Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be 8 of them boxes in bloom at the Bat Cave -- 4 groups of 2 boxes each --2 weeks apart - Then I double it to Complete a Geriatric Grow Unit !
U know that important part about PH and PPMs -?- That box up there never had a PH pen in it - Lost my PPM pen !-
Unfiltered Well water -- Splash of EM1 and a splash of Tiger Bloom !-- Very precise measurements!

2RE- Sorry about your loss - we lost one last year and it still stings. I still think I see Mr. Beau sometimes, doing something funny.

Gloman - Great news - Those wiener dogs are tough little cusses. C'mon Barney!

My ZDF germed last night, but the GDP is holding out on me. Scuffed it up a bit and back on the heat pad.

Rain finally stopped here in the Pines, and it's warming up a bit.

Feel a little wonky this morning - need to go smoke - peace out

Good morning OFC. I

I'm scratching my head on pH drops. Every day my reservoirs drop a little. I have an automatic float keeping a constant level. Tap water ppm is 100, soft naturally. Tap water pH is 7 or higher. The natural progression is as transportation takes up water, a small amount of higher pH water would be added. Contrary what should be happening, pH drops a little. When pH is below 5.8, I add a little acid, (GHs pH Up) and bring up the pH back up to 5.8. I don't want to shock the plants and am adding pH Up cautiously. My Raspberry Coughs absolutely love the mix. My AK48s have what looks like multiple nutrient issues. My guess is pH is too low for it. In a few weeks, it's done. Except for leaf color on old growth, it is blooming well so I'm scratching my head on that, too. I'm switching to different genetics too so I have another reason to trek through and move on to my next crop. One last thought is that chlorine in tap water is added too fast, overpowering the natural evaporating out of gasses. I am extremely well aerated, that should make the evaporating out of chlorine gasses rapid.

I recently increased the feed ppm. The only thing I can think of is that there is a buffered low pH in the feed that has so far overpowered the acid. I'm using GH trio with CalMagic maintaining 900ish ppm. My lights are limited still for economics. I got carried away on growing, anticipating more die offs. I ended up with too many plants doing fairly well and am too soft on culling out perfectly good plants. In the next six weeks, they will be good to harvest according to the charts.

In related news, I was checking trichrome color and saw one tiny little caterpillar type worm on the upper part of an AK. I ordered a phone plug in microscope to look more thoroughly. It was only one, and I can't find any more. Maybe bugs are hurting it and they are too small to see. 45x is where I found the one. I grow in water and lava rocks so far. I may be switching to aero spray to get rid of pest harboring issues. I'm treating the area with pyrethium and another insecticide that was premixed together. I don't want it on the plants. The insecticide stuff was left over from summer treating camping clothes for ticks. It's not meant for plants, so I'm doubly leary of the stuff on food stuff. If I can find another worm, I'll test an insecticide on it to see what works. I did a search and it looks somewhat like a rootworm but shaped wrong, and the roots look fantastic. If my camera could capture better, I would post something. I will harvest what I can, clean up the space and start over. The harvest will be big. I'm making too big a deal over one bug, but don't want it to get out of hand. My other closet is clean, BTW.
With the GH 3 part you do not need calmagic.

I'm plumb these boxes with a drain and and a nute water in line !- Take my pumps out and put the spray manifolds on a PVC stand -- Pump the water in to spray-- let it drain back out to the res to do it again on a timer of course !- My job be monitoring and carrying plants in aero baskets from box to box as needed !- Lights on a timer !- Watering is off the chore list !- no worry about how much nute water in the box !
Fewer bigger plants !- Bloom should run mostly on auto pilot ?- The work will be to keep veg in good shape so it can feed bloom the plants !--

Edit -- Gonna need an air line moving air thru the boxes too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, i seem to be grumpy this morn. Re, i know you loved that boy, he was so lucky to have you in his final days
Im so sorry. It is as hard or harder than losing a person. Gman, glad your boy is going to be ok.
Mt bshb tne seed popped this morning

On my way to turn the power and water on to the water heater !-- Something stinks around here and it keeps following me around !- I think I got it figured out ?

Edit-- Rose just get high !- I know U know how ?-- Things is better when U lit up !

Did U see what was peeking around the corner in the bottom right hand corner in that pic Gloman posted for me ?- That's a piece of that White Indica coming down any day now !

Edit -- 5 clones from 5 different varieties in a box - 2 boxes in a group--
I can produce some variety or all the same and anything inbetween !--
2 groups a month !- Got plenty to choose from !- Might need more ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Showed the flower room the other day. To feed that room, a lot else needs to happen. Moms in the tent. Clone factory and seedling generator.
20200225_081741.jpg
20200225_081752.jpg
20200225_081824.jpg

1st time Umbra showed the heart of his operation !-- I clone from clones and grow in water but all dat same **** gotta happen before U get the money shot in bloom !

I ain't messing with them clouds HP !- I do they might slide back down my way ?-- We sunny and warming !

Go0od morning OFC

I am glad Barney is doing better Gman. We are pulling for him.

Nice set up Umbra. So much going in in your grow area.

Hang ion there Rose. Life can get a person down sometimes. I hope your day improves.

Keef, it sounds like you are on the verge of a great harvest. I hope your beach house sells soon for big bucks and you find the perfect bat cave.

Gonna be a nice harvest every month for awhile Burnin1 !--
Selling the beach house in the midst of a plague might be a problem ?-- We'll see ?-- I just keep doing what I do until I find my place or another place to grow ?-- My confidence in the beach house selling fast bottomed out when I began to keep up with the virus !-- Not sure exactly what's gonna happen with me yet ?-- Probably not a good idea to write me off though !-- I'm broke and poor but I'm a pot farmer!--
I grow money trees !-- I need some money like now ?-- I just grow me some ? - Takes awhile but my long range future be looking pretty dam good to me !

Several peeps report a bigger yield when they added CaliMag to their three part. I bought a bottle a week ago to test RC 1 without and RC 2 with CaliMag. There seems to be a faster growth with, but that's without weights and sizes logged yet and is subjective.

Last edited:
Dax - U got the methodology down !-- I always thought there is plenty of cal/mag in tap water or dirt !- I only used it because I was using RO water and no dirt !-
Almost applied for a job in the Cannabis industry and moved to California !- NOT !- I got a job !- I'm a Prohibition state pot farmer trying to make the buzzer !-This is all I've ever known !--- I don't need someone telling me what to do !-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back