Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some in the South still fighting the civil war--in thier minds they long for the days U could have your slaves do the work -- Seems that is morphing into the desire for the 4th Reich with a King !-- I'm old but I'd go out to fight that !-- They want to overturn Roe vs Wade so they can tell women what they can and can't do to thier own bodies !-- Nu-uh !-- U ain't doing that either !--

I like everybody. I grew up in a small town in KS and everybody knew everybody and we all spoke. Even though I live in a major city (suburb) I still speak and wave to All. I live by a simple rule. "I like you if you like me". But if you don't.....well I don't need the hassle.

Probably not Rose -- The realtor is jamming me !-- I think they trying to put me off until the beach house sells -- Bastids !-- They held up putting the house on the market -- She wanted more done to it !-- but didn't bother to tell me !
As is !-- Do U understand the words coming out my mouth ?

My only problem with crack heads is while they are using.
I WAS one. I know.
As far as race issues, don't you think if there was an all white only college they would be racist?
Then what makes all black colleges ok?
Racism goes both ways. Education is the only answer.

I remember Seperate but equal -- education was seperate but not equal !-- So now they run the student loan scam to prevent the poor from receiving a proper education -- It's equal - They do the same at black colleges -- U want an education U have to buy it !-- Then pay for it the rest of your life !-- So the gap between the haves and have not grows !

Good morning ofc...Rose, I think you taught hose Tennessee crack kids some good stuff!!!and hopefully they know how lucky they were to find someone like you when they needed it...Monday morning and chilly out here though not as cold as soma y’all up East...so far two of the 4 seedlings have poked their heads thru the soil...don’t know what I’m gonna do today and I’m not really in a hurry to get started either...Cheers y’all

I know that's right about an efucation Umbra -- I wasn't in the jungle but I was in the army during that time -- Blacks and poor whites fought that war -- We couldn't buy a deferment like political name and the rich !-- There were race riots while I was in the army that time -- I was one of those with a shield and riot baton !-- Everyone was just mad !-- I took a a couple more shots to the face then too !-- They set me up in a remote village - said there was a fight in the club- we patrolled the Ville with 2 Mps--
There was no fight in the bar - They were waiting on me !
They beat me pretty good - Lost my helmet - night stick -they broke some pool sticks on me !
Kung Fu dude cut me around the eyes with that claw move - Then someone yelled he's got a gun !-- They was talking about me !- I backed them off real quick after that !- Took a prisoner and used him for a shield !- I held our little MP office as they threw stuff at the office until help arrived -- We cleaned that villiage out !-- Well they did -I was sent me to the hospital to get checked out ! -- All that blood wasn't mine !-- When U fighting for your life U don't hold back !

Stinky that's the deal on the beach house !- She thinks I asked too much for it too !-- I didn't !-- Show it you'll find out I'm right

That's 1 of the main objectives of the GOP. Only elite rich males will be able to go to college. It perpetuates the elite.
This is important!!! When you look at how racism or sexism affect us both as individuals and as a society, it hits the lower socioeconomic classes harder. It behooves those in power to set us off against each other, so we don't speak out with a united voice that we want better for ourselves and our kids. And we all want the same thing, regardless of color... food, health, homes, happiness, a decent job with some dignity. It's easy therefore to use the scare tactics that the brown people are coming for your jobs and womenfolk as a wrench in the works that will keep us from getting along and all ask for better wages TOGETHER.
It starts with education but won't get far until we stop looking at people with the same dreams as ourselves as anything other than allies.

I have limited experience with real estate, but I have found the agent knows the market better than I do and what will sell at what price. Everybody wants the highest price, but it's not always like that. You have to look at it differently, in my humble opinion. Every month the payment is due and not sold, it costs you money. Selling right away for a little less than you think it's worth costs you less than holding out for a higher sales price in the long run. 6 months on the market and any profit from a higher price is lost.

Nice posts Stinky, thank you. So my hybrid is nice. I like it. I am listening to Sam Cooke...Thanks re, 40 days until the kids go back, who is counting? me, but it isn't bad, i just need some time alone, ya know? She has never lived in a "normal" home so she is happy here. I worry about them when they leave.. They are hard-working kids.

Hey Cane, how is life in paradise? We are clouded in as usual for January. I bet your sunny. Seattle had snow and went crazy as i am sure you know. Nice to see you. I will smoke one for MLK day with you. Lets do this thing, the northwest way.

I have bought and sold several houses and always use a realtor - I'm willing to come down on the price if I get an offer - The holidays jammed me some -- It's a sellers market - my house is half mile from the beach U can hear the waves crashing at night -- There are several refineries and industry moving into Corpus - There is already a shortage of beach houses and all them people gonna want one - I'm not reducing the price until I negotiate a price with the buyer - if I have to !-- Then maybe not !-- When I came out the swamp after Katrina the realtor laughed at me when I told her what I wanted for it !-- She wasn't laughing anymore when I got my asking price !

Umbra youre so right and it's even crazier in hard freeze areas, every month the heating bill is due is bad, or worse if the heat cuts out and the pipes freeze! That last $15k you were holding out for in October just turned into a pricey water damage cleanup and a distressed/handyman special sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back