Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov - I wasn't suggesting powdered milk -- Irradiated milk -- It's real milk 1%- 2% and such - It is packaged in cardboard containers - then exposed to radiation to kill anything in it - It can stay on the shelf and only need to be refrigerated after opening !- I use it - It is regular real milk - nothing added just like cold fresh milk !- It can be shipped to U !-- Lots of places use dehydrated egg powder !- Ate lots of rehydrated scrambled eggs in the army - You've probably ate them and didn't know !

Zig my TV is in storage - My phone is my TV and radio -- I don't talk on it anyway - U want a reponse from me best send me a text or e-mail - I don't even check my messages !
I can handle this a little longer !- Crackheads and such been scarce lately !- I'd like to go see places for the Bat Cave right now but the weed is growing -- I want out of here but I can wait a while and do it safely !-- I was in a hurry to catch the outside grow season - there'll be next year and I'll be ready - I'm hustle me up some legendary sativa seed
and have clones ready for spring !-- I got such a long grow season - Not gonna freeze - They can run up until mid November ! Right during deer hunting season too -- dam !-- Night Vision and go at night ?

Nov - I wasn't suggesting powdered milk -- Irradiated milk -- It's real milk 1%- 2% and such - It is packaged in cardboard containers - then exposed to radiation to kill anything in it - It can stay on the shelf and only need to be refrigerated after opening !- I use it - It is regular real milk - nothing added just like cold fresh milk !- It can be shipped to U !-- Lots of places use dehydrated egg powder !- Ate lots of rehydrated scrambled eggs in the army - You've probably ate them and didn't know !
I've for sure had the eggs, in a few different places. I misunderstood about the milk. I hadn't even thought of the food bank milk. That's what I call it lol. Ill grab a couple each time I'm out for a few trips. That's a really good idea, thank you Keef.

They also got bacon in a can - probably irradiated in a box too ? -- I'm going back up in the thicket - UPS and Amazon Prime be thy name -- I order U bring me my **** !-- We good !

I'm roughing it today - Nice buzz- Watching Santana and SRV in concert on my phone in the a.c.-- Life is hard !- Where my lighter ?- Need to Practice for 420 so the cable guy don't make me look bad ?

Cats...good morning ofc, they’re saying maybe 70* by tomorrow but rain again on the weekend...
Got my sunset sherbert seeds in the mail this am so that’ll be my outdoor grow this summer...
Cheers y’all and have a great uncorona day!! Unless your just drinking the beer...

Afternoon All..Hope Harley was just in for a check up...CBS Access was giving out a free month as well.They have most anything ya want in a can for survival food...somethings have a short shelf life..1 to 1.5 years...freeze dried goes up to 25 years depending on storage conditions....there is no powdered cows milk hardly but plenty powdered goat milk.. Bonnet Carre opening is a first its ever been open 3 years in a row..we are supposed to crest at 57 feet soon...spillway was built late 20's early 30's so it is close to another 100 year event. Fire it up Keef...we got an example to set...I do not want the cable guy showing me up either !

41ceEMOLskL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

@Steve1 i use the sf-1000 in a small, less than 2x2 grow box...they don’t put out a lot of heat or at least compared to other types of lights...I’d jump on a bigger one if I needed one but both of my spaces are well lit now...

Last edited:
What we need is some old school military C- rations - Case about big as a case of canned veggies -- entree candy /cookies -/ crackers - pack of 5 cigarettes ( most likely Camels or Lucky Strikes ) a book of matches and toilet paper !-- case had 12 meals and a few can openers - My old P-38 can opener still on my key chain ! -- Everyone ended up with thier own can opener eventually -- They bring us those big ice chest slung under a helicopter full of PBR --
For the children -Pabst Blue Ribbon beer-- in a can with no flip top or ring pull !- Soldiers will find a way to open them that is a given !-- Sometimes they even dropped in hot food same way - slug under a Huey !-- --

It's a strange thing to see the water flowing backwards at the Spillway -- Usually flows out the Ponchatrain into the river -- I still want me a dam house boat on the Ponchartrain - Maybe up Pearl river way or is that Lake Maraipaus - same thing anyway !-- Go drop a tickle chain and net off the boat and get high awhile !- Then comes the dam pull in - Dump the net on the sorting table -- Drop the net back in and take back off -- Sort the shrimp - try not to get got by a crab - Throw all the by catch back - Except that big fat flounder over there ?-- Bout the time U get thru sorting -- time to pull the net back in !-- Shrimp hide in the mud during the day and move into the water column at night- U pull a net with a chain under it during the day -- the shrimp come up out the mud and get caught by the moving net !
Nick do that ship shrimping- this just bayou shrimping !
Then at night U use wing nets to catch them in the water column !- Empty the net - Sort --repeat !

There's that non dairy powdered milk and condensed. I thought that's what keef was talking about. I don't think I was awake fully yet really. Our panty is stocked for a month or two on gp. I'm not a prepper but I've seen hard times. I guess I do prepare for those. I think in the years to come some may consider me more prepper than not.

White shrimping boots no less...seen school yards in Venice LA at recess and every kid out there had those white rubber boots on. I was given all most a pick up bed of MRE's once...company I used to work for had a solid waste division and I did sales, house counts QC work...one account was for the LA National Guard...they had a Engineering Battalion close by...every Summer they did the 2 weeks in the field down by Hydro Electric Station on Guvment property...they were dirt movers and practice building levee's ,canals and ponds. I visited one day for PR and was talking to Top that ran the kitchen...asked about a few MRE's...got cases...they had propane grills and were eating from a local grocery mostly lol. I liked those pound cakes! I used the meals camping and shared a few with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back