have just kept growing. Looks like I'm going to have a little canopy problem in the next flower room, but I am stoked to have another grow waiting to replace the girls in the tent.

I just opened the tent for the day and watered the four banging plants in there. They are using almost 4 gallons of liquid every three days now. I really like this soil I have concocted this grow. There are nickle sized buds all over the place in there -- at least on the OG Kush, Veneno (which is a little more Sativa dom than the rest) and the Blueberry x White Widow. The Moby D1ck is also beginning to put out some hairs, and I believe she will be a very nice producer.

I'm having a little problem keeping the RH up in the tent. It is down to about 30 these last few days. I will pick up a humidifier the next time I go to town -- tomorrow after my doctors appointment. They want to do another scan on my lungs, but I am feeling a whole lot better and I am breathing much better as well. They did a test last week which showed that I am processing 97 percent of the oxygen I'm taking in, so I'm thinking I am almost healed. :)

I'll take a pic tonight as soon as the HPS lights go off to show you-all the nice bud action going on in my garden right now -- the girls are middle aged now and strutting their stuff -- I just love them.

My Son commented while he was here that I don't smoke as much weed as I used to. I told him it was more about the growing for me now than the smoking. I can't imagine not having a garden at least planned these days :)

Peace

Low humidity, that is part of me going back to DWC. Fortunately, it is easier to add humidity than take it away.

LOL--yeah, growing gets that way. I told my sis that I couldn't possibly think about wintering there unless I had a place to grow.

Hope you appointment goes well. Glad to hear you are feeling chipper.

Yeah, Goddess, I'm thinking a cheap humidifier should just about do the trick. I have to be careful though. I have just about all this old boat can handle plugged in now, but I will figure it out.

I built a cover for the louvered vent going out of the boat. I don't like that people wonder why its always aflutter out there. I'll paint it white and put it over the louvers tomorrow when I pick up some small brackets to mount it with.

It's an exciting time in my grow room. I love it when the girls begin to flower. Amazing how fast they are taking shape -- beautiful :)

Peace

Hi Hemper. My RH is always real low. Seems your would be higher on a boat. Mine is always under 30 in the flower room and probably the same in the veg...hmmm maybe i should do something too.

97% o2 sounds pretty good to me Hemper. I am so glad you are feeling better and are over the worst of that. I hope it is all behind you.

The garden is about love and passion and truth. Peace man. lol rose

Rosy, your comments always make me feel better. The sweetness in you is as medicinal as the weed we grow. You are truly a darling :)

I took some pics last night just after the lights went out in the tent, but my darn camera couldn't seem to figure out what to focus on, so they are all blurry. I will try again tonight using a different setting. I won't post out-of-focus pics -- you-all deserve better than that.

Peace

Here are a few shots in HPS light -- sorry, but for 2 weeks and 2 days I think they are banging -- I just wanted you to see them. I'll try and get some shots in focus tonight when to lights go out :)

Peace

100_1301.jpg

100_1302.jpg

100_1303.jpg

The one on the left is the OG Kush -- the one on the right is Veneno -- and the middle one is the star of this grow, the Blueberry x White Widow (Blue Widow).

The Moby D1ck is beginning to produce hairs, but is way behind the others. There are a bunch of bud sites on it though, and I believe it is going to be just fine. I see no sign of hermie -- yet.

Peace

:yay: I think I may have to rethink the Sativa in my stable, I like the idea of a tastier sativa and the Jack47 I have has lil to no discernable taste (well at least with the nonorganic batch I received from my strain caretaker...)

Latest posts

Back